Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > OpenZone > OpenZone:: Q&A

OpenZone:: Q&A Support forum for OpenZone help

Old 12-30-2007, 05:44 PM
demen302
Fire Beetle

Default Problem

Ok I have searched and looked for this. I can make a square level zone as per the tutorial. Then when I go to do the next step, rumple the ground it seems to hang the program. But, this is the weird part, if I go and close it out, it will suddenly render the change and show me the zone with the rumpled ground right before it exits. I tried updating video drivers and such.. Geforce FX 5200 card, but to no use. Anyone have any ideas?

Note: it jumps my cpu usage to 100%
Old 12-31-2007, 01:28 AM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

Look at your servers "eqemu/map" directory - do you have one set up? are there .map files in there?
Old 12-31-2007, 09:33 AM
demen302
Fire Beetle

Hmmm don't have that on this comp. This is my build comp, move stuff to my server when I have worked on it. OpenZone seems to only ask for the Eq directory. Am I wrong in my thinking though that if the program need the .map files that I would not be able to even make a simple level zone and have it display even, if those file were missing?

I can make a simple flat zone, but changes to it do not seem to update until I actually close the progam then it exits of course.
Old 12-31-2007, 10:34 AM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by demen302 View Post
Hmmm don't have that on this comp. This is my build comp, move stuff to my server when I have worked on it. OpenZone seems to only ask for the Eq directory. Am I wrong in my thinking though that if the program need the .map files that I would not be able to even make a simple level zone and have it display even, if those file were missing?

I can make a simple flat zone, but changes to it do not seem to update until I actually close the progam then it exits of course.
Whoops sorry, somehow I posted my reply to the wrong thread.
Old 12-31-2007, 01:43 PM
Scorpious2k
Demi-God

Quote:

What version of OpenZone, how big is the zone you made and how are you trying to rumple the ground?
Old 12-31-2007, 05:59 PM
demen302
Fire Beetle

OpenZone 8.1, Following the tutorial... zone 2000 x 2000, using the rumple for the whole zone. Even if I save the zone, and try and load it in later, Same thing happens. Well ok not exactly the same... When I try and load it in from saved file, it never displays anything.
Old 01-01-2008, 02:53 PM
Scorpious2k
Demi-God

Quote:
OpenZone 8.1, Following the tutorial... zone 2000 x 2000, using the rumple for the whole zone. Even if I save the zone, and try and load it in later, Same thing happens. Well ok not exactly the same... When I try and load it in from saved file, it never displays anything.
Interesting, is that all you do to the zone?
Old 01-01-2008, 03:17 PM
Windcatcher
Demi-God

I wonder if it's just not repainting the 3D window. What happens if you try to move around the zone with the cursor keys?
Old 01-01-2008, 06:04 PM
demen302
Fire Beetle

Yeah I can move around the zone with the arrow keys... suppose it could be just taking a long time to paint... but still is weird that if I go and close out the program, then it will do it really fast right before it closes.
Old 03-23-2008, 09:31 AM
nezmyth
Sarnak

Sorry for the bump, having the exact same problem
Old 03-23-2008, 12:38 PM
nezmyth
Sarnak

problem fixed : have to set priority for the program to realtime , even though it lags anything other than the program like hell