Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 10-02-2007, 11:56 PM
Qinamen
Sarnak

Default Spell Editor

Is there any spell editor currently available that will create spells and use the spell files from spells_us.txt?

What i need this for is I will be editing/creating some spells for a server however i ONLY have to work with is the spells_us.. no database, no fancy lists... just spells_us.

Thanks for your help
Old 10-03-2007, 03:15 AM
Theeper
Discordant

Not sure what you mean by spell files. All spells come from spells_us.txt. There is no other file for them.

Personally, I find it easiest to tweak them by loading a copy of spells_us.txt as a CSV file into excel. This makes it much more readable. I have heard of people having problems exporting the spells from excel, so I just use the excel version for readability, then make my changes to the actual spells file.

There is a spell editor called OpenSpell you can find by searching these forums.
Old 01-17-2008, 10:52 AM
FirestormXL
Fire Beetle

Really?! Excell O.O hmm... that might explain why notepad showed up as a buncha triangles...