Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Database/World Building

Development::Database/World Building World Building forum, dedicated to the EQEmu MySQL Database. Post partial/complete databases for spawns, items, etc.

Old 08-24-2007, 05:40 AM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

Default PEQ Ykesha Beta DB and Quests Released

I've decided to package up the database and quests to provide a proper release for those asking for it. It occured to me to name it Ykesha because that is more or less complete, including most of the expansion's quests. *Please note that PoP was skipped and is by no means complete or even playable in this release!* The next release branch will carry the PoP name and then on to LDoN and so forth.

Tons of great things in this release including hundreds of new quests and bug fixes, a pretty complete Vex Thal, all Epic 1.0 quests except Berserker, Beastlord, and a partially complete Paladin, PoK fully working including a good amount of its quests, several overhauled or newly popped zones, and countless tweaks, additions, etc. You will also find most of the zones the 0.6.2 client supports are popped, some with basic loot and faction. However, aside from Luclin and below, Ykesha, and PoK, none of those zones have even been looked at, so they are probably unplayable.

Here is the link for the database: http://downloads.sourceforge.net/peq...se_mirror=osdn
And the quests: http://downloads.sourceforge.net/eqe...se_mirror=osdn

I'll be updating the main ProjectEQ page with the links as I find time.

Installation is the same as the previous releases. Please report any unreported bugs on the ProjectEQ forums at: http://www.projecteq.net/phpBB2/ If you need your forum account activated until we get our anti-spam system up you may PM me on these forums.

Have fun!
Old 11-12-2007, 03:45 AM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

The PEQ Ykesha final release is now available for download from here:
http://downloads.sourceforge.net/peq...se_mirror=osdn

Quests can be had here:
http://downloads.sourceforge.net/eqe...se_mirror=osdn

A brief overview of this release includes:

-A more complete Ykesha including a finished Torgiran Mines and Hate's Fury
-Angelox's Gloomingdeep, Hallowshade wars, and Kithicor/Lake Rathe day/night cycles
-Addition of the Berserker epic
-Several overhauled tradeskills
-A fully working Shadowrest
-Many new quests
-Hundreds of the normal bug fixes for all expansions
-And last but certainly not least tiers 1 - 3 of PoP fully playable with the flagging/progession system in place and events/trials.

Additional files will be needed for Lake Rathe and Kithicor to work properly. Once I get those sorted out, I will link them as well.

Our next release will carry the PoP-Ykesha name, expect that after Elemental/Time are in and tested by the players on Grand Creation.
Old 11-12-2007, 10:38 AM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

Here's an explanation on how to get the day and night to shift - I'll post a Linux and a Windows script/example.
First, what happens;
I made a variable in quest_globals table called "shifter" - shifter will have 24 values and will change every EQ hour, starting with "8" (8:00 am).
How to make this variable change by the EQ hour?
With a script, that runs outside the emulator I called "shifts". Call shifts from your startup script, example;
Code:
#!/bin/sh

wine MiniLogin.exe > logs/MiniLogin.log &
P=`pwd` 
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH="$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:$P"
#make sure we have a place to log
mkdir -p logs 2>&1 > /dev/null 

#boot up world
if [ ! -e .lock-world ] ; then 
	    touch .lock-world 
	    ./world & 
	    # wait for shared memory to load
	    sleep 20 
fi 
#start up the official launcher
if [ ! -e .lock-launcher ]; then
	    touch .lock-launcher
	    ./shifts &
	    ./eqlaunch zones &
fi
Attached to this post is a package; time.tar.gz
install the time directory in your /server directory (/eqemu/server/time), with the sql files. shifts goes in /eqemu/server.
If you downloaded the latest PEQ, then it will all work.
the "shifts" script is for Linux - my next post here will be a windows/version script.
This will work fine, I've used it with no problems on my server, and now its running flawless with PEQ.

EDIT:
Actually no need to make a windows batch, just add this line to your startup.bat file;
Quote:
start perl.exe shifts.pl
rename shifts to shifts.pl and you will have to edit shifts and change the time/*.sql to time\*.sql (or maybe perl will know )

Last edited by Angelox; 11-12-2007 at 06:45 PM..
Old 11-12-2007, 11:45 AM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

You will need to run this into your database also:
Code:
INSERT INTO quest_globals
   (`charid`, `npcid`, `zoneid`, `name`, `value`)
VALUES
   (0, 0, 0, 'shifter', '1');

VALUES
   (0, 0, 20, 'kith', '1');

VALUES
   (0, 0, 51, 'lrathe', '1');
Old 11-12-2007, 01:15 PM
John Adams
Demi-God

Nice work on the DB and quests, guys. PEQ is my favorite DB.

That night/day shift thing looks awfully complex. There really is no provision in the emulator to handle it internally? I know I could never get it to work, but I thought it was my lack of understanding.
Old 11-12-2007, 11:12 PM
sdabbs65
Dragon

Default Why the day/night cycle don't work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Adams View Post
Nice work on the DB and quests, guys. PEQ is my favorite DB.

That night/day shift thing looks awfully complex. There really is no provision in the emulator to handle it internally? I know I could never get it to work, but I thought it was my lack of understanding.
I been watching this thing for a while now but nobody ever mentions it's for a
*nix Build I guess they just think everyone runs *nix these days.
the Day Night cycle is designed as a *unix script but you can easy use it for windows also.
theres a program called crontab that lets it work for windows.
CRONw is a small collection of Perlie things providing the main functions of a *nix-style CRON to the Perl-enabled Windows world.
It runs as a system service without any additional tools, using the functionality provided by Win32:aemon
http://cronw.sourceforge.net/

www.cheaterz.info
Old 11-12-2007, 11:49 PM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

Actually, I first made it as a .bat file for windows-when it was just two lines intended for the day/night mobs in Rathe a Kithicor.
Maybe someone will make a script in C and we'll have it in the source. the SQLs I made for npc_types and spawn conditions, will always be needed regardless what is done. Something like a new variable called $time would be nice. (if $time >=800 and <=1900, then it would be day time, or you could say , if $time==1936 , you could spawn some mob and start something )- $time would just return the current EqEmu time.
I just like to make things work "now", and will do anyway I know how to. It's all working nicely with no problems, so why not?
Seems to me Perl is underestimated in EqEmu. Just thought of as a "quest" tool , when you can do so much more. When I want to do something different, first thing I start thinking of is "Perl" solutions, probably because I haven't learned much in C yet.

Last edited by Angelox; 11-13-2007 at 07:56 AM..
Old 11-14-2007, 02:41 AM
Zandig
Hill Giant

I don't believe this version is on the CVS?

It seems the last time the CVS was updated was 24 October.

Is the CVS not being updated?

Anyhow, thanks for the database! Much appreciated.
Old 11-14-2007, 03:02 AM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

I've been lazy, I'll get to updating it today.
Old 11-14-2007, 03:22 AM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

Oh, I also forgot to mention the release includes the newest 13th floor item database, as well as the village of Gukta in Rathe Mountains fully working.

CVS is updating now, give it some time before grabbing it.
Old 11-15-2007, 02:04 AM
Zandig
Hill Giant

Thanks Cavedude.

Finally a new/upated 13th floor items!!
Old 11-16-2007, 01:59 AM
sdabbs65
Dragon

Default ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zandig View Post
Thanks Cavedude.

Finally a new/upated 13th floor items!!
You can update your Items every week.
it's not that hard to do.
I don't think it's really an update tho since they keep reuseing the same icons
and just giving them different names, like a leaf turns into a brownie leaf... pfff thats the big guy for ya.
13th floor website is http://eqitems.13th-floor.org/

www.cheaterz.info
Old 11-16-2007, 02:22 AM
Zandig
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdabbs65 View Post
You can update your Items every week.
it's not that hard to do.
Is there a new/updated/working perl script to do this that I missed?
Old 11-16-2007, 02:54 AM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

No. We just created the new columns 13th floor needed, and then tweaked the items as the bug reports came in from TGC. A freshly converted 13th floor dump will not work with EQEmu as they don't use a stackable table, and somewhere along the line Sony changed the bitmask for the ammo slot so that had to be changed back to the old for ammo items to work. There were also a few other tweaks I had to make, but they are in my sql at home. It wasn't all that hard, I am just lucky to have a server with enough players on it to find the bugs quickly.

But for the most part, sdabbs65 is correct. Once you get the initial conversion done, and get a sql with updates made it isn't all that hard to keep up with their updates. This last one was a pain due to the fact that an update hadn't been done in a while, so many new columns where made and almost 10k new items came down.

Last edited by cavedude; 11-16-2007 at 10:59 AM..
Old 11-19-2007, 12:04 PM
John Adams
Demi-God

Gosh, I wish I could brag about having something to do with this, but I hadn't touched items since June.

I'm also finding that equipping my toon with some of the newer fancy items, I am crashing my zones a lot more than before. Maybe I am just_that_oobar?