Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 08-28-2008, 05:52 PM
popcan
Fire Beetle

Default Won't Start Everquest

My problem is quite simple.
I have done all the needed steps to play the game(twice)
but when i click my eqgame shortcut it all goes wrong. My screnn starts to go black just like it would when opening anygame and then it stops leaving me with about 3/4 of black on my screen. Right away a message "eqgame.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." pops up and gives me no further info. If u know what is causeing this please help.
Old 08-28-2008, 06:03 PM
So_1337
Dragon

Try right clicking the shortcut and going to Properties, then the compatibility tab. Try running the game under compatibility mode for Windows 98 (if you're running XP) or Windows XP (if you're running Vista).
Old 08-28-2008, 06:12 PM
clalrona
Fire Beetle

If that doesn't work, navigate to your Everquest directory and double-click the OptionsEditor.exe icon. Change the screen resolution to 640x480. I had to do this with my original install, then once in game, change the resolution to what you want it to be by going to the options.
Old 08-29-2008, 04:43 AM
samseria
Fire Beetle

Question

i am having a similar problem except all the screen does is stay black. i am able to navigate other programs but eq freezes. i tried doing the compatibility and resolution change but nothing worked. any other advice please?
Old 11-24-2008, 11:13 PM
riff
Fire Beetle

i can get to server screen but once when i click connect it just goes black

i have to Ctrl Alt Delete to end it..

and it says Not responding..

running windows XP
Old 11-26-2008, 04:58 AM
trevius
Developer

If you are running an illegal copy of EQ, or the wrong version, that will happen. It must be a legal copy of EQ Titanium. Nothing else will work.
Old 11-26-2008, 09:22 PM
Furinex
Hill Giant

If all else fails... try this...

Navigate to your EQ Directory, Locate the eqclient.ini file, Delete it. When you restart EQ, it will auto-create a new eqclient.ini file and you can click options before you log in to set up your basic graphic settings, and ingame you can set up some more of the advanced ones. At the very least this will allow you to open your EQ game.
Old 12-24-2008, 02:41 PM
General_Jah
Fire Beetle

Question

I have this exact same problem. Nothing has worked except checking 640x480 on my shortcut. It will load but when it comes time to create a character I only see part of the screen. If I do not check the 640x480 EQ will not load up period. I get the eqgame.exe error at desktop.

I am running
Windows XP
1900x1200 screen resolution for desktop
geforce 8800 GTX

Any advice would be appreciated, thanks
Old 12-24-2008, 03:48 PM
trevius
Developer

Try messing with your desktop and EQ resolutions. Also, make sure the run the EQ config setting stuff again, because it has to identify your video card again if you update drivers or anything. You need to exit EQ completely and restart it for any changes to take effect.

Also, you might want to make sure you aren't having a Dual Core CPU issue. The fAQ in my sig has some common solutions.