EQEmulator Forums

EQEmulator Forums (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/index.php)
-   General::Server Discussion (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=601)
-   -   The Hidden Forest server (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=29264)

Lillu 08-17-2009 05:40 PM

The Hidden Forest server

We never had an official adverisement, so please let me make a short one.

The Hidden Forest - Custom/Legit server
Server portal: http://www.thehiddenforest.eu/

Currently we have the following to offer - growing daily:

Server features
:: 3x exp/3xAAexp
:: Custom server code
:: Custom zones and progression up to lvl 70 +
:: 2000+ custom items
:: 100+ custom tasks/quests for unique rewards
:: Custom Adventure system - 32 custom instances
:: Adventure sytem LEADERBOARD
:: Alternate custom (lvl 1-70) progression line with 1x exp
:: Custom global models/illusions
:: Instanced Raid Zones
:: Artifacts
:: Unique ACHIEVEMT SYSTEM
:: Custom "small" group content
:: Custom scripts
:: Custom server lore
:: Custom player pets to match melee power of PC and NPC
:: Custom Raid zones - Tier 1-6
:: 200+ custom Spells
:: 150+ custom tradeskill recipes
:: Custom Epic 1.5 quest - Ancient Weapon
:: Custom Epic 2.0 quest - Ancient Frozen Weapon
:: Custom Epic 2.5 quest - Unique Weapon augment
:: Class balancing!
:: SoF enabled
:: No account limit
:: Unlimited BoTs (1 summonable)
:: Active and friendly community
:: Customized and optimized web based tools: Alla clone, Magelo, Who is online?, Stuck char mover
:: REAL GM support

:: Dedicated x3200 M2 Xeon X3320 2.5 GHz Quad-core server
120/10 Mbit/s Fiber Optic Internet connection

For more details, guides and walkthroughs, check out our portal:
.:: www.thehiddenforest.org ::.

tandcemerson 08-17-2009 07:05 PM

I've played on a number of servers - most of the now "green server" population and this one ranks high in my opinion. I was suprised to find it before beta was over hiding near the bottom of the list, but now it is even better! Our guild is now actively farming all the tier 2 content and looking forward to the challenge of tier 3!

The server is located in Hungary, so I can't say personally how it may be for players in the USA, but I've heard our American guild members comment that it is great!

The owners/GMs are very active and constantly tweaking and refining. They also value player feedback highly.

Thanks for an awesome server Lillu/Tyler/Striat!

-Jerant/Hans

Jeido 08-17-2009 09:55 PM

Definitely a great server and Lillu/Tyler have both put a lot of time and effort into making it what it is today. Theirs never a dull moment tbh, just because theirs so much to do! Raids are highly competitive, challenging, and also enjoyable. The same can be said for group content.

Also, I play from the US (East Coast) and have no issues with lag, nor do other players in our guild who play on the West Coast. It's a great server and I have no complaints. The best part is that the devs really listen to player advice :)

supahsen 08-18-2009 03:44 AM

My personal favorite server. Not too easy. Not too hard. It's all around well rounded. Plenty to keep you busy.. Just needs more new players!! Best server out tehre imo. Even if you can only play one toon at a time. Just needs more population to keep everything competitive and fun!

--Tekno

talra 08-18-2009 05:20 AM

As others have said, server is really great and has alot to offer in creative customizations imo. and is always growing. i also play from the USA on Dialup and have no issues (barring thunder storms :-P).

i highly recommend playing on this server. been playing here since may and havent really looked at another server and have played on a few other different ones.

Raids are challenging but not impossible. loot is really balanced. and anyone can level from 1 to 70 with ease of custom zones with the unique content. upgrade paths are spot on imo.

Mazzic

tnance1337 08-18-2009 02:20 PM

Honestly, the most enjoyable server I've played on to date. There is too much to say about this server. Spectacular GM staff. Very fair and open-minded, with good dedication to their server. The population of the server is also mostly a mature group of players, who enjoy a challenge.

The server offers a large variety of custom content, including zones, quests, long epic journeys, and tons of custom loot options through group content and raid content. Probably the most expansive amount of very well balanced raid content I've seen to date, including key and flag progression with a tiered system that mirrors some live content from back in the good days of velious and luclin.

I currently lead the second best guild named Progeny(in terms of raid progression, nearly 50% through with tier 2 out of 3 tiers, but number one guild in terms of awesome players =D) and we're in need of more capable players to continue progression. We're running open recruitment for all players who achieve 65+ with some exceptions. Gear and flags, including epics will come with joining. We run a dkp system, with our own dkp site and forum. Raid days are M-F around 10:30pm central time to 1:30am central time, roughly. Come join the fun, and we'll show you why we started on THF and haven't looked back! Contact Tankzor, Mazzic, or Hyperion (or any other Progeny members) in game about joining!

SupaFreak76 08-18-2009 04:28 PM

Lillu has done a perfect job on this server. The players there are a good bunch for the most part and the content is amazing!

Snow

SupaFreak76 08-18-2009 11:39 PM

I wanted to add something to this, that know me. I was banned not for cheating on this server, but b/c i was flaming on the boards and had some RL probs at the time. I don't think I will be returning to the server as I feel I caused more problems than helped.

The server is beyond 99% of the servers out there. I want to thank Tyler and Lillu for their hard work, and formally apologize for the grief I caused during a volatile situation.

Good Luck On the future of your server as i am sure it's going to be on thats around forever and continue to grow in positive ways.

Snow

Galdwin 08-19-2009 05:03 AM

Just come & try The hidden Forest server!
Make your own opinion through custom zones - quick levelling phase to 70 then join/create guilds for raid content & challenge or enjoy large group content.

I stopped there and will not leave, this server is a blast!

PS: bring your friends with you!

Loly.

Ansley1 08-19-2009 08:00 PM

I like custom servers like this when they first open but after they are out awhile there becomes fewer to no lower leveled players to group with and soloing w/o multi boxing becomes very hard.

Nagus69 08-20-2009 05:47 AM

Yes you are right - most people just make twinks or alts to hand down loot. Although most items here are nodrop. The latest zone i designed now has zome droppable loot again to make twinking easier and maybe someone starts out some more alts so you have more people to group with.

Generally speaking i wanted to add that as a feature - every guild that has 10+ members can get a (private) subforum and their own dkp site for free. You must be able to kill epic 1.5 mobs as only requirement.

tandcemerson 08-22-2009 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ansley1 (Post 177039)
I like custom servers like this when they first open but after they are out awhile there becomes fewer to no lower leveled players to group with and soloing w/o multi boxing becomes very hard.

I solo'd 1-70 on my first character fairly easily. Granted he was a ranger - I can't imagine trying to solo as say ... a cleric, but still very doable.

SupaFreak76 08-23-2009 06:17 PM

One thing I have to stress is the amount of testing lillu and tyler put into zones and quests before they go live, I can't recall one event going live that was out of whack! Kudos guys!

Falkoz 08-27-2009 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tandcemerson (Post 177153)
I solo'd 1-70 on my first character fairly easily. Granted he was a ranger - I can't imagine trying to solo as say ... a cleric, but still very doable.

with the one bot its definitely doable...just time consuming.

Great server, about to ding to 70 in the next half hour

Jeido 09-18-2009 05:09 PM

PoFire was just added as a tier 4 group/raid zone, and with it another version of the servers custom charm! The zone is really a great opportunity for new members of the server, because theirs trade-skillable +300HP armor that can be obtained off of group encounters. These items are the equivalent of tier 1 raid loots so they're not bad at all!

Galdwin 09-29-2009 08:52 AM

THF is a blast

Just a bump to let you know that:
  • THF has now a nember Admin team member who completes the team.
  • THF has now a third guild which will be raiding soon.
  • We reached 50+ connected accounts recently.
  • Latest raid zone news: PoF encounters are designed with scripts which are really good.
  • Tradeskillers will love THF.

Definitly, happyness is there, come & join THF if you are looking for an excellent PVE custom server!

Loly, Wizard, < Evolution >.

Xecuter 10-19-2009 10:16 PM

I've been at The Hidden Forrest since The first of July 09. I immediatly like the server, and the population was quite friendly. I think what did it the most for me was the difficulty. I came from storm haven which is a really nice server, it just didn't seem like its terribly hard to level.

The Hidden forest has a ton of new quests and zones and continues to develope content for their expanding player base. The devs are friendly, helpful and willing to take into account their own goals for the server but the overall consensus of the population when they make decisions pertaining the the server. Every time i've had a problem with an item, npc, zone they have been quick to respond on their forums and help resolve any issues within thier power.

Lately they reached Green status and i'm proud to have been here since they were hiding down at the bottom of the list, ( i often wonder if thats where they got "hidden" from).

Anyways, the player base is amazing. The devs rock, and there is a ton of custom quests, zones, tradeskills to go around. They have a working magelo & allaclone with a fancy design also.

You definatly should check them out!

tandcemerson 10-23-2009 07:04 PM

To update:

We've recently added some special Halloween events for all to enjoy and partake in.

Quote:

Halloween is upon us and the festivities are in full swing from now until November 8th.

* There is a higher xp rate for all those to level up with - 5x
* Check for new seasonal NPC's and quests in The Hidden Forest zone
* A special secret raid encounter

Come join us for this limited time celebration!
Also, Jeido posted about tier 4 being added, but we also have rolled out epic 2.5's not too long ago and added some unique donator items usable at level 1.

Coming very soon (within the next month as a guess) we also have LDoN adventures along with their own leaderboard tracker and an achievements system where you can compare your achievements alongside others through the magelo page.

So come on out and join us for fun, tricks, and candy this Halloween!

Jeido 10-23-2009 07:20 PM

As Jerant said, the Halloween event is out today but he's being modest! He was one of the ones who helped make the quests for it, and the server excitement has really gone up since the quests were released. There are numerous event npc's in the starter zone, and there are some quests too that involve killing around norrath, collecting items for rewards.

Also, there's an illusion NPC for the event in the starter zone, which is always fun :)

Personally, I have my eye on the new level 85 orc that they popped into Crushbone for this event... I've always wanted to raid CB and now I have that chance! I definitely recommend at least stopping by and messing around with the event npc's, they add even more to a server that already has fully customized content/items.

tnance1337 10-23-2009 09:54 PM

Best. Server. Ever.

tandcemerson 10-24-2009 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeido (Post 180440)
As Jerant said, the Halloween event is out today but he's being modest!

That wasn't modesty, that was, "It's 2am and I want to go to sleep" :P

Lillu 11-06-2009 07:31 PM

Our Halloween event and 5x exp will end on the 8th of Nov, so here is a brief update what we have now and what will come.

I extended and will keep updated our server information page: here. As always, more details, guides, walkthroughs on our portal. We have a mass amount of quality customization now, and the list is getting extended daily.

It's a good time to join our ranks, since there will be lots of new and unique content updates in the upcoming weeks. Just to list the major ones:
Custom adventure system with 32 custom adventure zone (normal and hard for assassination/slaughter/rescue/collection adventures).

Adventure system leaderboard
(will go live with the adventure system. for now it has only test related data, but you can get a feel how it will look like)
Click!

Unique Achievement system!
(beta)
http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/4382/ach1.jpg

Tier 5 raid progression zone.

More custom code and rev update to stay up to date.

And last but not least..(as always) sorry for my English and typos ;)

harney4 11-07-2009 11:26 AM

After having played on the server for 10-15 hours now I wanted to go ahead and make a post about it on the forums here.

Most of you know me as Harney, Skeeb, Zhak, Podge etc. I've been around the eqemulator community since 2003ish ( my best guess ). I've played on Guildwars, KMRA, VZ/TZ, Winters Roar ( now Shards of Dalaya ), EZ EXP, Zarn Barn, 5 times and countless other servers that have come and gone over the years.

The Hidden Forest is a legit, fast paced (3-5x exp from what I can gather ) customized PvE server, it reminds me a lot of Winter's Roar. The server is extremely polished, the starter zone / hub zone is very thorough and has pretty much everything you'd want in such a zone.

Leveling goes to 70 and then AA's from there. I currently have 4 boxes at levels 55-56 and have enjoyed the leveling here quite a bit, there are quests / tasks in every customized leveling zone, and access to said zones from the teleporter in the hub zone. The grind that you normally experience on most emu servers definitely does not feel like a grind here, I've stayed in most zones even after I'm done with the exp for the items / clickies that are obtainable to gear all of my toons.

From what I've gathered on their forums and seen in game, they already have 4 raid tiers to progress through once you reach the end game and at least 2 raiding guilds currently.

The box is very stable, I've had no problems with server lag or connection issues, and I'm in Japan currently so that says quite a bit.

This servers population is going to grow immensely once the word gets out about it and people start making toons here. I really cannot stop saying good things about it, with having been around emu for so long, it's almost become the rule and not the exception to complain about how broken most of the servers are, my only complaint so far with this one is the lack of playtime I have.

If you're looking for a solid PvE server, I strongly suggest giving this one a try.

Look me up in game if you need anything

- Harney

Nagus69 11-07-2009 05:27 PM

To give you an idea about the degree of customization:

150+ Custom Tradeskill Recipes (alternative Routes to go to 300 for most TS)
200+ Custom Spells and Focii
1500+ Custom Items (some totally new, most you will recognize with just updated stats)

Bards can charm at lev70, Mages can get a Root spell etc. Whatever you hated most on old EQ is probably a no issue on our Server.

1.5 and 2.0 are brought in line with the current degree of Player/NPC power. Custom clicks and effects are on some of the Epics.

tnance1337 11-08-2009 01:58 PM

Those numbers really don't do THF justice. Albeit, a great indicator of content, but the true glowing aspect of this server is the player-base, quality of content, and the devotion from the design staff, which can not be measured in numbers.

Tyler, Lillu, and Striat are dedicated, knowledgeable, very fair, and very open to their player's ideas. They have turned THF into an adventure. It's an experience that is highly immersive, and addicting. Some of the server's features are just awe-inspiring.

The community is also very dedicated, and some of the server's best qualities come from player ideas, including quests, lore, tradeskill ideas, and our very own beautifully modified and developed Alla clone, Magelo Clone, and other web-based server goodies and tools.

The current content is challenging, unique, and rewarding. The upcoming content is highly anticipated and will more than likely continue, and expand on, that trend. I, personally, can not wait, although I have to. =P

Seriously, I'm amazed at THF. I'm a player, not a content designer. I don't know a damn thing about development, and I can tell that Tyler and Lillu, as well as the rest of the community on THF, have poured a lot of time, and effort, into the server. I love the game this server has created for it's entertainment it has given me. I'm surprised more people have not stepped into the world of The Hidden Forest. Trust me, you'll be glad if you do.

Nagus69 12-15-2009 10:40 AM

Just to let you guys and gals and people looking for a server know what we have been up to:
  • Tier 5 Raid zone opened
  • Complete new alternate Progression line (1x XP)
  • XP mod set to 3 for XP and AXP
  • New custom Player Spells
  • Donator Weapons
  • more custom Tradeskills recipes
  • Custom Global Models, (just tiny txt file to download)
  • Unique web based tools (complete rewritten clone)

Check us out at www.thehiddenforest.eu

Lillu 12-27-2009 06:53 AM

Just a brief update. We have a completly new portal with customized web based tools. Magelo, NPC/TS/Item/Custom spell search, Achievement system, Who is online, etc..
http://clone.thehiddenforest.eu/

Progression raid zones that require a flag are now instanced based on guilds. (instances never expire/no lockout time)

New global models/custom illusions

Custom adventure system will go live in the upcoming day..
- new hub zone for adventures: The Hidden Vale
- 32 custom adventures in (ruj/tak/mir/mmc)
- custom code to improve the adventure system (e.g.: random boss mob locations)
- Adventure system leaderboard

More details soon. :)

ChaosSlayerZ 12-28-2009 11:09 AM

ok Lillu - where did the forum go? =)

Secrets 12-28-2009 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChaosSlayerZ (Post 182082)
ok Lillu - where did the forum go? =)

Rumor has it Tyler broke it~

Lillu 12-28-2009 12:31 PM

http://www.thehiddenforest.eu/

right side, Forum :)

wolfwalkereci 12-30-2009 01:26 AM

New to THF and so far love it. Tend to play on servers till I feel like I have "beaten" most of the content and can easily see myself spending some serious time here.

Lillu 12-31-2009 08:58 AM

http://www.thehiddenforest.org/image...adventures.jpg

Lillu 01-07-2010 04:48 PM

Our new domain and portal is live! You are welcome to check it out: www.thehiddenforest.org

Web based tools are:
  • Ldon leaderboard