Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 08-17-2009, 05:40 PM
Lillu
Hill Giant

Post The Hidden Forest server

We never had an official adverisement, so please let me make a short one.

The Hidden Forest - Custom/Legit server
Server portal: http://www.thehiddenforest.eu/

Currently we have the following to offer - growing daily:

Server features
:: 3x exp/3xAAexp
:: Custom server code
:: Custom zones and progression up to lvl 70 +
:: 2000+ custom items
:: 100+ custom tasks/quests for unique rewards
:: Custom Adventure system - 32 custom instances
:: Adventure sytem LEADERBOARD
:: Alternate custom (lvl 1-70) progression line with 1x exp
:: Custom global models/illusions
:: Instanced Raid Zones
:: Artifacts
:: Unique ACHIEVEMT SYSTEM
:: Custom "small" group content
:: Custom scripts
:: Custom server lore
:: Custom player pets to match melee power of PC and NPC
:: Custom Raid zones - Tier 1-6
:: 200+ custom Spells
:: 150+ custom tradeskill recipes
:: Custom Epic 1.5 quest - Ancient Weapon
:: Custom Epic 2.0 quest - Ancient Frozen Weapon
:: Custom Epic 2.5 quest - Unique Weapon augment
:: Class balancing!
:: SoF enabled
:: No account limit
:: Unlimited BoTs (1 summonable)
:: Active and friendly community
:: Customized and optimized web based tools: Alla clone, Magelo, Who is online?, Stuck char mover
:: REAL GM support

:: Dedicated x3200 M2 Xeon X3320 2.5 GHz Quad-core server
120/10 Mbit/s Fiber Optic Internet connection

For more details, guides and walkthroughs, check out our portal:
.:: www.thehiddenforest.org ::.

Last edited by Secrets; 04-07-2010 at 06:20 AM..
Old 08-17-2009, 07:05 PM
tandcemerson
Sarnak

I've played on a number of servers - most of the now "green server" population and this one ranks high in my opinion. I was suprised to find it before beta was over hiding near the bottom of the list, but now it is even better! Our guild is now actively farming all the tier 2 content and looking forward to the challenge of tier 3!

The server is located in Hungary, so I can't say personally how it may be for players in the USA, but I've heard our American guild members comment that it is great!

The owners/GMs are very active and constantly tweaking and refining. They also value player feedback highly.

Thanks for an awesome server Lillu/Tyler/Striat!

-Jerant/Hans
Old 08-17-2009, 09:55 PM
Jeido
Fire Beetle

Definitely a great server and Lillu/Tyler have both put a lot of time and effort into making it what it is today. Theirs never a dull moment tbh, just because theirs so much to do! Raids are highly competitive, challenging, and also enjoyable. The same can be said for group content.

Also, I play from the US (East Coast) and have no issues with lag, nor do other players in our guild who play on the West Coast. It's a great server and I have no complaints. The best part is that the devs really listen to player advice
Old 08-18-2009, 03:44 AM
supahsen
Sarnak

My personal favorite server. Not too easy. Not too hard. It's all around well rounded. Plenty to keep you busy.. Just needs more new players!! Best server out tehre imo. Even if you can only play one toon at a time. Just needs more population to keep everything competitive and fun!

--Tekno
Old 08-18-2009, 05:20 AM
talra
Fire Beetle

As others have said, server is really great and has alot to offer in creative customizations imo. and is always growing. i also play from the USA on Dialup and have no issues (barring thunder storms :-P).

i highly recommend playing on this server. been playing here since may and havent really looked at another server and have played on a few other different ones.

Raids are challenging but not impossible. loot is really balanced. and anyone can level from 1 to 70 with ease of custom zones with the unique content. upgrade paths are spot on imo.

Mazzic
Old 08-18-2009, 02:20 PM
tnance1337
Fire Beetle

Honestly, the most enjoyable server I've played on to date. There is too much to say about this server. Spectacular GM staff. Very fair and open-minded, with good dedication to their server. The population of the server is also mostly a mature group of players, who enjoy a challenge.

The server offers a large variety of custom content, including zones, quests, long epic journeys, and tons of custom loot options through group content and raid content. Probably the most expansive amount of very well balanced raid content I've seen to date, including key and flag progression with a tiered system that mirrors some live content from back in the good days of velious and luclin.

I currently lead the second best guild named Progeny(in terms of raid progression, nearly 50% through with tier 2 out of 3 tiers, but number one guild in terms of awesome players =D) and we're in need of more capable players to continue progression. We're running open recruitment for all players who achieve 65+ with some exceptions. Gear and flags, including epics will come with joining. We run a dkp system, with our own dkp site and forum. Raid days are M-F around 10:30pm central time to 1:30am central time, roughly. Come join the fun, and we'll show you why we started on THF and haven't looked back! Contact Tankzor, Mazzic, or Hyperion (or any other Progeny members) in game about joining!
Old 08-18-2009, 04:28 PM
SupaFreak76
Fire Beetle

Lillu has done a perfect job on this server. The players there are a good bunch for the most part and the content is amazing!

Snow
Old 08-18-2009, 11:39 PM
SupaFreak76
Fire Beetle

I wanted to add something to this, that know me. I was banned not for cheating on this server, but b/c i was flaming on the boards and had some RL probs at the time. I don't think I will be returning to the server as I feel I caused more problems than helped.

The server is beyond 99% of the servers out there. I want to thank Tyler and Lillu for their hard work, and formally apologize for the grief I caused during a volatile situation.

Good Luck On the future of your server as i am sure it's going to be on thats around forever and continue to grow in positive ways.

Snow
Old 08-19-2009, 05:03 AM
Galdwin
Fire Beetle

Just come & try The hidden Forest server!
Make your own opinion through custom zones - quick levelling phase to 70 then join/create guilds for raid content & challenge or enjoy large group content.

I stopped there and will not leave, this server is a blast!

PS: bring your friends with you!

Loly.
Old 08-19-2009, 08:00 PM
Ansley1
Sarnak

I like custom servers like this when they first open but after they are out awhile there becomes fewer to no lower leveled players to group with and soloing w/o multi boxing becomes very hard.
Old 08-20-2009, 05:47 AM
Nagus69
Sarnak

Yes you are right - most people just make twinks or alts to hand down loot. Although most items here are nodrop. The latest zone i designed now has zome droppable loot again to make twinking easier and maybe someone starts out some more alts so you have more people to group with.

Generally speaking i wanted to add that as a feature - every guild that has 10+ members can get a (private) subforum and their own dkp site for free. You must be able to kill epic 1.5 mobs as only requirement.
Old 08-22-2009, 07:01 AM
tandcemerson
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ansley1 View Post
I like custom servers like this when they first open but after they are out awhile there becomes fewer to no lower leveled players to group with and soloing w/o multi boxing becomes very hard.
I solo'd 1-70 on my first character fairly easily. Granted he was a ranger - I can't imagine trying to solo as say ... a cleric, but still very doable.
Old 08-23-2009, 06:17 PM
SupaFreak76
Fire Beetle

Smile

One thing I have to stress is the amount of testing lillu and tyler put into zones and quests before they go live, I can't recall one event going live that was out of whack! Kudos guys!
Old 08-27-2009, 06:30 PM
Falkoz
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by tandcemerson View Post
I solo'd 1-70 on my first character fairly easily. Granted he was a ranger - I can't imagine trying to solo as say ... a cleric, but still very doable.
with the one bot its definitely doable...just time consuming.

Great server, about to ding to 70 in the next half hour
Old 09-18-2009, 05:09 PM
Jeido
Fire Beetle

PoFire was just added as a tier 4 group/raid zone, and with it another version of the servers custom charm! The zone is really a great opportunity for new members of the server, because theirs trade-skillable +300HP armor that can be obtained off of group encounters. These items are the equivalent of tier 1 raid loots so they're not bad at all!