EQEmulator Forums

EQEmulator Forums (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/index.php)
-   General::Server Discussion (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=601)
-   -   The Hidden Forest server (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=29264)

wolfwalkereci 03-25-2010 09:03 AM

Still a great server, wish I had more play time then I currently do.
RE: Donator weapons/items. Yes they are nice, Yes they have cool effects, No they are not required to "beat" the game. It really only helps on the low side.
Now there are some people out there that have gone overboard but we can thank them for paying the server bill for half a year (Yes I am talking about the guy that has something like 25 pieces of donator gear on a single character. Thanks for supporting the server!)

BuzWeaver 04-06-2010 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lillu (Post 176881)
We never had an official adverisement, so please let me make a short one.

The Hidden Forest - Custom/Legit server
Server portal: http://www.thehiddenforest.eu/

Currently we have the following to offer - growing daily:
3x exp/3xAAexp
Custom zones up to lvl 70 +
Fully custom itemization
Solo/Group/Raid content
Custom NPCs
Custom tasks/quests for custom rewards (20+)
Custom "small" group content
Custom player pets to match melee power of PC and NPC
Custom Raid zones (raid and progression zones, Tier1-2-3)
Custom/Normal Tradeskill recipes
Custom Epic 1.5 quest - Ancient Weapon
Custom Epic 2.0 quest - Ancient Frozen Weapon
Class balancing
Artifacts
No account limit per IP
Unlimited BoTs (1 summonable)
Up to date server rev/custom code
GM support and events

Server configuration: (dedicated to THF)
IBM x3200 M2
4368-K3G System x3200 M2 1 x Xeon X3320 2.5 GHz Quad-core/1333 MHz/6 MB L2 Cache/95W
GB Eth., 2 x 250GB Simple-swap SATA HDD, Multiburner, 400W fixed pws, 3 yr warranty
IBM 4GB (4x1GB) PC2-5300 CL5 ECC DDR2 Chipkill FB-DIMM 667MHz

So what does this mean, LOL? How do you go about Summoning a BOT? Are you able buy custom items that are placed on the NPC's Merchant List? I'm kind of wondering how this all works.

ChaosSlayerZ 04-06-2010 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuzWeaver (Post 186207)
So what does this mean, LOL? How do you go about Summoning a BOT? Are you able buy custom items that are placed on the NPC's Merchant List? I'm kind of wondering how this all works.

there is an extensive guide on how to control the bots on our site.
The custom items are not vendor sold. There is some starting gear on the vendors you can get, but good things have to be earned.

Lillu 04-07-2010 05:19 AM

Also, since I can't update the first post made here, make sure to check out the up to date server features: here or our official portal: here. We have 8 months of (daily) customization since the original post made here. :)

Secrets 04-07-2010 06:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lillu (Post 186211)
Also, since I can't update the first post made here, make sure to check out the up to date server features: here or our official portal: here. We have 8 months of (daily) customization since the original post made here. :)

I updated your topic with the latest information on the server on the first post.

If there's any formatting you want let me know.

BuzWeaver 04-07-2010 06:34 AM

I appreciate the responses. I'm looking forward to checking the server out.

Wzang 04-07-2010 09:36 AM

Can you help explain solo content? Meaning you have an end game content that is on a tier level... Solo (Tier 1), Group (Tier 2), Raid (Tier 3)?

Thanks in advance

Lillu 04-07-2010 10:08 AM

Thanks a lot Secrets, you rock! :)

Wzang, you can solo on THF (with a bot) pretty much up to lvl 70, then you have the option to obtain raid level gear via ldon adventures. If you want to find out more, you are welcome to check out our forums. Lots of guides are available there along with a friendly community to answer all your questions.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wzang (Post 186214)
Can you help explain solo content? Meaning you have an end game content that is on a tier level... Solo (Tier 1), Group (Tier 2), Raid (Tier 3)?

Thanks in advance

Pyronasty 04-08-2010 06:14 AM

Hey there ! Greetings from the newest GM/Developer on THF :) As an update, I just wanted to add in there that we now have the following content added to the server:

Old school bosses brought back to life ! Fippy Darkpaw has risen in power and now sports some powerful loot, as do his buddies all across Norrath and the plains. Multiple tiers of difficulty on these new world bosses offers extended difficulties of content, as well as adding onto the current difficulties.

The other item we now offer that Ive brought with me to the team are GM events of literally *massive* proportions. The following picture was snuck by some insane photographer. I hope he made it out alive !

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y27...ost/Event1.png

Well over one *hundred* players participated in this event, and they can't wait for the next one :)

Well, thats it for now ! More to come soon as development picks up speed :)

ChaosSlayerZ 04-12-2010 11:42 AM

THF likes to offer some new UBER looking pets for mages and necros! :grin:

NEW Mage Epic pets:

Epic 1.5
http://www.thehiddenforest.org/images/magepet01.jpg

Epic 2.0
http://www.thehiddenforest.org/images/magepet02.jpg

Nagus69 05-19-2010 06:16 AM

Im happy to be able to announce that the Hidden Forest Server now officially supports the SoD client.

Come and check out how its done HERE at our Portal.

Since we update almost daily its too much to post what changed since the last time we updated our post here.
So i encourage you to check out our portal and see for yourself ;)

bufferofnewbies 05-23-2010 07:53 PM

I feel sad for not playing on this when it first came out now. Think I will have to make up a character to see what it is all about. If Zhak says it is good, it has to be. He may have an ego, but the guy knows his PvE! :)

Only choice to make now: mage or paladin to start... :cool:

Nagus69 05-26-2010 05:37 AM

Make a Mage and a Paladin as Bot ;)

You can gear up both, the Mage has a nice DS on his 1.0 on our server. (never liked the idea of having a lev50 pet eat up noob zones). Also much better pets (to match custom melee weapons). 1.5 and 2.0 even have new custom visuals (scroll up ;))

wolfwalkereci 05-29-2010 01:32 PM

buffer its a great server man, you friendly monk had fun there but doesnt have time atm to play on it.

Nagus69 05-30-2010 02:36 PM

Today we are excited to celebrate our 1st anniversary.

Alot has happened during the last year. We invite you to celebrate this with us and offer a week of double XP (and AXP). Level 70's or people who gain this level during the week get some extra gift in our Hubzone. 3 Special Mobs Vlad, Vlar and Vlan (well known to the senior players of THF ;)) are around this week to offer some extra challenge for the seasoned raiders.

Come check the full details and an interesting read of statistics at our forum, found at www.thehiddenforest.org