Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 10-05-2008, 07:23 PM
bigsol81
Fire Beetle

Default Getting a login server account

I have my server set up, and since I'm not seeing any error logs in the /logs directory, I'm assuming it's running correctly so far. However, my server does not show up on the list of available servers to connect to.

I followed the instructions on how to set up an account so my server shows up on the Login Server, but I'm not sure how that's supposed to work.

At one point, it asks for an activation key and provides a link on where to get it, yet the only information I see on this is a seven digit number behind my forum username, which gives me an "Invalid Activation Key" error if I try to use it as the activation key. Now, it does say that it isn't currently needed on that page, but the date on that information is over two years old, so I'm wondering if it's changed.

What am I doing wrong, here?
Old 10-05-2008, 07:37 PM
trevius
Developer

Post your config file and make sure to remove the passwords first!

You don't need to register servers or configure it to login to the login server anymore. That is an old system that isn't used anymore. Now, it just automatically puts your server on the list when you connect to it. I think the FAQ in my sig might mention some more info about that.
Old 10-05-2008, 08:40 PM
bigsol81
Fire Beetle

I see. I'm in now, and I can log in and whatnot, but I have a new issue now.

I was able to move just fine at first, but upon walking into the bank in Halas, I suddenly floated into the air and am now stuck hovering, unable to move. I'm not sure what other .sql files I need as your FAQ mentions. I downloaded the database from ProjectEQ.

I'm going to try dropping the database and rebuilding it from scratch.
Old 10-05-2008, 08:46 PM
trevius
Developer

My FAQ is talking about the required SQL that needs to be updated when the server code is updated. You can check the change logs in the download page and make sure you have at least the last few months worth of required SQL added that are noted in the change logs.
Old 10-05-2008, 08:50 PM
bigsol81
Fire Beetle

Those have to be added to my database, I take it.

The database I downloaded specifies which version of the emulator it's meant for, so am I correct in assuming that if I source the .sql files between that version and the most recent one, I'll be okay?
Old 10-05-2008, 09:08 PM
bigsol81
Fire Beetle

That's nice.

I put the recommended SQL entries into my database as per the changelog and now my zone server refuses to start...
Old 10-05-2008, 09:17 PM
bigsol81
Fire Beetle

I just checked the logs. They show two major errors:

Error loading NPC from Database. Bad Query: #1054: Unknown Column 'npc_types.ATK' in 'field list'

Then some "Unknown OpCode" errors, and some bitching about not sourcing the ZONECFG.SQL file, which I have no idea where to obtain...
Old 10-05-2008, 09:23 PM
trevius
Developer

Did you update the version to match the changelog you are getting the SQL entries from? You don't want changes from later than the version you are running, they need to match. You should try running 1129 which is the latest official release and just get the required SQL in there to make it all work.
Old 10-05-2008, 09:28 PM
bigsol81
Fire Beetle

Aw, crap!

Okay, so wait....

I currently have Version 1129 running on my server. The database I downloaded says it's for "Emu Version 1061+"

I tried to source every SQL change from 1062 all the way up to 1129. I wasn't supposed to do that?

So, just gimmie in a nutshell what I do.

1. Drop my current database.
2. Source in PEQ's 'complete' database files, located here under "Release: Final".
3. Add ONLY the SQL changes noted as necessary in 1129.

Correct?
Old 10-05-2008, 09:44 PM
trevius
Developer

No, you need all of the versions from whatever version it is that your database was made for on up to the version you are currently running. So, if the database was for 1061, then you would need everything from 1062 to 1129. But, make sure you don't miss any as some are harder to find than others.
Old 10-05-2008, 11:14 PM
bigsol81
Fire Beetle

Hmm. That's what I did, and the zone server won't load, giving me the errors I described. I'll give it another shot later. Hopefully it'll work.
Old 10-06-2008, 06:09 AM
bigsol81
Fire Beetle

Everything appears to be working now.

I dropped the database and started from scratch. Curiously, while I was adding in those SQL lines, I received some errors about already-existant tables. I went ahead and ignored them and everything seems to work okay now.

Of course, all I did was log in and run around, kill a few mobs, bank some items...haven't tried quests or anything else yet.