Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Development

Development::Development Forum for development topics and for those interested in EQEMu development. (Not a support forum)

Old 06-16-2006, 10:42 AM
Coleshadowblades
Fire Beetle

Default PRecompiled Binaries for Windows for use with MYSQL 5

Ok here is the Binaries compiled for MYSQL5

http://acashyasrealm.no-ip.org:90/EQ...801-MYSQL5.zip
Old 06-16-2006, 07:08 PM
Coleshadowblades
Fire Beetle

ok dont download those seems i broke the quests Im working on a few crash issues and will have new binaries there shortly
Old 06-16-2006, 07:57 PM
Gameross
Fire Beetle

I guess the big question is why? Is there some real benefit?
Old 06-16-2006, 09:50 PM
Coleshadowblades
Fire Beetle

you mean aside from a very prodound increase in speed and stability over mysql4?
Old 06-16-2006, 10:24 PM
gottasummer
Discordant

This is useful to some who use mysql 5.

I used it on my windows server before i switched everything back over to linux... which my eq server still is not at a point where i can get it to run stabily on linux

But... as I have said... MySQL 5 is another option, its the newer version of MySQL... I am not ready to upgrade, but if you have already done so, this will help you out.
Old 06-16-2006, 10:27 PM
Gameross
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coleshadowblades
you mean aside from a very prodound increase in speed and stability over mysql4?
Are people having stability issues or even speed issues because of mysql4? Hadn't read anything about either issue.

In case ya can't tell, I come from the grass isn't always greener school of computers. Remember Windows ME!

Either case, you should be working with developers to impliment this change and not doing your own thing and splintering Emu developement. Just seems to make sense.

Last edited by Gameross; 06-17-2006 at 06:31 AM..
Old 06-16-2006, 10:43 PM
Coleshadowblades
Fire Beetle

Excuse me but I unlike MOST am sharing what I have learned with the devs if you paid attention to the changelog the upgrade to enable mysql 5 support IS done by one of the devs they however compile for MYSQL4 which means the default binaries DONT work with mysql 5. now let me put it to you in laymans terms mysql five executes queries far faster then 4 4 is about 2 years or so out of date. zones boot far faster and the emu loads astoundingly fast now. I am not splintering anything. Merely providing WORKING binaries for people who WANT to upgrade to mysql 5 because the devs wont/havent provide/ed them. So kindly refrain from throwing accusations at someone trying to actually be HELPFULL to the community unless you can substantially backup your accusations with something more then conjecture.

now I will be updating that download however it requires 3 changes to the database...

you need to :

Code:
As shown in latest build changelog
ALTER TABLE spawn2 CHANGE `condition` `_condition` MEDIUMINT(8) UNSIGNED NOT
NULL DEFAULT '0'; 

needed edits found durring testing
ALTER TABLE accounts CHANGE `packencrypt` `packencrypt` BLOB NULL;
ALTER TABLE character_ CHANGE `extprofile` `extprofile` BLOB NULL;
(Which you should do ANYWAY when the field isnt being given a value anyway just as a coding standard)

~~~PLEASE NOTE!!!~~~ SPECIAL THANKS TO SESMAR For helping me get the binaries compiled!

I will also be putting the updated source files (Since the devs have yet to take unused file references out of the solution file) so people new to the emu and dont know that the files arent even used but present in the project can compile easily

Last edited by Coleshadowblades; 06-17-2006 at 07:36 AM..
Old 06-16-2006, 10:57 PM
Coleshadowblades
Fire Beetle

Ok so 801 doesnt exactally work on windows so Sesmar and I (Mostly sesmar) Applied the mysql patch provided by Aza and did some tweaking of our own (Sesmar mostly) And came up with a MYSql 5.xx version of the binaries for windows users please note in order for new account and character correctiosn the mysql database edits outlined above must be implemented in order to work...

Here is the binaries

http://acashyasrealm.no-ip.org:90/EQ...800-mysql5.zip

there may be bugs we are still working on this but so far it seems stable and VERY VERY Fast when used with mysql 5.22

THANKS Sesmar for the assistance in the c++

EDIT: Also please backup your database/databases with mysql admin or some other tool before isntalling mysql 5 then import/restore the backup

Last edited by Coleshadowblades; 06-17-2006 at 07:11 AM..
Old 06-17-2006, 01:59 AM
sesmar
I built it I will Support it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gameross
Either case, you should be working with developers to impliment this change and not doing your own thing and splintering Emu developement. Just seems to make sense.
The devs have released the newest version of the emu (0.7.0-801) to be compatable with MySql 5. However, after I downloaded the binaries and upgraded to MySql 5 (since I have been waiting for an offical release for this) I was getting client not compatable errors. Figuring this may have something to do with it the precompiled binaries having been compiled on a machine still using the MySql 4.0.x include and lib files I grabed the source and recomplied it, as it was, with the MySql 5 lib and include files. After doing this the server booted right up for me. Only problem was once I logged in and tried to cast a spell it would crash everytime.

So all I did was grab the 800 version source and made the few minor changes to the source (mostly changing the any reference to condition in sql statements to _condidtion) to make it compatable with MySql 5 as well. I recompiled the server booted it up logged in and it works great. I could not get the Zone to output debug information for some reason so I was unable to see what was causing the crashes. This is something I am working on now.

Last edited by sesmar; 06-17-2006 at 10:14 AM..
Old 06-17-2006, 03:34 AM
aza77
Hill Giant

looks like the problem just appears at windows servers ... i tried 801 with mysql 5.0.20 and 5.0.22 and it works without problems @linux

Last edited by aza77; 06-17-2006 at 11:43 AM..
Old 06-17-2006, 07:10 AM
Coleshadowblades
Fire Beetle

I fail to see how it can be a windows specific error to be honest... Seems alot of the bugs in the code get pawned off as a windows error simply cause noone wants to just plain fix them all around.

See here are a few issues ive noticed...

Dirty code

all the devs aint on the same page with the style of coding to be employed thereby all doing their own thing and this shows in the code

instead of coding to work on both types of syste (windows and linux) The devs seem to only wish to develop based on linux.

Now when ya got people like sesmar (And im learning pretty quick thanks to him) Who do stuff for windows instead of a thank you for getting it working we get accused of splintering the project... Got news for you i prefer linux however im smart enough to know itll NEVER be as used nor popular as windows
Old 06-17-2006, 07:23 AM
gottasummer
Discordant

I can see how it is a precompiled binary specific error.

The MySQL includes and libraries that are in this build must (well, I don't know about must... but SHOULD) be the same as those that are in use on that system.

If I build EQEmu with MySQL version X.XX, the machine I put it on should also run MySQL version X.XX
Old 06-17-2006, 07:27 AM
Coleshadowblades
Fire Beetle

I said WINDOWS specific meaning everyone says "oh thats a windows only error" instead of actually fixing it they pawn it off on windows and just leave it be lol
Old 06-17-2006, 08:33 AM
Coleshadowblades
Fire Beetle

this post is precisly why people dont share their fixes and such with the community... I am removing the binaries can a mod please delete the posts reguarding getting it to work with mysql 5 made by me please?

EDIT the binaries are no longer available for download

Last edited by Coleshadowblades; 06-17-2006 at 04:35 PM.. Reason: update
Old 06-17-2006, 09:41 AM
WildcardX
Developer

I was gonna post the following SQL changes needed for MySQL 5 support, but I see two of the SQL lines are already posted here... Anyway, you need to do the following SQL:

alter table account change packencrypt packencrypt blob NULL;
alter table character_ change extprofile extprofile blob NULL;
alter table player_corpses change data data blob NULL;
alter table player_corpses_backup change data data blob NULL;