Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Bots

Development::Bots Forum for bots.

Closed Thread

Old 08-31-2007, 09:25 AM
sonicvt
Fire Beetle

Mag,

It doesn't appear that frogloks OR berzerker bots will accept armor or weapons of any type. Everytime I try to give them something they say they can't use it.

Also, beastlord bots don't attack, they sit around and cast like mages do but without decent spellpower to back it up. They also don't buff their pet with the spells they have memorized so they don't do much damage at all.
Old 08-31-2007, 08:26 PM
Soulscry
Fire Beetle

Default Woot

Thanks a ton Magoth and cavedude ... got er up n running perfict now ... you guys rockzor!!!!

Im currently lvling n gearing up my bot army ..

Thanks for all the hard work on this... Magoth... You are indeed .. The Man~!
Old 09-01-2007, 09:34 PM
gernblan
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavedude View Post
This is an excellent project, and I can even see a very good use for it in the normal EQ code. One of the biggest problems PEQ has is the players have to multi box to get to the higher content (some players multi box 6 clients at once... how they do it is my question) This code could help with that problem a bit. I have a couple of questions though.

1. Could you tie this system into the rules system so the server op can control how many bots a player can have at once? By level (1-15, 16-35, 36-55, 56-75, just examples) would be wonderful.

2. Could you diff your changes so they can be integrated into the ever changing EQEmu code easily?

Great work, I am impressed with how fast this project became a reality.
I could not agree more, and I believe that this is TOO good not to be folded into the regular emu source as an optional feature on live servers.
Jest 4 Server
Linux (Jest3 runs on Fedora, our Dev servers usually run on Ubuntu and/or Gentoo), OC-12 Connection = Hella Fast
Old 09-02-2007, 07:09 AM
Magoth78
Discordant

Thanks.

In the actual state, it would be really difficult to plug the eqoffline code into the last emu sources because of all the changes. And my code isn't clear.

That's why I'm actually rewriting everything related to bots, based on the last official emu sources. I want to make it a "separate" project that you just could add or not into the official sources easily, just like the Guildwars code.
That's not very hard to do but it takes a lot of time as a lot of functions need to be customized for bots.

Mag
-- EQoffline/bots
Old 09-02-2007, 02:17 PM
John Adams
Demi-God

Meh, not to blow my own horn, but I am not a c++ coder and I got the bots working in 1031 (I think) with little effort, just hours of time comparing things with windiff. =)

You never did get back to me that my port worked to your standards, but I understand you are re-writing anyway - so that's why I hadn't bothered you with it. I am very anxious to use Bots in a multi-player custom server. Hopefully that's the direction this is going.
Old 09-02-2007, 10:00 PM
gernblan
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magoth78 View Post
Thanks.

In the actual state, it would be really difficult to plug the eqoffline code into the last emu sources because of all the changes. And my code isn't clear.

That's why I'm actually rewriting everything related to bots, based on the last official emu sources. I want to make it a "separate" project that you just could add or not into the official sources easily, just like the Guildwars code.
That's not very hard to do but it takes a lot of time as a lot of functions need to be customized for bots.

Mag
I understand that completely, but at the same time, as this project picks up more and more steam, I would like to recommend folding it into the eqemu code (so that it can keep up with the main source tree more easily), as a long-term goal.

I would imagine that if it was planned properly and the eqemu dev community was on board, that it could be done using includes so as to not turn the main code base into spaghetti. Then perhaps a global environment variable can be added that will either compile in the bot code or not.
Jest 4 Server
Linux (Jest3 runs on Fedora, our Dev servers usually run on Ubuntu and/or Gentoo), OC-12 Connection = Hella Fast
Old 09-03-2007, 03:37 AM
Magoth78
Discordant

That's true but I can't believe that the EQEmu dev would accept to keep the actual bots code in the official tree and they would be right.

John> Great job on 1031 port but as I've mentionned everything can be done with diffs. The code just stays the same and modify a lot of things in the official tree.

Technically, what I'm actually doing is to make a public class called Bots that inherits the NPC class. This way I can code the virtual methods that are customized for the bots without modifying the official Entity>Mobs>NPC codes.
Everything related to bots (Stats, Equipment, Attacks, AIs, Orders) are coded in this new class.
The Raid class will stay the same but will have some improvments.

What will be left will be the group thing and that will be an issue. I'm actually wondering how I can make the group working for both players and bots with a minimum of official code modifications.

Mag
-- EQoffline/bots
Old 09-03-2007, 02:13 PM
John Adams
Demi-God

Here, here. I would love to see this as a non-intrusive add-on to the emulator (like GW, if you don't want it, it doesn't break anything). But if it were "core", it could be controlled by a Rule. (?)
Old 09-04-2007, 12:55 PM
Criimson
Hill Giant

I was wondering about bots casting as I am having some difficulties

I use ax_classic and have patched it according to the readme
These classes cast fine:
Cleric, Paladin
These don't cast at all:
Beastlord
Shaman
Druid
Mage
Necro
Enchanter

Any ideas why

Criimson
Old 09-04-2007, 01:51 PM
gernblan
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magoth78 View Post
That's true but I can't believe that the EQEmu dev would accept to keep the actual bots code in the official tree and they would be right.

John> Great job on 1031 port but as I've mentionned everything can be done with diffs. The code just stays the same and modify a lot of things in the official tree.

Technically, what I'm actually doing is to make a public class called Bots that inherits the NPC class. This way I can code the virtual methods that are customized for the bots without modifying the official Entity>Mobs>NPC codes.
Everything related to bots (Stats, Equipment, Attacks, AIs, Orders) are coded in this new class.
The Raid class will stay the same but will have some improvments.

What will be left will be the group thing and that will be an issue. I'm actually wondering how I can make the group working for both players and bots with a minimum of official code modifications.

Mag
Agreed. But if coded as a "module"... well, I need not carry on about this. I think we're both on the same page already.

I'm thinking the same approach as GuildWars...

Incredible work, by the way.
Jest 4 Server
Old 09-04-2007, 03:53 PM
Aonelyn
Hill Giant

nice work magoth =]

you have done it yet again..
Old 09-04-2007, 04:38 PM
Criimson
Hill Giant

EQoffline spells list ID:

Magician: 516
Necromancer: 515
Enchanter: 517
Shaman: 518
Druid: 519
Shadowknight: 512
Beastlord: 524

Other are standards.

This should be posted in the readme

Once I changed a couple id's everything works great

I know its been said before, but you are the MAN!

Criiimson
Old 09-06-2007, 08:24 AM
Aonelyn
Hill Giant

is it normal for my level 75 cleric to cast level 1 spells on me? Or did i do something wrong?
Old 09-06-2007, 09:44 AM
sonicvt
Fire Beetle

Mag,

I was raiding Trakanon today with your bots and each and every encounter I got a zone.exe error. After a few trials with Trak being at various healths I noticed it only happend when one of the Bots "created a mystical portal". This being Trakanon's teleport proc.

I was able to edit the database to remove Trakanon's spell casting ability (Trakanon npc_spells_id set = 0 not 43 or 46, whichever it was) to stop this error. I don't know if there is anything you can do on the bots side to fix this or not but it is just something I noticed.
Old 09-06-2007, 06:32 PM
Magoth78
Discordant

Aonelyn> You have to do a "#bot update" on your bots once created and leveled.

sonicvt> Thanks for the report. I've also noticed that on Dain and some others targets. I will see what I can do.

Mag
-- EQoffline/bots
Closed Thread