Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Bots

Development::Bots Forum for bots.

Closed Thread

Old 08-24-2007, 02:54 AM
Magoth78
Discordant

To give order to your raid, you have to make macros.

Concerning version, the actual one is 1.3e. ( http://eqoffline.free.fr/Build.rar )
The last final version of eqoffline will be 1.4 and I have a good number of bugs to resolve before I release it. That will take some time..
-- EQoffline/bots
Old 08-27-2007, 12:01 AM
Yohkoh
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magoth78 View Post
To give order to your raid, you have to make macros.

Concerning version, the actual one is 1.3e. ( http://eqoffline.free.fr/Build.rar )
The last final version of eqoffline will be 1.4 and I have a good number of bugs to resolve before I release it. That will take some time..
Is the Source up to date? When I compile the latest source from the Web Site, I get a Zone disconnect when I do a trade. Comparing the downloaded binaries with the compiled source code, It fails after the bot is updated with the new weapon and never gets to where the bot says 'Thank you for this item, leader.'
Old 08-27-2007, 12:15 AM
Magoth78
Discordant

Yohkoh> The sources are not up-to-date, only the binaries are.

sonicvt> Yes, I've noticed that also. I will make it so if the group leader dies, an other grouped bot will become the group's leader. Then you will do "#bot raid info" to show who it is.
-- EQoffline/bots
Old 08-27-2007, 02:03 PM
sonicvt
Fire Beetle

Mag,

When I tell a bot to remove an inventory slot but don't have one targeted it kills EQEmu. Is this something fixable on your end or just something that it part of the game? Thanks.
Old 08-27-2007, 02:37 PM
Wanderin
Fire Beetle

Smile

Got my bots up and running with only a few snags so far. Made a lvl 51 human(male) monk bot and gave him the monk epic 1.0 fistwraps, soon as he would engage in combat the zone would crash. Then i made a 51 barbarian(female) beserker and tried to give her various 2hs weapons including the epic 1.0 and the bot would just eat them saying she couldnt use. Im running a Emu ver of 992 with the latest peq database and the current downloads from your website for the bots, did i miss something or are these just a few bugs to be worked on
Old 08-28-2007, 05:24 AM
aneriel
Fire Beetle

Would like to post a few things on this as I've spent days banging my head.

First, regarding the readme.txt that tells you to delete your npc_spells_entries table. never ever do this. When working with databases it can be very easy to overlook something and can cause major headaches while you spend hours trying to figure out why something doesn't work. Always rename the table before making any changes (you wouldn't just overwrite a file without backing it up first would you?). Even if it's something as simple as adding one column. It's much easier to look at your tables and know what is what:
npc_spell_entries_bots
npc_spell_entries_prebots

npc_types_bots
npc_types_prebots
etc, etc

Now I have a working table of both versions. I work with databases on a regular basis, so I knew to do this before-hand.

With that said, ever since I installed BOTs on my server I've been experiencing random disconnects (doing GM commands brings my zones down) and cannot group with other players. So I decided to roll back to pre-bots days. Now if I wouldn't have done what I stated above, I would be resourcing my database to get my npc_spell_types back. To source in my DB the first time took over 4 hours (don't ask why). This would have sucked. At any rate, I just want those out there not to have to do this if it can be easily avoided

Though that's not what I banged my head over, the issue I started having (after copying my orginal world.exe, zone.exe, and that dll back over) was that the zone would launch and then close right back down. I tried a different combination of things and in the end all i needed to do was the

mysql > set password for 'root'@'localhost' = old_password('newpw');

command. just wanted to give everyone a heads up.

Last edited by aneriel; 08-28-2007 at 01:26 PM.. Reason: Fixed boldness
Old 08-28-2007, 07:14 AM
drakelord
Hill Giant

It's weird that I don't get any of these problems mentioned above, :\
Closed Thread