Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Bots

Development::Bots Forum for bots.

Closed Thread

Old 08-20-2007, 04:36 AM
drakelord
Hill Giant

Sweet, it worked.

Now, next couple things, :3; First off, is there a way to get a bot to cast DoT's before it casts it's direct damage spells?

Also, how can I increase the casting rate in the source code?
Old 08-20-2007, 11:15 AM
John Adams
Demi-God

Might require some manual effort on your part, but I believe the npc_spell_entries table has a "priority" field. If it does what I think, the NPC should cast it's spells in the order of priority. I haven't tested this, but it would make sense.

You know how some NPCs pop, and immediately start buffing themselves or summon pets... I think this is what controls that.
Old 08-20-2007, 12:19 PM
Zengez
Hill Giant

I May be totally off target but I thought I read somewhere that that field governed some weird idea about how many times the npc casts that in a given amount of time... i.e. if priority is 5 then the npc casts that spell 5 times per however long that time period is...

That could be dating myself though and not have been true since the dawn of time, but I remember that from somewhere if it matters... My server is down though so no ability to test it unfortunately.
Old 08-20-2007, 01:28 PM
John Adams
Demi-God

I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if a field aptly named "priority" ended up having nothing whatsoever to do with prioritizing what order to cast, but quantities of casts.

Considering I am still wrestling with understanding conditional spawns...
Old 08-20-2007, 03:25 PM
sonicvt
Fire Beetle

Mag,

I'm having a terrible time with your raid commands. I created 6 warrior bots (named War_Raid1 through War_Raid6) and 6 cleric bots (named Cleric_Raid1 through Cleric_Raid6). I can invite the bots to be leaders of their own raid groups but I can't add other bots to their group. I'm telling them the corret name of the bot as I can tell which one is the leader (#bot raid info) but they won't join the raid group. Is my naming convention messing up your commands?
Old 08-20-2007, 08:43 PM
Magoth78
Discordant

sonicvt>
The method to create a raid is the following one :

1/ Create your group and invite your bots.
2/ Once your group is full, create a raid: #bot raid create. That will show you "Your raid is created".
3/ Then, spawn your 2nd group. You want to make War_Raid1 the leader of the 2nd group, target War_Raid1 and type #bot raid group create.
4/ invite bots in the second group: target bot and type #bot raid invite bot <Group leader name>. In your case, you have to type #bot raid invite bot War_Raid1.
5/ Ok you have created your raid, created groups and invited bots in the raid's groups. If you want to have infos on your raid, type #bot raid info.
6/ Now, you want to give orders to your raid. Note that you can only give order to the group and not to the entire raid. If you want to give an attack order to group1 so it attacks a certain target , target the mob that you want the group attacks and type: #bot raid order tasks attack War_Raid1. The War_Raid1's group will attack your target.
7/ There are other tasks commands : For example, if you that War_Raid1's follow your group, type #bot raid order task follow War_Raid1 sonicvt supposing that sonicvt is your character's name and that you are the group leader.
If you want to give a guard order (stop moving) to War_Raid1's group, type #bot raid order task guard War_Raid1.

----
drakelord>
"Also, how can I increase the casting rate in the source code?"

The bot AI codes is in the BotAI.cpp file. If you want to make custom code, do it at your own risk. Now if you notice that the casting's rate is not right, we can discuss on it and I will make the changes if they are really needed.

Talking about spells, I'd like to make a special npc_spells entrie for any bot caster class. This entrie should contain the same spells at the same level that a player. Yes, because some important spells are missing or they re not the in the right level range actually... that's a lot of work, but I think it worths it.

Mag
-- EQoffline/bots
Old 08-20-2007, 09:53 PM
Magoth78
Discordant

For thoses who want to work on bot spells, the new npc_spells entries for the bot will be thoses ones:

600: Bot druid
601: Bot cleric
602: Bot shaman
603: Bot ranger
604: Bot sk
605: Bot beastlord
606: Bot bard
607: Bot paladin
608: Bot magician
609: Bot necro
610: Bot wizard
611: Bot enchanter
-- EQoffline/bots
Old 08-20-2007, 10:46 PM
Magoth78
Discordant

Finally, about spells, that's too much work (not hard but requires a lot of time) to create special npc_spells entries for all the classes... so unless someone wants to do it, I think I will add/edit the entries that's not right for the bots.
-- EQoffline/bots
Old 08-20-2007, 11:03 PM
drakelord
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magoth78 View Post
Finally, about spells, that's too much work (not hard but requires a lot of time) to create special npc_spells entries for all the classes... so unless someone wants to do it, I think I will add/edit the entries that's not right for the bots.
Already said I'd do this part, ;D
Old 08-21-2007, 05:51 AM
drakelord
Hill Giant

Anyway, about the spellcasting, bots really do not cast often enough. I've seen healers go for 30 seconds to a minute without healing, when people need it. And casters do not nuke often enough. When I played as a Wizard on live, I definately casted more than once every 30 seconds, o.o; Not sure if it's supposed to be 30 seconds, but something is bugging it to be up around that point at times.
Old 08-21-2007, 06:30 AM
Magoth78
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by drakelord View Post
Anyway, about the spellcasting, bots really do not cast often enough. I've seen healers go for 30 seconds to a minute without healing, when people need it. And casters do not nuke often enough. When I played as a Wizard on live, I definately casted more than once every 30 seconds, o.o; Not sure if it's supposed to be 30 seconds, but something is bugging it to be up around that point at times.
I didn't notice that at all. What can happen is when your bots don't have any LoS with their target, they don't cast. It's an issue that will be fixed very soon.

A new version (1.4) is incoming.
-- EQoffline/bots
Old 08-21-2007, 06:40 AM
drakelord
Hill Giant

But this happens when the mob is literally right in front of their faces, xD; Not trying to be a bitch or anything here, :]; *goes back to making spell lists*;
Old 08-22-2007, 12:02 PM
Arcsbane
Fire Beetle

I would first like to state how great the bots are, and what good work you are doing.

But, I am having issues with them. I have pretty much zero experience with C++ and SQL, and am kind of bumbling my way through. I tried compiling the Source and Build with eqemu build 992, but it failed every time on World, Zone, ppconvert, eqlaunch, and charmove. Pretty much the only one that would compile right for me was EMuShareMem. After getting frustrated, I simply copied the eqoffline files directly into my EQEmu server folder, and gave it a test run. The bots work great, but a lot of other things are buggy (which is expected, I suppose, since I couldn't compile the stuff), e.g. groups no longer work with other player characters (only with bots) and raid groups don't function at all, random crashes, and odd bot behavior. Is there a download of the compiled eqemu/eqoffline files somewhere that might work better than what I have going on since I cannot seem to compiled them into working order myself?
Old 08-22-2007, 06:12 PM
Magoth78
Discordant

Arcsbane> You can find the latest version there: http://eqoffline.free.fr/Build.rar wich is almost updated every day theses times.

Be sure that you have modified your database:
http://eqoffline.free.fr/README.txt

The EQoffline Wiki entries made by John Adams:
http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka.php?wakka=Bots
http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka...a=BotsCommands

The nice tools to deal with your bots made by Georges:
http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/showthread.php?t=23205
-- EQoffline/bots
Old 08-22-2007, 10:52 PM
sdabbs65
Dragon

[QUOTE=Magoth78;137326]Arcsbane> You can find the latest version there: http://eqoffline.free.fr/Build.rar wich is almost updated every day theses times.

I tested perl last night on this version and the NPC's are not responding also it says it makes the bots but they never show up.
is there some different quest files to install or something ?

www.cheaterz.info
Closed Thread