Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Bots

Development::Bots Forum for bots.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-20-2007, 08:43 PM
Magoth78
Discordant

sonicvt>
The method to create a raid is the following one :

1/ Create your group and invite your bots.
2/ Once your group is full, create a raid: #bot raid create. That will show you "Your raid is created".
3/ Then, spawn your 2nd group. You want to make War_Raid1 the leader of the 2nd group, target War_Raid1 and type #bot raid group create.
4/ invite bots in the second group: target bot and type #bot raid invite bot <Group leader name>. In your case, you have to type #bot raid invite bot War_Raid1.
5/ Ok you have created your raid, created groups and invited bots in the raid's groups. If you want to have infos on your raid, type #bot raid info.
6/ Now, you want to give orders to your raid. Note that you can only give order to the group and not to the entire raid. If you want to give an attack order to group1 so it attacks a certain target , target the mob that you want the group attacks and type: #bot raid order tasks attack War_Raid1. The War_Raid1's group will attack your target.
7/ There are other tasks commands : For example, if you that War_Raid1's follow your group, type #bot raid order task follow War_Raid1 sonicvt supposing that sonicvt is your character's name and that you are the group leader.
If you want to give a guard order (stop moving) to War_Raid1's group, type #bot raid order task guard War_Raid1.

----
drakelord>
"Also, how can I increase the casting rate in the source code?"

The bot AI codes is in the BotAI.cpp file. If you want to make custom code, do it at your own risk. Now if you notice that the casting's rate is not right, we can discuss on it and I will make the changes if they are really needed.

Talking about spells, I'd like to make a special npc_spells entrie for any bot caster class. This entrie should contain the same spells at the same level that a player. Yes, because some important spells are missing or they re not the in the right level range actually... that's a lot of work, but I think it worths it.

Mag
-- EQoffline/bots