Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 01-31-2009, 04:12 AM
dencelle
Fire Beetle

Default end of the road

hey guys... i know alot of you don't know me and the ones that do know me probably don't like me much for my use of MQ2 and i'll leave that to that... but i'm leaving EQ emu, my brother is probably going to take my accounts and everything but i'm getting married so time for me to settle down.

in the time i have played on eqemu (3 years aprox) it has been a roller coster ride.. sometimes good and sometimes bad... i've done alot that makes me satisfied with leaving. one accomplishment i am proud i can say i did was help Raid Addicts and mort with stuff he is doing and that i've opened alot of peoples eyes to the simi good uses of MQ2.

i'm very proud on most of the servers like RA Peq and stormheaven for all the accomplishments they have done with what little you guys have(that i've seen) and at times i'm a little mad at some of the things that you guys have done.... (MQ2 warp detection made it real real hard on us MQ2 users... GJ on it though)

i'm glad that i've seen several admins, more or less, accept that MQ2 is a class of its own and that you as a admin just have to limit what they can do as that class, mort and me talked a while back about this and i'm happy to say he is not the asshole he seems to be... **at times lol...

trevis has done a great job at working on the server that hes built... why in the hell he doesn't have the green status yet... i don't know... but in my opinion he should with all that hes done to help other servers plus run his own server plus all the development he has helped on..

in the time i've been here i've admined on several servers and most of them failed due to server hosts not being able to take the pressure... so i give credit to all the server hosts that have been able to make there server stay alive and hope you guys do well...

"only the weak fail, the strong always come back for more and don't quit fighting till the job is done"
"theres 2 kind of assholes... the kind of asshole who breaks everything and cares about no one.. and the asshole who breaks things to fix them so they can't be broken again"
Old 01-31-2009, 07:13 PM
Yeormom
Discordant

So a MQ2 lover is leaving? Glad to see you go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dencelle View Post
trevis has done a great job at working on the server that hes built... why in the hell he doesn't have the green status yet... i don't know... but in my opinion he should with all that hes done to help other servers plus run his own server plus all the development he has helped on..
If Trevius wanted preferred status, he would have it.
Old 01-31-2009, 07:20 PM
Secrets
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeormom View Post
So a MQ2 lover is leaving? Glad to see you go.
This.

I loved the part where you asked me in IRC for ideas on how to get ghostkill working. That was funny, and the time I told you to block death packets was fun too; seeing as there's too many switches to prevent exploits, I found you trying this promptly hilarious.

MQ2 is nothing but a cheater's friend when used in the way you used it. You shouldn't need anything but MQ2Map as a server admin, anything more and it's cheating, imo. And cheating on an emulated server is something you should be ashamed of; these people dedicate their free time to make someone like yourself happy -- least you can do is follow their rules without bribing them like you did an old friend of mine.

see ya.