Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Bots

Development::Bots Forum for bots.

Closed Thread

Old 05-15-2007, 07:12 AM
John Adams
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magoth78
John Adams> I didn't try to compile the code under Linux but it seems that you need to add botAI.cpp and petAI.cpp to your project.
Thanks Mag, I'll check into it and let you know how Linux goes.
Old 05-15-2007, 07:45 AM
tranquiltwist
Fire Beetle

on top of the original world and zone exes? or... alone?

if I run JUST worlddebug and zonedebug I can't zone once i get into the game... and if I run them on top worlddebug.exe crashes.

sorta confused :(

[it says "this zone is not ready to receive visitors yet.. please try again in a few moments."]

I've tried any combo of them... i either get bots and can't zone or i get to zone and no bots. o_O

Last edited by tranquiltwist; 05-15-2007 at 03:48 PM..
Old 05-15-2007, 12:32 PM
Zard
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranquiltwist
on top of the original world and zone exes? or... alone?

if I run JUST worlddebug and zonedebug I can't zone once i get into the game... and if I run them on top worlddebug.exe crashes.

sorta confused :(

[it says "this zone is not ready to receive visitors yet.. please try again in a few moments."]

I've tried any combo of them... i either get bots and can't zone or i get to zone and no bots. o_O
Just double click on zonedebugperl.exe again, each window = a second, third..ect. available zone.
Old 05-15-2007, 01:17 PM
dudeman123
Fire Beetle

I am having a problem with zonedebugperl.exe. I get this error after i select a character.
HTML Code:
AppName: zonedebugperl.exe	 AppVer: 0.0.0.0	 ModName: zonedebugperl.exe
ModVer: 0.0.0.0	 Offset: 0002034e
I am using
# Fresh Titanium install
# MySQL 4.0.23.
# ActiveState Perl 5.8
# EQEmulator Map Files
# cavedude's ServerPack 3.6
# MySQLCC
-- I added Magoth's exe's to my eq directory... and added those queries from the readme.
My eqemu server works normally. I start with minilogin.exe, then world.exe, then zone.exe. But when I use Magoth's exe's i cant get past the character select screen. I even tried using minilogin.exe with worlddebug.exe and the ZONE.exe and it worked. I tried using minilogin.exe, world.exe and zonedebugperl.exe but zonedebugperl.exe crashed.

>I did not know what logs to include in this post, but if you need more information or logs i will gladly supply them.

Last edited by dudeman123; 05-15-2007 at 09:20 PM..
Old 05-15-2007, 03:06 PM
Zard
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudeman123
I am having a problem with zonedebugperl.exe. I get this error after i select a character.
HTML Code:
AppName: zonedebugperl.exe	 AppVer: 0.0.0.0	 ModName: zonedebugperl.exe
ModVer: 0.0.0.0	 Offset: 0002034e
I am using
# Fresh Titanium install
# MySQL 4.0.23.
# ActiveState Perl 5.8
# EQEmulator Map Files
# cavedude's ServerPack 3.6
# MySQLCC
-- I added Magoth's exe's to my eq directory... and added those queries from the readme.
My eqemu server works normally. I start with minilogin.exe, then world.exe, then zone.exe. But when I use Magoth's exe's i cant get past the character select screen. I even tried using minilogin.exe with worlddebug.exe and the ZONE.exe and it worked. I tried using minilogin.exe, world.exe and zonedebugperl.exe but zonedebugperl.exe crashed.

>I did not know what logs to include in this post, but if you need more information or logs i will gladly supply them.
Try Minilogin.exe, worlddebug.exe,zonedebugperl.exe...I use zonedebugperl.exe twice so that I can move from one zone to another.
Old 05-15-2007, 04:07 PM
tranquiltwist
Fire Beetle

I ended up getting it to work later today.. but the bots do not zone with you. Mag, maybe you should try to make the bots a "pet type" npc so that they zone with their guild leader? they buffed up every time I zoned and restarted the group. Also, when I would try to #bot group remove [target], the zonedebugperl.exe would crash- thus causing the server to hang. :(

so I can run more than one zonedebugperl.exe? hmm..
Old 05-15-2007, 04:20 PM
Zard
Sarnak

I also experienced the crash whenever removing bots from the group. I found it easier just to #kill them, but then again, I like decepticons :P
Old 05-15-2007, 06:00 PM
Arex
Hill Giant

Quote:
John Adams> I didn't try to compile the code under Linux but it seems that you need to add botAI.cpp and petAI.cpp to your project.
I am having exactly the same problem, how can i add that files to project? I am professional developer (I work with java), and i feel stupid asking it, but i am not sure how to do it.
Old 05-15-2007, 07:19 PM
Magoth78
Discordant

Hello,

Cavedude: I will check what I can do with the rules system but that should be doable. Concering the diffs, yes I will post them once I've finished the project.

Now, I'd like to clarify some things up concering the install. In the binaries pack that you can download on the project's website, you can find 3 files (for windows). WorldDebug.exe and ZoneDebug.exe are the standard World.exe and Zone.exe with the EQoffline code changes.
So to make it works, you should make a directory named "old" (by example) and you move your actual world.exe, zone.exe and EmuShareMem.dll in it.
Then, you open the EQoffline package and you extract all the files in your eqemu dir.
Finally, you rename WorldDebug.exe > World.exe and ZoneDebug.exe > Zone.exe.
You will be able to launch your server normally with the bots.

Concerning the Linux compile, I think that botAI.o and petAI.o have to be added into the makefile.common, not sure though. I will try on an Unbuntu when I ll get the time.

Crashing when removing bots from the group happened to me but I thought I had it fixed. Does it happen all the time ? Are you using "#bot group remove <your_target>" ?

About the fact that the bots don't zone with you. Yeah, I didn't make them zone with you. At this time, I even don't know if I can do it. Not sure I will start to work on it in the future though, it's not really a prority. I really want to debug all the basics things first.

Now, about the news. I'm actually leveling a character with bots to see what are the bugs and what I could improve.
I think that all the buffing, healing, DD'ing things are fines.
At the start, I didn't really like the way they follow their leader and how they split once they stop. But, I don't know how I can do otherwise. After all, that's working correctly. The only issue is when we're in a closed place and you have the aggro while they re in a wall, they won't assist. I can make them assist but if I do that I remove the Line of Sight check and the bots can aggro mobs through walls, floors etc... wich is not good.

Now what is not fine to me is the way the mobs assist.
Actually, they attack only if they (each individual bot) or you have the aggro.
Their target is the aggro'd mob that has the most aggro on them or you.
It's not good because if you play a CC class, they will break your mez in 80% of the cases.
I really need advise on how they can assist. What I can do is that they only assist the warrior in your group. And the warrior only attack/assist you.

G'day,
Mag
-- EQoffline/bots
Old 05-15-2007, 08:15 PM
Arex
Hill Giant

Quote:
Concerning the Linux compile, I think that botAI.o and petAI.o have to be added into the makefile.common, not sure though. I will try on an Unbuntu when I ll get the time.
I can try it for u on my ubuntu machine, i ll say tomorrow if adding that files to makefile.common compilation is working.
Old 05-15-2007, 09:01 PM
Crow102
Fire Beetle

so to install your bots all I would need to do is extract WorldDebug.exe and ZoneDebug.exe and re-name them the standard World.exe and Zone.exe to my emu directory and thats it? I don't have to change anything with Perl or MYSQL?

Sorry if it sounds like a stupid question, still a little bit of a newbie with this stuff.
Old 05-15-2007, 09:16 PM
Magoth78
Discordant

It's np. Yes, you just have to rename the files in the archive to world.exe and zone.exe

Arex, ok let me know if that works.

Mag
-- EQoffline/bots
Old 05-15-2007, 11:34 PM
dudeman123
Fire Beetle

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zard
Try Minilogin.exe, worlddebug.exe,zonedebugperl.exe...I use zonedebugperl.exe twice so that I can move from one zone to another.
Still getting an error from zonedebugperl.exe.

Last edited by dudeman123; 05-16-2007 at 07:42 AM..
Old 05-16-2007, 03:30 AM
tranquiltwist
Fire Beetle

I get an error from zonedebugperl.exe.

Mag-> I recommended the pet class option so that some control of the bots could be had. I'm playing around with this using a wizard... and he continuously dies before the bots even raise an eyebrow, let alone their sword at the aggro. so just like /pet attack helps out monumentally, i think that a #bot command to have [each one or all of them] attack.

Also: Enchanter just stood around in battle... didn't do any CC at all. He buffed, yes, but that was about it. Bard didn't do any songs except when I first invited him. Also had a graphical issue with the rogue... i gave him an Ifir and a discordant dagger of night... and he was running around with a table in his hands. [i fixed this by giving him other weapons]...
Old 05-16-2007, 08:20 AM
Zard
Sarnak

Dudeman123 - I would be unable to assist further as I am not sure and would hate to lead you on a goose chase. The previous advice is what works for myself.

Tranquil - Just a thought, do you use a large nuke or spell that would cause mass aggro? Your best bet IMO to play while it is in its current state would be to mem a level 1 nuke and use it for pulling purposes. In higher levels this may even cause more concern tho due to the amount of damage a wiz can take from a high level mob even with the first spree of attacks ( assuming your tank could remove aggro that quckly ). I would pull with a low level spell for minimum aggro, then I would let the tank classes build some aggro before continuing the bombfest. Just my thoughts.

Mag - I am still attempting to set up a PEQ database ( it has changed a lot since I first started and have to familiarize myself with some new database tools to set it up ) I have not forgot to follow up when I hopefully get the bots to buff and casters to assist in attacking.