Topgun1969
Sarnak

Default update

Ok, i noticed that it crashes the zone when updated sorry
Old 07-17-2007, 04:50 AM
Magoth78
Discordant

Can you give more info please ?

What is the last line you got on your zone.exe output when it crashes ?

Mag
-- EQoffline/bots
Old 07-17-2007, 09:29 AM
John Adams
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Adams View Post
Magoth, things are looking very nice! I can now report with confidence the Linux compile does behave differently than the Windows Binaries you provide (I have yet to compile on Windows myself). The major difference is, in Windows Binaries, I can form a group of 5 bots and myself - attack something - and it fights back.

But in Linux (FC4), the mobs you are attacking do not aggro. I cannot say why, just reporting what I have discovered.
Okies... my confidence is ZERO at the moment!! Magoth, I am embarassed to report, my Linux server was missing not only Maps, but quests dirs. Apparently, my unintelligent auto-setup script I wrote is shit.

I hope you didn't spend any time looking into that one, you were right. Maps.
Old 07-17-2007, 03:56 PM
Topgun1969
Sarnak

Default asap

As soon as it happens again i will give the message on the zones crashing. Also the bots will equip weapons in the wrong hands as well. I guess mostly it is things that have already been commented such as Rogues, Wizard just stand there. etc.
Old 07-17-2007, 07:36 PM
Topgun1969
Sarnak

Default following distance

Is there anyway to adjust the distance they follow you? The Vah shir race sits right on top of your character.
Old 07-17-2007, 08:55 PM
Topgun1969
Sarnak

Default zone crash on update, remove and spawn

[Debug] [WORLD__CLIENT] New client from 192.168.1.102:2426
[Debug] [WORLD__CLIENT] 1969: Logged in. Mode=(Zoning)
[Debug] [WORLD__CLIENT] 1969: LS Account #26109
[Debug] [WORLD__CLIENT] 1969: Telling client to continue session.
[Debug] [WORLD__CLIENT] 1969: Zoning to bazaar (151)
[Debug] [WORLD__CLIENT] 1969: Sending client to zone bazaar (151) at 192.1
68.1.103:7010
[Debug] [WORLD__ZONE] [11] [bazaar] Setting to 'bazaar' (151)
[Debug] [WORLD__CLIENT] 1969: Client disconnected (not active in process)
[Debug] [WORLD__ZONELIST] Removing zoneserver #11 at :7010
[Debug] [WORLD__ZONELIST] Hold Zones mode is ON - rebooting lost zone
[Debug] [WORLD__LAUNCH] zone: dynamic_02 reported state STOPPED (2 starts)
[Debug] [WORLD__LAUNCH] zone: dynamic_02 reported state STARTED (3 starts)
[Debug] [WORLD__ZONE] New TCP connection from 127.0.0.1:3098
[Debug] [WORLD__CONSOLE] New zoneserver #12 from 127.0.0.1:3098
[Debug] [WORLD__ZONE] [12] Zone started with name dynamic_02 by launcher zone
[Debug] [WORLD__ZONE] [12] Auto zone port configuration. Telling zone to use po
rt 7011
[Debug] [WORLD__CLIENT] New connection from 192.168.1.102:2430
[Debug] [NET__IDENT_TRACE] 192.168.1.102:2430: First opcode 0x4dd0 did not match
expected 0x2792
[Debug] [NET__IDENT_TRACE] 192.168.1.102:2430: Tried patch 6.2_world, and it did
not match.
[Debug] [NET__IDENT_TRACE] 192.168.1.102:2430: First opcode 0x4dd0 did not match
expected 0x2ec9
[Debug] [NET__IDENT_TRACE] 192.168.1.102:2430: Tried patch 6.2_zone, and it did
not match.
[Debug] [NET__IDENT_TRACE] 192.168.1.102:2430: First opcode matched 0x4dd0 and l
ength matched 464
[Debug] [NET__IDENTIFY] Identified stream 192.168.1.102:2430 with signature Tita
nium_world
[Debug] [WORLD__CLIENT] New client from 192.168.1.102:2430
[Debug] [WORLD__CLIENT] 1969: Logged in. Mode=(CharSel)
[Debug] [WORLD__CLIENT] 1969: LS Account #26109

Last edited by Topgun1969; 07-18-2007 at 04:57 AM..
Old 07-17-2007, 09:54 PM
John Adams
Demi-God

Thumbs up

Magoth, here's a few more things to report. (sorry if this is a repeat)

1) Bots gear "stats" do not seem to effect the bot. A level 70 ogre warrior has 5375 HP @ level 70 before or after adding armor.

2) Bots do not seem to benefit from group buffs. My poor warrior and monk were torn to shreds by Aaryonar in seconds!

3) There is still something odd with NPC reaction gfx during a fight, even with maps in place properly. In NToV, the wyverns that initially attack in mass - once the first wyvern falls, the next few just stand there while the Warrior beats it up. However, the bot IS taking damage (according to it's health bar, I am pretty sure).

4) I know this is not in the scope yet, but I grouped another player in my group first, then spawned 4 bots. They do not show up for the other grouped player.

I did crash the zone once, but I am not sure how. I was fighting Eashen of the Sky when it happened.

Oh, and I figured out why my Mage gear didn't save. Because he was a Wizard. Tee hee. OOPS.

The raid stuff looks pretty intense. I won't have time to play with that until this weekend.
Old 07-18-2007, 05:06 AM
Magoth78
Discordant

Topgun1969> you shouldn't crash, it's probably due to your install.

John> thanks for the reports,
1/ Once you have equiped your bot and you did a "#bot update" on it, it's stats must be upgraded. I will change a lot of things about the bot's stuffs very soon as I don't like how I coded it. Also, I want to make the damages based on the stuffs of the bots, etc..
2/ Group buffs are only casted by the player. A bot won't cast a group buff, he will just give individual buffs.
3/ I used to test the bots in Ntov also and noticed almost the same thing but only on wyverns. What is possible is that the wyverns are feared by the fear classes, that's why the wyverns stand there. I dunno if in Live thoses wyverns were fearables but that could be the reason.
4/ Yes, I've also tested with a friend, the bots don't appear in the list of the other client. I will check what I can do.

If you play in raid and you got a zone crash, it's important to give me the last line of your zone's binaries. I've added a lot of debugs tags in the code, and the last zone's line output should give me somes infos about your crash.

Yes, the raid is very intense. I've tested the bots in Ntov and noticed something important :
In the actual version of EQoffline, when a bot is the maintank and the raid is engaged:
1- it will force all the healers to focus on him wich isn't necessary good with the AEs. I will probably make all the second healers focus on others players and will keep the clerics on the maintank.
2- the maintank (that should be a warrior in all the case) doesn't have any defense discipline and die very quickly against dragon like Lord Vyemm. I think I will add something for the maintank to be more defensive.

G'day,
Mag
-- EQoffline/bots
Old 07-18-2007, 07:43 AM
John Adams
Demi-God

Thanks for the feedback.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magoth78 View Post
1/ Once you have equiped your bot and you did a "#bot update" on it, it's stats must be upgraded. I will change a lot of things about the bot's stuffs very soon as I don't like how I coded it. Also, I want to make the damages based on the stuffs of the bots, etc..
Ahh, I did not do a #bot update since I gave him his wares. I'll try that and check #npcstats

Quote:
2/ Group buffs are only casted by the player. A bot won't cast a group buff, he will just give individual buffs.
I was the guy casting the group buffs, but I didn't see stats change - though I do not know how to see what buffs are active on a bot, much like a pet.

Quote:
If you play in raid and you got a zone crash, it's important to give me the last line of your zone's binaries. I've added a lot of debugs tags in the code, and the last zone's line output should give me somes infos about your crash.
I wasn't "raidiing" yet, just single group - but I will check this out this weekend and see what I come up with. It is very exciting indeed.

What you have working right now is amazing, and I can see where many enhancements are possible growing from this excellent idea. The only thing that does still concern me is MY bots being available to anyone - and therefore changable by anyone.

Say I am level 70 and build up my bots with nice level 70 gear. Then some level 20 comes along and spawns my bots. What will happen? The same bots will be level 20, but with level 70 gear? Or, what if that level 20 player changes the gear sets, and when I come back later all my level 70 twinking is gone? Not sure what your plans are - if any - for making the #bot list "private" since I think your first run is meant for single-player servers anyway. Just a thought.
Old 07-18-2007, 09:55 AM
Magoth78
Discordant

You can use #showbuffs to see what buffs are on any npc.

That's true. Actually, anyone can use any bot on a server. The reason is because I've developped this mod, from the start, for the solo only. Now, it has been upgraded so you can play it with your friends, though it may cause certain bugs that crashes the zone. That's why I need to see the last zone's binarie output when it occurs.

Concerning the fact that anyone can spawn any bot, I will change that soon.
Also, people asked me to :
1/ make only the bot creator to be able to spawn his own bots .
2/ remove the possibility to spawn more than one particular bot in a zone. Actually, you can clone any bot that you have by just "#bot spawn"'ing them.
-- EQoffline/bots
Old 07-18-2007, 01:23 PM
John Adams
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magoth78 View Post
1/ make only the bot creator to be able to spawn his own bots .
I was thinking this morning (instead of working, omg!!) - This opens the door for those admins who wish to add "Hire a Mercinary" vendors. For a fee, the player can hire a Warrior of a pre-determined level / gear (defined by the admin) to help the player along. Up to the full group limit. Then, lock down the #bot commands for altering those pre-defined system bots.

So generally, if a system admin wanted, they could create level 10, 20, 30 etc... 70 bots, fully geared, locked from modification, and a player can either spawn them for themselves, or hire them from a vendor NPC. hmm! Then, no #bot update would be needed, since you'd just hire a more uber bot for your next set of levels.

How exciting.
Old 07-18-2007, 08:17 PM
Topgun1969
Sarnak

Default Thank you

Thx for the advice to try re-installs. I have did just that and hoped for a new beginning. No good though. I noticed that the tables botinventory and botleader were giving problems about sourcing in. So i used navicat to get them in. After new installation, all problems i stated before remain the same. Ty for your time and patience i will drop in at times to see how progress goes and then i will hope to install it on my server at a later time. *Peace everyone*

*Hotenough server*
Old 07-19-2007, 05:32 PM
dark_fusion
Fire Beetle

So far the raid commands have worked like a charm, I was testing it out in mistmoore. It felt great to have an army of bots backing me up

So far no crashes, awesome work Mag. Thanks!
Old 07-21-2007, 08:18 AM
Blakine
Sarnak

I cant seem to get to your site, but would love to download this. Is it available on another site?
Old 07-21-2007, 03:05 PM
GeorgeS
Forum Guide

Just in case you missed my thread about a new tool to create BOT/RAID NPC's - (it's added to my NPC Editor)
http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/sho...d=1#post135360

I'm hard at work finishing up the tool, but in essence it does make BOT creation pretty easy. The tool to equip the BOTS is being added next.

GeorgeS

http://www.georgestools.chrsschb.com//
Closed Thread