Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 06-26-2009, 05:22 PM
SupaFreak76
Fire Beetle

Default SoF Server

I would love to see someone come out with a SoF based server.... I've played a few toons to 75 on Trev's server. But I want a ground up, from start, using all new zone/models server. Any takers? ( Btw, I suck at this stuff, so yes, im begging p )
Old 06-26-2009, 05:44 PM
trevius
Developer

I plan to add in zones from 1-70 for SoF, and am working from level 1 up atm. So far only Crescent Reach is pretty-much done as you probably already know, which goes up to about level 25 or so. I am hopefully going to get a few more added in the next month or 2, but they are a lot of work to get them as high quality as we like to have. Also, I am still working on fixing some of the few remaining issues with the SoF client on the emu at the same time, so it is hard to find time to do both at once :P I was also hoping that someone would be able to get Azone working so we could use all of the zones in SoF instead of just the ones that work with Azone for creating map files currently. Most of the great outdoor zones don't have .map files for them on the server, and some of those are ones I would love to use for my leveling content, which is another reason I haven't been in a rush to put more out.

Another thing that will speed up SoF development considerably is to get the packet collector tools working. Right now, it is very time consuming to setup an SoF zone from scratch, since there are no doors, zone lines, or anything at all in them. Doors alone can take quite a while to get added in if the zone is supposed to have them. It wouldn't be hard to throw some zones together and not pay attention to details like that, but details are something I try to pay very close attention to.

Kayen may do his next high end zone in SoF as well, so that would be a nice addition and it would also let us make use of some of the SoF specific features like the Power Source slot and Heroic stats.

Either way, you will be seeing more SoF content from Storm Haven trickling in over the coming months. I am not really sure how many other servers are making use of it atm, but I do agree that it would be great to see more use of the excellent content that comes with it. It would also be nice, because it would push more people to finally purchasing SoF. I am hoping that a large percentage of the EQEmu players have SoF by the end of the year. I plan to add in motivations like new items and new content that will help people to want to make that move. Of course, Storm Haven will always support Titanium and still be fun to play without SoF.

There are also a lot of new things to play with for new content creation, like the new working Adventure System. I definitely like to get new stuff added in as often as possible, so hopefully we will be making use of that as well as the other new things like Scaling Charm Stats, Power Source, Heroic Stats, etc.
Old 06-26-2009, 05:46 PM
SupaFreak76
Fire Beetle

Default yea

I went to a zone that said SoF enabled and zone was available and almost every zone i tried, loaded, but nothing was populated yet of course.
Old 06-26-2009, 05:54 PM
trevius
Developer

Yeah, any updated server will be SoF enabled unless they intentionally disabled it. Not all servers stay current with the code, though.

Keep in mind that the client is still very new to EQEmu, and is still not quite 100% caught up to Titanium as far as being as bug free and functional as Titanium is. It is very close now, but there are still a few minor issues that need to be resolved before I will consider it done. Most people probably wouldn't even notice the issues. I think the fact that it hasn't been announced as being officially done, is one of the main reasons everyone isn't getting it just yet. IMO, it could be considered done with just a note that there are a few minor things left to do with it.

Since the client is so new to the Emu, that is a big reason why there isn't a lot of content for it yet. The content will come, but it all takes time to add. I would be cranking out content for it like crazy if I wasn't still working on the client stuff.
Old 06-26-2009, 06:23 PM
SupaFreak76
Fire Beetle

Guess I'm just getting ahead of myself, lol!
Old 06-26-2009, 06:40 PM
Andrew80k
Dragon

Hopefull we'll have the collector working a little later in the summer and we can begin populating a lot of the content past PoP.
Old 06-26-2009, 07:04 PM
gaeorn
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew80k View Post
Hopefull we'll have the collector working a little later in the summer and we can begin populating a lot of the content past PoP.
Go Andrew80k!