Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Bots

Development::Bots Forum for bots.

Closed Thread

Old 07-21-2007, 08:22 PM
Magoth78
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blakine View Post
I cant seem to get to your site, but would love to download this. Is it available on another site?
Yes, there is a problem with my website. It will probably be up tomorrow if my isp does its job.
-- EQoffline/bots
Old 07-21-2007, 08:24 PM
Magoth78
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeS View Post
Just in case you missed my thread about a new tool to create BOT/RAID NPC's - (it's added to my NPC Editor)
http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/sho...d=1#post135360

I'm hard at work finishing up the tool, but in essence it does make BOT creation pretty easy. The tool to equip the BOTS is being added next.

GeorgeS
That's nice Georges. It will help people to deal with their raid bot members.
-- EQoffline/bots
Old 07-22-2007, 06:55 AM
GeorgeS
Forum Guide

Pet classes not casting?

I tried creating a Mage (spells id=4) and Necro (spells id=3)and both just stand there not casting pets. They are lvl 51, and not one spell's cast by them. The cleric works excellent though

Not sure what's up. My npc's are ok in the db and I sourced the sql for spell_entries from Magoth's site
Mage uses spell entries
Anyone having difficulties as well?

GeorgeS

http://www.georgestools.chrsschb.com//
Old 07-22-2007, 07:24 AM
Magoth78
Discordant

" I tried creating a Mage (spells id=4) and Necro (spells id=3)"

A mage and a Necro shouldn't have those Spells ID on EQoffline.

Try to:
1/ "#bot update" them
2/ kill them
3/ "#bot spawn" them
4/ group them.

Mag
-- EQoffline/bots
Old 07-22-2007, 08:00 AM
Blakine
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magoth78 View Post
Yes, there is a problem with my website. It will probably be up tomorrow if my isp does its job.
Yep, working now thanks!
Old 07-22-2007, 08:11 AM
GeorgeS
Forum Guide

Ok still no go, I can create any npc and it casts fine - but never any pets.
Can someone post the sql for table npc_spells please
I think that's the problem

Thanks
GeorgeS

btw - here's sql to check - there's no pet summoning here. hmm I going to look at another database as investigate further

Select npc_spells.name,npc_spells_entries.npc_spells_id,n pc_spells_entries.spellid,npc_spells_entries.type, npc_spells_entries.minlevel,npc_spells_entries.max level,
spells.name
FROM npc_spells_entries,spells,npc_spells

WHERE
(npc_spells_entries.spellid=spells.spellid)
AND
(npc_spells.id=npc_spells_entries.npc_spells_id)

ORDER BY npc_spells_entries.npc_spells_id ASC

Last edited by GeorgeS; 07-22-2007 at 04:34 PM..
Old 07-22-2007, 01:18 PM
GeorgeS
Forum Guide

I looked further into this and even after adding pet spells to the magician pet list (#216), the mage bot only casts 3 buff spells but the pet spells he does not cast.

So my question, is how does your code handle pet spell casting and selection?

GeorgeS

Old 07-23-2007, 02:35 AM
Blakine
Sarnak

Default complete heal?

Hey Magoth,

So far eqoffline has worked great. When I first created a bot I used a level one character, the bot was a cleric and he did well at healing. I then tried to use the same bot for a level 50 character, his level updated but his spells did not. He still used a very low level heal on me.

I looked in the database and his level is 50, and I updated, killed and respawned him but he is still casting very low level heals. So I created a new bot and he has the same problem. Is there a bug with this? Have not looked at the code yet
Old 07-23-2007, 09:23 AM
Blakine
Sarnak

Quote:
Hey Magoth,

So far eqoffline has worked great. When I first created a bot I used a level one character, the bot was a cleric and he did well at healing. I then tried to use the same bot for a level 50 character, his level updated but his spells did not. He still used a very low level heal on me.

I looked in the database and his level is 50, and I updated, killed and respawned him but he is still casting very low level heals. So I created a new bot and he has the same problem. Is there a bug with this? Have not looked at the code yet
update:

Checked the mana calculation ( I assume bots are under same rules as NPCs?) and my bot at level 50 should have 1100 mana (no equipment). Complete heal is 400 mana, but he casts light healing on me =/ From the code, the only thing I can see is that they check against there mana to make sure they can cast the spell.

But I have not found the logic on how they choose what spell to cast. Anyway..doing more testing. I am going to go in as Admin and #showstats on him to make sure he has the mana I think he does.

Is there a way we can see what spells they are able to cast? Or do they get them all based on level?
Old 07-23-2007, 09:29 AM
Magoth78
Discordant

If your bot is a cleric, lvl50 and you "#bot update" 'd him, it should cast the lvl44-49 cleric's spells.

If you want to see what spells your bots can use, you have to see on what spell's ID it is. A magician by example should by 516 (by memories). Then you can check what spell your bot should cast by checking in the database, the npc_spells_entries table.
-- EQoffline/bots
Old 07-23-2007, 09:47 AM
Blakine
Sarnak

Quote:
If your bot is a cleric, lvl50 and you "#bot update" 'd him, it should cast the lvl44-49 cleric's spells.

If you want to see what spells your bots can use, you have to see on what spell's ID it is. A magician by example should by 516 (by memories). Then you can check what spell your bot should cast by checking in the database, the npc_spells_entries table.
Thanks, I will check that. One other question, I didn't see this in the code. Do bots always spawn at level 1?
Old 07-23-2007, 12:19 PM
John Adams
Demi-God

Quote:
I then tried to use the same bot for a level 50 character, his level updated but his spells did not. He still used a very low level heal on me.
I second that, my level 70 cleric casts very low level buffs, though that is ok in itself. Also, she will spam heals on me for very low amounts, and keeps casting Yaulp over and over if there is no fighting going on.

I have a release coming this week, so I am again swamped at work... but I'll get back to playing with Bots first week of August or so. Regardless, Blakine, you might have missed the post that bots do not appear to be benefiting from their uber gear. My level 70 Ogre Warrior decked in Gladiator's has 5k HP... which I think is shy of what he should have (12k or so heh).
Old 07-25-2007, 02:33 AM
Blakine
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Adams View Post
Regardless, Blakine, you might have missed the post that bots do not appear to be benefiting from their uber gear. My level 70 Ogre Warrior decked in Gladiator's has 5k HP... which I think is shy of what he should have (12k or so heh).
Nah I saw that, he was a naked cleric lol. Since that time I have made a low level warrior and leveling up legit with her. Bots have been a great help and have sped up leveling. A few issues but nothing major. One request I would have (again have not looked at code in depth) is if you could make the bots stay like a pet does? This way you could tell them to stay in one spot and then go grab a pull and run it back to them. Just a thought
Old 07-25-2007, 05:05 AM
Magoth78
Discordant

Quote:
... if you could make the bots stay like a pet does? This way you could tell them to stay in one spot and then go grab a pull and run it back to them. Just a thought
#bot group order [attack/guard]
#bot group summon
-- EQoffline/bots
Old 07-27-2007, 03:04 AM
Blakine
Sarnak

Quote:
3/ You can add a member to the groups 2/3/4 by using the command "#bot raid invite bot [target] [group: 2/3/4]"
One more question is [target] the bots name you want to be grouped or just an indicator that you need the bot targeted. Also do you have to put in "group" in the last command or just the group number. Having some trouble getting this command to work. My bots wont group after I pick a group leader.

Thanks.
Closed Thread