Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Development

Development::Development Forum for development topics and for those interested in EQEMu development. (Not a support forum)

Old 10-02-2008, 01:49 PM
joligario
Developer

New code (using cavedude's PEQ after you said rev24 was made):

The entire first step is shown again, however it is truncated. The following steps have no text any more. Money and Experience now shows up as a reward but not on the main task window.
Old 10-02-2008, 02:23 PM
Derision
Developer

Putting the non-display of the reward on the task selection window aside for now, I don't see the other problems you are seeing:

I think I am running Rev29, but I have made no changes to the task code since Rev24. This is on Linux. I'll try a Windows build on the off chance there is some incompatibilty that has crept in. Guess I should also test with your task as the only active one, as that is a difference between your test and mine.
Old 10-02-2008, 05:23 PM
janusd
Sarnak

Adding the level check would be a big help as there were some Live quests that had level requirements before the quest giver would hand out those quests. You can see in the quest list for PoK in Alla http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/q....html?zone=158 that soem quests have a level minimum before the giver would hand it out. Or like this quest http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/q...tml?quest=3157 I remember from Live. I know when I was piddling around years ago after they added these armor quests, I started a noob and ran through Gloomingdeep. Once I left, I went to the armor guys. They only give quests in order, but I had to level to the appropriate level before later quests would be given.
Old 10-03-2008, 05:57 AM
Derision
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by joligario View Post
The entire first step is shown again, however it is truncated. The following steps have no text any more. Money and Experience now shows up as a reward but not on the main task window.
What client are you using? By the look of it, it is the 6.2 client, however the order of the fields in the Quest Journal (Objective/Status/Zone) is different to how my 6.2 client displays it (Zone/Objective/Status).
Old 10-03-2008, 06:08 AM
joligario
Developer

Yes, I see that... I am using Titanium.
Old 10-03-2008, 06:14 AM
Derision
Developer

Quote:
Yes, I see that... I am using Titanium.
But that isn't the Titanium UI. Is it a custom one, or did you copy the 6.2 UI into your Titanium directory ?

Edit: I did a /loadskin default_old and still can't reproduce this :(

Last edited by Derision; 10-03-2008 at 02:45 PM..
Old 10-03-2008, 01:14 PM
joligario
Developer

I installed Titanium and did loadskin default old. Other than that I haven't changed it...
Old 10-03-2008, 01:47 PM
Derision
Developer

Quote:
I installed Titanium and did loadskin default old. Other than that I haven't changed it...
This is on TGC ? I don't have a character high enough level to get the task there, unless Cavedude wants to level up character Derisiondwarf, account Derision to level 12 so I can go and test it on there . Assuming it's not a client issue, I can put some additional debug commands in to try and isolate the cause.
Old 10-03-2008, 01:57 PM
Derision
Developer

Cavedude put it to me that the 'Stepped' column in the Tasks table is redundant. The reason it is there is to allow a sequential task to be created (where one activity must be completed before the next is unlocked) without the need to fill in the step field in the activity table.

I am proposing a change to do away with the 'Stepped' column:

Code:
Index: zone/tasks.cpp
===================================================================
--- zone/tasks.cpp      (revision 34)
+++ zone/tasks.cpp      (working copy)
@@ -204,7 +204,7 @@
                        Tasks[TaskID]->RewardMethod = (TaskMethodType)atoi(row[8]);
                        Tasks[TaskID]->StartZone = atoi(row[9]);
                        Tasks[TaskID]->ActivityCount = 0;
-                       Tasks[TaskID]->SequenceMode = (SequenceType)atoi(row[10]);
+                       Tasks[TaskID]->SequenceMode = ActivitiesSequential;
                        Tasks[TaskID]->LastStep = 0;

_log(TASKS__GLOBALLOAD,"TaskID: %5i, Duration: %8i, StartZone: %3i Reward: %s",
@@ -246,6 +246,10 @@
                                continue;
                        }
                        Tasks[TaskID]->Activity[Tasks[TaskID]->ActivityCount].StepNumber = Step;
+
+                       if(Step != 0)
+                               Tasks[TaskID]->SequenceMode = ActivitiesStepped;
+
                        if(Step >Tasks[TaskID]->LastStep) Tasks[TaskID]->LastStep = Step;

// Task Activities MUST be numbered sequentially from 0. If not, log an error
Required SQL:

Code:
ALTER TABLE `tasks` DROP `stepped` ;
The way this will work is if the step column for each activity is zero, then the task will be sequential (one activity must be completed before the next is unlocked), i.e. it will behave as if the stepped column in the task table was set to 0.

If there is a non-zero step number for any activity belonging to this task, then it will behave as if the stepped column was set to 1 (i.e. multiple activities can be being worked on at once).

I've tested this, just didn't want to commit it without posting about it first.
Old 10-03-2008, 03:37 PM
Derision
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derision View Post
This is on TGC ? I don't have a character high enough level to get the task there, unless Cavedude wants to level up character Derisiondwarf, account Derision to level 12 so I can go and test it on there . Assuming it's not a client issue, I can put some additional debug commands in to try and isolate the cause.
I have tried this on TGC now (thanks Cavedude) and am seeing the same thing Joligario is seeing with truncated text, so it is definitely not client related. I'll do some more investigation.