Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Bots

Development::Bots Forum for bots.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-18-2007, 05:06 AM
Magoth78
Discordant

Topgun1969> you shouldn't crash, it's probably due to your install.

John> thanks for the reports,
1/ Once you have equiped your bot and you did a "#bot update" on it, it's stats must be upgraded. I will change a lot of things about the bot's stuffs very soon as I don't like how I coded it. Also, I want to make the damages based on the stuffs of the bots, etc..
2/ Group buffs are only casted by the player. A bot won't cast a group buff, he will just give individual buffs.
3/ I used to test the bots in Ntov also and noticed almost the same thing but only on wyverns. What is possible is that the wyverns are feared by the fear classes, that's why the wyverns stand there. I dunno if in Live thoses wyverns were fearables but that could be the reason.
4/ Yes, I've also tested with a friend, the bots don't appear in the list of the other client. I will check what I can do.

If you play in raid and you got a zone crash, it's important to give me the last line of your zone's binaries. I've added a lot of debugs tags in the code, and the last zone's line output should give me somes infos about your crash.

Yes, the raid is very intense. I've tested the bots in Ntov and noticed something important :
In the actual version of EQoffline, when a bot is the maintank and the raid is engaged:
1- it will force all the healers to focus on him wich isn't necessary good with the AEs. I will probably make all the second healers focus on others players and will keep the clerics on the maintank.
2- the maintank (that should be a warrior in all the case) doesn't have any defense discipline and die very quickly against dragon like Lord Vyemm. I think I will add something for the maintank to be more defensive.

G'day,
Mag
-- EQoffline/bots