Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Development

Development::Development Forum for development topics and for those interested in EQEMu development. (Not a support forum)

Old 10-03-2008, 01:14 PM
joligario
Developer

I installed Titanium and did loadskin default old. Other than that I haven't changed it...
Old 10-03-2008, 01:47 PM
Derision
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by joligario View Post
I installed Titanium and did loadskin default old. Other than that I haven't changed it...
This is on TGC ? I don't have a character high enough level to get the task there, unless Cavedude wants to level up character Derisiondwarf, account Derision to level 12 so I can go and test it on there . Assuming it's not a client issue, I can put some additional debug commands in to try and isolate the cause.
Old 10-03-2008, 01:57 PM
Derision
Developer

Cavedude put it to me that the 'Stepped' column in the Tasks table is redundant. The reason it is there is to allow a sequential task to be created (where one activity must be completed before the next is unlocked) without the need to fill in the step field in the activity table.

I am proposing a change to do away with the 'Stepped' column:

Code:
Index: zone/tasks.cpp
===================================================================
--- zone/tasks.cpp      (revision 34)
+++ zone/tasks.cpp      (working copy)
@@ -204,7 +204,7 @@
                        Tasks[TaskID]->RewardMethod = (TaskMethodType)atoi(row[8]);
                        Tasks[TaskID]->StartZone = atoi(row[9]);
                        Tasks[TaskID]->ActivityCount = 0;
-                       Tasks[TaskID]->SequenceMode = (SequenceType)atoi(row[10]);
+                       Tasks[TaskID]->SequenceMode = ActivitiesSequential;
                        Tasks[TaskID]->LastStep = 0;

_log(TASKS__GLOBALLOAD,"TaskID: %5i, Duration: %8i, StartZone: %3i Reward: %s",
@@ -246,6 +246,10 @@
                                continue;
                        }
                        Tasks[TaskID]->Activity[Tasks[TaskID]->ActivityCount].StepNumber = Step;
+
+                       if(Step != 0)
+                               Tasks[TaskID]->SequenceMode = ActivitiesStepped;
+
                        if(Step >Tasks[TaskID]->LastStep) Tasks[TaskID]->LastStep = Step;

// Task Activities MUST be numbered sequentially from 0. If not, log an error
Required SQL:

Code:
ALTER TABLE `tasks` DROP `stepped` ;
The way this will work is if the step column for each activity is zero, then the task will be sequential (one activity must be completed before the next is unlocked), i.e. it will behave as if the stepped column in the task table was set to 0.

If there is a non-zero step number for any activity belonging to this task, then it will behave as if the stepped column was set to 1 (i.e. multiple activities can be being worked on at once).

I've tested this, just didn't want to commit it without posting about it first.
Old 10-03-2008, 02:38 PM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

I say commit it, the task system is your baby, nobody knows it better than you!
Old 10-03-2008, 04:18 PM
Derision
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavedude View Post
I say commit it, the task system is your baby, nobody knows it better than you!
I've committed this, along with a couple of changes to help try to diagnose the problem reported by Joligario (I changed #task show to output the Task Description, and also lowererd the required status to use the #task command (down to 150 from 250), since I currently couldn't use it on TGC )
Old 10-03-2008, 03:37 PM
Derision
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derision View Post
This is on TGC ? I don't have a character high enough level to get the task there, unless Cavedude wants to level up character Derisiondwarf, account Derision to level 12 so I can go and test it on there . Assuming it's not a client issue, I can put some additional debug commands in to try and isolate the cause.
I have tried this on TGC now (thanks Cavedude) and am seeing the same thing Joligario is seeing with truncated text, so it is definitely not client related. I'll do some more investigation.