Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 10-14-2008, 09:47 PM
cohaagen
Fire Beetle

Default How to change AA starting level

I have the ax classic database installed. I know that you need to be lvl 51 before you can even start to put xp into AA's, and I need to know how to change this from 51 to a lower lvl (like lvl 10).
Old 10-14-2008, 11:22 PM
paaco
Discordant

In the altadv_vars table there is a field called 'class_type'. That is the level that every aa is available for purchase. I have no clue whether changing this lower than 51 will work or not. I have changed some lvl 55 aa's to 51 and they move to the general tab and work just fine. Hope this helps or gets you moving in the right direction at least.
Old 10-15-2008, 09:41 AM
cohaagen
Fire Beetle

Changing the class_type indeed does change the required level for that AA, but it will not let you put EXP into AA points. I am trying to allow AAs to begin at level 10, and if I change the class_type to 10, then I still cannot put EXP towards AAs even if my char is level 10. Any suggestions?
Old 10-15-2008, 10:26 AM
Andrew80k
Dragon

I think that it is a limitation of the client. You can get AA's at lower levels but you can't apply XP toward AA's until 51. If you want to give AA's at lower level you'll need to do it with the quest commands. There was some discussion about this several months ago. You might search around and find the original thread and it might give you some more information.
Old 10-15-2008, 12:52 PM
Bulle
Hill Giant

If you change this there is something else you most probably will have to tune too : it is the XP required to gain an AA. At the moment it is equivalent to the XP between level 51 and 52, about 24 million. Each level 52 mob nets you about 680K, which means about 35 level 52 mobs for an AA.

At level 10 a mob nets you about 26K XP. You can easily make the calculation... XP is exponential.

This is based on some computations I did from the formulas in the server. They may be off but they seemed not too inconsistent back then.
Old 10-16-2008, 12:05 AM
MNWatchdog
Hill Giant

Make AA tokens drop off mobs that are turned into a quest NPC for AA XP.

Different level/range of mobs give different AA XP tokens for different amounts of AA XP.
Old 10-16-2008, 12:23 AM
ChaosSlayer
Demi-God

funny thing but i have opposite issue. I want to PREVENT players from ever getting AA XP =) and only give it out via quest reward

I was thinking if I sett AA Xp modifier in Db Rules to 0 - will that do that?