Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Database/World Building

Development::Database/World Building World Building forum, dedicated to the EQEmu MySQL Database. Post partial/complete databases for spawns, items, etc.

Old 08-25-2008, 11:46 AM
laxative
Hill Giant

Default Improving the Paladin (and one other request)

Greetings,

Having played the paladin since Beta, of course I'm playing one on my own server. I've been working on several items, I wanted to post one near complete success, maybe some one can point me to the place where I can finish it.

Basically my version of the Paladin is 1h/shield. So I modified the class starting and ending 1hs cap. Using Angelox's database and Navicat

Open the Database
Open the tables
Open skill_caps table
1hs is Skill 1
Paladin is Class 3
Set your caps as you deem fit, since paladins get 1hs at level one you don't have to change class_skill table.

Problem:
My toon now has the max skill at the correct level, when I click on a guildmaster for training my current skill level shows, however when I click on skills from my character screen my 1hs figure is incorrect and RED in color.
Does anyone know why this is happening.

Aslo could I have an admin move my discipline thread to maybe this forum, or whatever the correct forum is. I figured it would be this one since it's world building, The thread is here: http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/showthread.php?t=25988

Thank you.
Old 08-25-2008, 01:16 PM
Bulle
Hill Giant

It is a limitation of the EQ client (amongst others). The maximum scores shown in the Skills window are hard-coded for your class/level. I did not know that you could see your actual score at the Guildmaster though. That's a good tip.

In any case, whether you see your score in the Skills window or not the actual (higher) skill value is used by the server for all computations, so it is only a "minor" visual glitch.
Old 08-25-2008, 01:42 PM
laxative
Hill Giant

Thanks for the response,

You said (amonst others)

and the more I read the forum and wiki, it seems there are a lot more client restraints that I originally thought,

do you know offhand if these particulars might be as well:

Class Skills; like can I ever get my pally to dual weild?

Disciplines; again Paladin Defensive, just a pipe dream? (yeah I can make a custom item with the effect, done it already)

changing around AA's just a few that I felt pallies missed out on :0

Thanks again.
Old 08-26-2008, 01:32 PM
Bulle
Hill Giant

Dual wield : no chance. I tried and the client enforces the regular EQ rule. You cannot equip the second weapon.
Disciplines I have not tried.
The AA availability is defined in the database so it's worth a try. I think I did something back then and it seemed to work.
Old 08-27-2008, 09:36 AM
laxative
Hill Giant

Thanks again B,

I like that my skills are working thats a step in the right direction at least.
Last night I made a newbie ogre warrior. Besides the obvious strength differences the warrior at level 4 seems to be already hitting much more often than the paladin. I assume this is in the combat formulae somewhere.

I've downloaded the server source (thanks angelox for the good updates) I'll be digging into that later.

I'm not really too concerned with dual weild, though I always wanted Kick.=)

My next step is to bring the paladin's AND warrior combat effectiveness up a bit Hopefully.
Old 08-30-2008, 06:00 PM
steve
Discordant

A long time ago on Live, any class used to be able to have any skill. I remember having Track and Lay Hands as a Monk. There were issues with it though, and it was decided to disable the ability to give out other class skills.

It can be overrided now with AAs though, as demonstrated with the Forage skill being available to all classes... Forage uses the actual skill button Forage and not just the AA hotkey. Maybe there's a way around it with a custom AA?
Old 08-30-2008, 07:54 PM
laxative
Hill Giant

I will look into the AA method I hadn't thought of that.

The problem I can see already is AA's are almost all linked to spell like abilities.
Most of the AA's have a spell or scroll effect linked to them.

But having lay hands on the monk would mean it was definately overriding the client, do you think this was before or AFTER the titanium release client?

If it was done after the titanium release then we might have something to work with, but done before titanium probably means the reverted the code back on the client.

Interesting point though I will check it out.
Old 08-31-2008, 10:11 PM
steve
Discordant

Lay Hands & Track on the Monk was back before even Velious UI. I have no idea if it's worked since then. The Forage AA links to the Forage skill, so maybe you can make a 'LoH' AA that links to the Lay Hands spell?