Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 06-08-2008, 11:33 AM
HurtinuDaily
Hill Giant

Default Database Question

I am working on a all in one database tool and I have a few questions if anyone knows the answer. (I know there are lots of tools already but I want to learn VB and figured starting a project that I would be interested in would help make it more painless)

what is the purpose of the lootdrop table I understand how Loottable, loottable_entries, lootdrop_entries works, just not the 2 column lootdrop table. Is it required for making a new loot table or loot drop entry?

when creating a new item, npc or spawngroupID is there a specific range of ID's that should be used when creating them (maybe a standard) or just search for the next unused number and create them using that?

To me it looks like say ID in NPC_types doesn't auto increment, and I correct?

Thanks in advance.

Pic of my project
Old 06-08-2008, 03:32 PM
xxarthurxx
Hill Giant

from what I know, the loot table id must be different for each npcs if you wish their drops to be different.. ie 2 different loot drop ids with different %s. If you want 2 npcs to have the same exact loot give them the same loot table id, but if you want them to be different in anyway you must generate a new id for that difference.
Old 06-08-2008, 04:20 PM
trevius
Developer

The lootable doesn't actually have any items directly tied to it. It is there to hold 1 or more lootdrop tables, which can make creating complete lootables much easier. The way it works is you create a loot table for an NPC, then you can create lootdrop tables of that loot table. The loot drop tables are the ones that actually have loot tied directly to them. The reason for this is so you can have multiple lootables in a zone so that all mobs have different loot on them, but if you wanted to add 1 group of items (maybe quest drops) for all mobs in the zone to have, you only need to make 1 loot drop table for that and add that table to all of the loot tables in the zone. It makes it really easy to set certain drops for certain mobs without having to build each loot table completely from scratch.

If you try out GeorgeS' NPC Loot Editor, you will see exactly how it works and it should be much easier to understand.

For the NPC Types, and other spawn related IDs, it is probably good to have the option to either use the next available, or to set a range of IDs to use or to start at. The range of IDs should make it easier to keep custom content separate from other databases.

As far as I know, I think NPC_Types auto increments, but you would need to look at how the ID field is built to find out for sure.
Old 06-08-2008, 05:02 PM
HurtinuDaily
Hill Giant

I think you both missed my question, what does the the lootdrop table with only 2 columns do?? i.e.

ID Name
0 1_A_Decaying_Skeliton_Wear
1 1_A_Decaying_Skeliton_Trade

as far as NPC_Types ID, I tried it myself and figured it out. Thanks
Old 06-08-2008, 05:21 PM
Bulle
Hill Giant

It does not do much per se, in that it does not add any useful information for the server program. It is there to list the lootdrop IDs that exist, and provide some nice comment for each lootdrop. I guess if you replace the name by anything (like the name of your dog) it would work the same. Still the lootdrop entry for each lootdrop ID has to be there or the server will fail.

So if you need to add a new lootdrop ID, insert a row there and put whatever name you feel like. If you abide by this rule your tool should work fine.
Old 06-08-2008, 05:48 PM
HurtinuDaily
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulle View Post
It does not do much per se, in that it does not add any useful information for the server program. It is there to list the lootdrop IDs that exist, and provide some nice comment for each lootdrop. I guess if you replace the name by anything (like the name of your dog) it would work the same. Still the lootdrop entry for each lootdrop ID has to be there or the server will fail.

So if you need to add a new lootdrop ID, insert a row there and put whatever name you feel like. If you abide by this rule your tool should work fine.

Thanks, that answers my question exactly.