Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Tools

Development::Tools 3rd Party Tools for EQEMu (DB management tools, front ends, etc...)

Old 03-03-2007, 09:33 AM
cylocke
Fire Beetle

Default editor trouble

I have to first set the path in cmd to get this to work correctly
mysql -u root mysql -p

when prompted for the password to get to the mysql prompt the password was denied, I did check winmysqladmin to see what the password was I did enter it in correctly
even tried changing it, I'm stuck on this part of it.

any ideas?
Old 08-21-2007, 03:56 PM
gernblan
Discordant

Curious, what license is the editor released under?

I mean if someone makes changes to it and wants to share them, is that allowed?
Jest 4 Server
Linux (Jest3 runs on Fedora, our Dev servers usually run on Ubuntu and/or Gentoo), OC-12 Connection = Hella Fast
Old 08-22-2007, 11:17 AM
John Adams
Demi-God

I change it all the time, but I do not share. That's the kinda guy I am. :p

I see no license info, but the ProjectEQ site will likely have more info. I believe it's their editor.
Old 08-24-2007, 10:47 AM
gernblan
Discordant

My copy is also heavily (and I mean heavily) modified.

I cannot help but think that it would benefit everyone if we actually had a place to share all of our "changes". From what i could gather from posting on their forums, PEQ seems only to be interested in making it compatible with their database. They don't seem to be all that concerned about what happens once you download their db and add content of your own to it. New spawns, for example, break it and won't show up without doing a mod to the editor (due to the fact that new spawns don't get assigned an NPCID that fits into their "range of zonenumber+0..999" focus). In other words, they key on NPCID (which is silly) rather than zone the mob is spawned in (which makes sense). There's a thread about it I started. Cavedude told me no, won't fix it in the default distrib, the editor is working as intended.

I guess I'm just not getting it.
Jest 4 Server
Linux (Jest3 runs on Fedora, our Dev servers usually run on Ubuntu and/or Gentoo), OC-12 Connection = Hella Fast

Last edited by gernblan; 08-24-2007 at 06:50 PM..
Old 08-24-2007, 10:54 AM
gernblan
Discordant

I meant zonenumber+000..999 sorry... by the time I noticed that typo, my 5 minutes of editing my post grace expired.
Jest 4 Server
Old 08-24-2007, 11:40 AM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

I replied to your post, but basically after some testing your way does cause noticeable slow downs on machines with heavy load. When dealing with PHP you want things as fast as possible and an extra query will not do that.

I understand the issue concerning the IDs, and I'd assume other people would have the same issue. For that, feel free to distribute your change. That's the beauty of open source, if you need the program to do something other than what the author had intended, you can.

People who create mobs out of game using the editor or queries would benefit from the stock way. It creates a more tidy db and as I said the editor performs better under heavy loads. Those who rather build in-game would most certainly benefit from your change, which for many people is a lot more user friendly.
Old 01-02-2011, 08:54 PM
Fasthand
Fire Beetle

Sound like interesting but me and my bro give up after 3 days of trying to get the server to answer us somethign else then "It Worked!"

documentation is way pass date!
Old 01-03-2011, 12:48 AM
Expletus
Hill Giant

In reference to the editor? Shoot me a PM and I'll walk you through the steps I did for it to work.
Old 01-08-2011, 11:54 AM
wolfwalkereci
Discordant

Finally got it working. Had two errors come up for me. One was telling me something about authentication which after searching google I found this solution to:
Code:
SET PASSWORD FOR root@localhost = OLD_PASSWORD('mypass');
Then it would give me a error on line 90 of mysql.php in the classes folder.
So I just deleted the whole section listed here:
Code:
 // Deter UNION SQL Injection
if (stripos($value, 'union')) {
logSQL("SQL injection monitored by user at IP: '" . getIP() . "' using the query: '" . $value . "'.");
header ("Location: index.php");
exit;
}
I can login and hopefully have no more issues.
Note- I attempted to follow the walk through as close as I could, which included google searching and downloading the older apache and php.
Old 11-15-2019, 01:39 PM
Riklin
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by cylocke View Post
I have to first set the path in cmd to get this to work correctly
mysql -u root mysql -p

when prompted for the password to get to the mysql prompt the password was denied, I did check winmysqladmin to see what the password was I did enter it in correctly
even tried changing it, I'm stuck on this part of it.

any ideas?
This has to do with how you set up mysql, or if you used Akka's installer, go look at your eqemu_config.json file in your server folder, for the password and userid mysql is set up to use. IF you installed MYSQL (mariadb?) on your own, then you need to use whatever password you used to set it up.
Old 11-15-2019, 09:18 PM
chrsschb
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riklin View Post
This has to do with how you set up mysql, or if you used Akka's installer, go look at your eqemu_config.json file in your server folder, for the password and userid mysql is set up to use. IF you installed MYSQL (mariadb?) on your own, then you need to use whatever password you used to set it up.
I hope he figured it out after 12 years.
Old 02-08-2010, 10:36 AM
Shadow Wizard
Fire Beetle

Ok, I am having allot of problems with this. Its proably because I don't understand the directions. It tells me to download all this stuff, and doesn't even tell me what machine to download it onto (Running the server on linux, and do all the admin work from a windows machine) Needless to say, I have downloaded both of the extras, on both machines (would like to know if they are needed on my windows machine) and sourced the file into the database, and I still get this in firefox:

set('javascript', $javascript); $tmpl->set('headbar', $headbar); $tmpl->set('searchbar', $searchbar); $tmpl->set('breadcrumbs', $breadcrumbs); $tmpl->set('body', $body); echo $tmpl->fetch('templates/index.tmpl.php'); ?>

There must be something I am missing. Some help please.

I thought I would also add that for kicks, I tried it on the linux machine. It simply wants to save the file (index.php)
Old 02-24-2010, 10:18 PM
aronnov
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Wizard View Post
Ok, I am having allot of problems with this. Its proably because I don't understand the directions. It tells me to download all this stuff, and doesn't even tell me what machine to download it onto (Running the server on linux, and do all the admin work from a windows machine) Needless to say, I have downloaded both of the extras, on both machines (would like to know if they are needed on my windows machine) and sourced the file into the database, and I still get this in firefox:

set('javascript', $javascript); $tmpl->set('headbar', $headbar); $tmpl->set('searchbar', $searchbar); $tmpl->set('breadcrumbs', $breadcrumbs); $tmpl->set('body', $body); echo $tmpl->fetch('templates/index.tmpl.php'); ?>

There must be something I am missing. Some help please.

I thought I would also add that for kicks, I tried it on the linux machine. It simply wants to save the file (index.php)

I have the exact same error. anyone have any tips or updated step by step instructions?
Old 03-23-2010, 12:36 AM
Pirate123
Fire Beetle

ok im getting an error that says

Warning: mysql_connect(): Client does not support authentication protocol requested by server; consider upgrading MySQL client in C:\Web\classes\mysql.php on line 6
Could not connect: Client does not support authentication protocol requested by server; consider upgrading MySQL client

it was working before then i accidently changed the eq user password to something else, but changed it back to eq, and now its refusing to work. any ideas?
Old 03-24-2010, 02:54 PM
Dunmord
Fire Beetle

To all those who have troubles logging, follow this procedure. It will give admin access to anyone who enters the PEQ Admin(no matter the username and password).

a) Look for a folder named "classes"(inside your PEQ-Admin folder).
b) Make a backup of the file session.php
c) Open file session.php with your favorite text editor(not WordPad).
d) Locate these 3 functions: logged_in(), check_authorization() and is_admin().
e) Replace whatever those functions have with:
return true; (yes, the semi-colon too)

Here's an example of how should they look...
function logged_in(){
return true;
}

f) save the file