Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-03-2009, 10:51 AM
krystlih
Fire Beetle

Question EQ - hardcore

Hey Guys,

There is something I've wanted to do for a long time but just now am getting around to attempting it. I'm going to try to create what I call "Everquest Hardcore". Obviously making use of EQEMU and the public databases out there (right now I use PEQ database). To explain further I'll bullet out what I would consider the "features" of this server:

- Severe Death Penalty (Reduced to level 1 when you die)
- Ressurection spells are reduced (35% at level 50, 50% at level 59)
- Progression based (at release will be classic, and expansions will be released later)
- A new item has been created (Divine Talisman) which offers a 100% EXP res which can drop off really hard mobs and/or Raid mobs (1 charge magic/lore)
- Raid mobs will be tuned somewhat (Deathtouch removed, etc) to prevent unfair deaths
- NO DROP removed from all items (a'la Firona vie)
- Considering working out a "Pristine" system where when you loot an item it removes any level requirements for you, but if you trade the item the level requirements comes back.
- EXP rate has been increase 3-4x what it is on LIVE for faster leveling
- Skillups increased 3-4x the rate they are on LIVE

So as of right now, I have modified the server code for the death penalty and it works fine. I've also got a lot of the features already in my server.

My question to you guys is:

Would this be something you'd be interested in? Before I put a lot more effort into doing some of the more tedious tasks I want to know if there would be somewhat of a draw for this.

Obviously the draw here is that there is a lot more at risk when you take a risk whether its pushing your group limits in a dungeon, or pushing your guild limits on a raid. The reward is that hopefully with this server the elite will be few and far between. Sure everyone will continue to progress even after they die, they will keep their equipment and can use that to level quicker the next time, plus with the increased exp rate getting back shouldn't be horrible, but death will be painful.

So what do you guys think?