Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Tools

Development::Tools 3rd Party Tools for EQEMu (DB management tools, front ends, etc...)

Old 12-14-2011, 07:35 PM
pepsiphreak79
Sarnak

i just moved mine to another box just had to alter a few bats to new dir i posted them in read me thenhad to fix all the shortcuts i use and for georges tools re run the ocx registers and was good
heidi sql is what i have been using to edit the sql as for upgrading im still having issues getting the 2087 up . i don thtink it likes the sql im using that repack uses sql 5.5 and perl 5.10.. i wouldnt update the sql to far cause some of the new sql they released requires the new world and zone .exe's to work with them...
Old 01-02-2012, 05:29 AM
pepsiphreak79
Sarnak

New Magnet link for torrent
Code:
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:021F89236BF6412818998701FF93645C02617864&dn=eqemu-rev2068-wbots-wcore-wdb-wquests_unmodified_repack_nomaps.zip&tr=udp%3a//tracker.openbittorrent.com%3a80/announce

Last edited by pepsiphreak79; 01-02-2012 at 05:29 AM.. Reason: codr quote
Old 01-04-2012, 09:56 PM
EQstarr
Sarnak

How's it coming with the latest release? I'd like to try the latest with the fixes done to the bots.
Old 01-13-2012, 04:34 PM
dew1960
Sarnak

Thanks for posting your repack. I have been trying to compile my own but since ActivePerl 5.10 is no longer legally avaialable and I have no way to get it, I am stuck with the current version of activeperl 5.14 which does not work right now when compiling (at least for me).

I got the server up and running after I stopped my running version of mysql service. It looks like the repack is set up for offline play. If you do another repack, can you include a folder for public setup with the files needed to replace the ones for offline and maybe a readme to explain how and what needs to be changed to make it public. Thank you again!
Old 02-02-2012, 05:26 PM
Sourdough35
Hill Giant

this pack is amazing super newbie friendly for someone who barely understands how this all works. i even clicked my hardware disable button on my wireless adapter while playing and it kept right on going. i can run my own server by myself, log in, log out, and super easy to set up.

question though - since this database is slightly older, is there also a simple way to update it with the latest PEQ versions? or does that require all the difficult steps in the various faqs i've read?

if it can't be updated easily can you confirm whether this version still has the incorrect quest database included? and what does that mean? im able to accept quests so it seems fine.
Old 02-10-2012, 01:27 AM
Sourdough35
Hill Giant

Is there a way to take this repack update the database? PEQ is up to version 2100. I believe I was able to update the emu by just dropping the updated files into the folder, but the database seems tougher.
Old 02-10-2012, 01:46 AM
sorvani
Dragon

You can compare your DB with the PEQ DB and then generate an update script to update your DB. There are tools that can do this for you out on the net. of course anything you have customized would have to be redone.
Old 02-10-2012, 09:26 AM
provocating
Demi-God

http://www.peqtgc.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=13048
Old 02-10-2012, 11:46 AM
Sourdough35
Hill Giant

Well that's just fantastic. I'm sorry, I had seen that earlier but didn't know what it was. I'm quite new to all of this. Looks like I can just load in r2100 and get things going.

Now, if only I could figure out how to set up my eqemulator files to actually connect properly, I'd be set.
Old 02-11-2012, 05:19 AM
Sourdough35
Hill Giant

I guess I'm still confused. I know how to load up my PEQ DB from MySQL but it seems like your portable DB has to load through another instance of MySQL? Is there a different .exe I should be running from the portable folder and then trying to load the DB? I'm not sure what to do with that.