Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Packetcollector

Support::Packetcollector Any PacketCollector related problems or questions should be posted here.

Old 07-05-2008, 05:27 AM
KLS
Administrator

#opcode should reload all opcodes
Old 07-06-2008, 03:47 AM
trevius
Developer

Well, I tried #opcode and it doesn't seem to reload any saved changes to my .conf files for opcodes. I still get an Unknown message about opcodes that I have assigned in the config file and saved.
Old 07-06-2008, 03:50 AM
KLS
Administrator

yeah my mistake it's #opcode reload it should give you a client message about reloading all opcode patches.
Old 07-06-2008, 04:00 AM
trevius
Developer

Thanks, I actually just found that out while experimenting a little after posting that lol. Was just about to come and post the correction.

After figuring that out, I was about to get /zone to work for GMs instead of only #zone working.

Here are the changes to get /zone working. Still working on figuring out more.
Code:
#GM/guide opcodes
OP_GMServers=0x3387		#/servers
OP_GMBecomeNPC=0x0000		#/becomenpc 0x7864
OP_GMZoneRequest=0x1306	#/zone 
OP_GMSearchCorpse=0x3c32	#/searchcorpse
OP_GMHideMe=0x15b2		#/hideme
OP_GMGoto=0x1cee		#/goto
OP_GMDelCorpse=0x0b2f		#/delcorpse
OP_GMApproval=0x0c0f		#/approval
OP_GMToggle=0x7fea		#/toggletell
OP_GMZoneRequest2=0x244c
OP_GMSummon=0x1edc		#/summon
OP_GMEmoteZone=0x39f2		#/emotezone
OP_GMEmoteWorld=0x3383		#/emoteworld (not implemented)
OP_GMFind=0x5930		#/find		
OP_GMKick=0x692c		#/kick
OP_GMNameChange=0x0000
Also, it seems that the #opcode reload only works on a per zone basis. So, you have to reload it in each zone you want to work on opcodes in.
Old 07-07-2008, 06:07 PM
TheLieka
Developer

That's awesome Trev. I hope that I can get some free time soon - I'd LOVE to come help with OpCodes, it was the last one thing for which I had been trying to make time.

Keep rocking it out, THESE are the things that have been holding back this project from becoming polished. Muchos Kudos!

Dax

Former ServerOp - Vallon Zek / Tallon Zek Emu Server - Legit / Guild PvP - (2007 - 2011 RIP)
Old 07-08-2008, 04:36 AM
KLS
Administrator

Took forever to figure out the correct byte order to get everything to work but finally got the CRC working on live packets and if I can CRC them I can decode them... eventually.

Code:
Request session reply(0x0002) found, stream between You and
Server(199.108.9.205:9000)
SessionID = 248095750
Key = 1415749637
MaxSize = 512
CRC Len = 2
FormatFlag = 1
This stream is compressed
This stream is not encoded
00 02 06 A4 C9 0E 05 A0 62 54 02 01 00 00 02 00
00 00 00 00 02 00 6A 25 73 48 7A C6 06 00 3F 00
00 00 3F 00 00 00 14 00 9F 36 00 0C 41 4F E3 9C
00 18 F3 FB 8B A1 08 00 45 00 00 31 7F 19 00

packet passed CRC, SOEProtocol Opcode: 0x0007, key: 1415749637, packetlen: 21
packet passed CRC, SOEProtocol Opcode: 0x0008, key: 1415749637, packetlen: 28
packet passed CRC, SOEProtocol Opcode: 0x0009, key: 1415749637, packetlen: 46
packet passed CRC, SOEProtocol Opcode: 0x0003, key: 1415749637, packetlen: 41
packet passed CRC, SOEProtocol Opcode: 0x000d, key: 1415749637, packetlen: 149
On a live stream so hooray, im going to bed.

Last edited by KLS; 07-08-2008 at 12:38 PM..
Old 07-08-2008, 05:59 AM
trevius
Developer

Ooh, nice! Sounds like a very nice start. What are you using to get the packets from live? Wireshark?

Then, you are running a script to decode the packets?

Whatever it is, it sounds like a very handy tool when it is complete

If I had your knowledge, I could do some real damage :P For now, I will just keep fumbling around and researching. I imagine that getting the friends list and maybe even titles working wouldn't be way too hard. I think I have all of the needed opcodes, so it would be a matter of pulling out the names that are sent for the friends list and doing a who query on them for the client. And for Titles, I imagine we would need a new table that includes the Title name and multiple fields for requirements to meet (like total AAs, etc). I know friends list and titles seem small, but every little thing adds up IMO.

I know that one of the main ones everyone wants to see working are LDoN Adventures, including the points and merchant systems. This would probably be considerably more complex to get working. I think bazaar would be a really cool one as well. And, I don't even think bazaar would be all that hard to get working. Mainly, everything that /becomenpc does is what turning /trader mode on needs to do. Then, just have a table for items for sale, and maybe gather a couple more missing opcodes for purchases and stuff.

Still, getting any of these system working is over my head. Eventually I hope to understand the code well enough to get at least some working. I have already learned quite a bit since I first started looking at the code.
Old 07-08-2008, 05:30 PM
KLS
Administrator

I used pcap; in this winpcap and just made my own program; hardest part was getting emu code to work outside of the emu(could use some portability) and figuring out that ntohl() can change the byte order of const* data if I'm not careful. -.-

The biggest problem probably isn't the opcodes; even on titanium there's only a few opcodes missing here and there, changing structures is what is really hard. And is also why anniv is stalled; we have the opcodes to get in to the game but once you do everything is messed up because the structure of packets has significantly changed.
Old 07-08-2008, 07:35 PM
trevius
Developer

Ya, I figured that the packet structures were changing and causing issues as well.

So, if we do ever start working on getting anniversary edition or another version of EQ working, we have to update the opcodes in the .conf files, but we also have to update the /common/patches/<client version>_structs.h? Looks like maybe the /common/patches/<client version>.cpp might need to be updated as well.

In general, are the packet structure changes a complete restructure, or just minor changes that still keeps most of the previous packet structure in place? Or would the entire structure need to be redone from scratch for any that change?

Last night I made a discovery that I am sure some of you were already aware of, but I wasn't and I thought it was worth mentioning here; ShowEQ is still being updated and is current with EQLive! I had just assumed that ShowEQ was abandoned in 2003 or 2005 and was replaced by MQ. I know that much of the info in the opcodes .conf files was attained from ShowEQ. So, wouldn't ShowEQ be a useful tool in finding Opcodes and maybe packet structure as well? I would think that it might be a good packet collector for this project, but I could be wrong. Maybe even some of the source code in ShowEQ could be useful in updating the Emulator source to work with later versions of EQ.

I haven't found an archive of ShowEQ versions, so I don't know if there is a version that might work with Titanium or Anniversary Edition. But, I think the current one could be useful in maybe getting fully patched version of EQ working with the emu.

ShowEQ has install instructions for Redhat and Mandrake, but I run Debian, so I am still working to get it to compile properly. I have been able to get the ./configure to run, which is supposed to auto configure so that the make will run without errors, but the make is still erroring on pcab stuff. I will keep messing with it. Hopefully, once I get it running, I can find out more info on if it will be useful for this project or not.

I have already pulled many of the opcodes in the current Live version of ShowEQ and put them in my live.conf file. But, I haven't reset my server yet to see what results from that.

I am trying to look in every direction possible to find a helpful solution for getting the emu updated. Ultimately, I think it would be best if I could understand the output from IDA Pro, but I can't make much of that yet... So, I am trying it from other angles until I learn more.

Here is the link to the showeq website:

http://www.showeq.net/

It includes a link on that page to the current version of the source.
Old 07-09-2008, 02:08 PM
AndMetal
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevius View Post
Last night I made a discovery that I am sure some of you were already aware of, but I wasn't and I thought it was worth mentioning here; ShowEQ is still being updated and is current with EQLive! I had just assumed that ShowEQ was abandoned in 2003 or 2005 and was replaced by MQ. I know that much of the info in the opcodes .conf files was attained from ShowEQ. So, wouldn't ShowEQ be a useful tool in finding Opcodes and maybe packet structure as well? I would think that it might be a good packet collector for this project, but I could be wrong. Maybe even some of the source code in ShowEQ could be useful in updating the Emulator source to work with later versions of EQ.

I haven't found an archive of ShowEQ versions, so I don't know if there is a version that might work with Titanium or Anniversary Edition. But, I think the current one could be useful in maybe getting fully patched version of EQ working with the emu.
I actually brought this up in another post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndMetal View Post
Ah, the billion dollar question... How to find OpCodes

I've thought about this myself, and have run into a few roadblocks. Here are the possibilities I've thought of to get these bad boys from the client:
  1. Packet sniffing
  2. eqgame.exe
  3. Grabbing from old versions of SEQ

Option 1 wouldn't be too bad, except you have to decode the packets, which makes just using Ethereal, etc, not very helpful. I think there are some utilities in the server source (using Perl) to decode the packets, but I haven't personally messed with any. Ideally, you could just do something on the client, the look for an OpCode that seems out of place.

Option 2 would probably be the best way to dig out OpCodes, especially ones we have no idea about, but it requires a lot of work and knowledge about Assembly (which I don't). As linked above, there is some info in the Wiki that gives some general info about doing this, but it's a little above my head.

Option 3 would probably be the easiest way at this point, since the work has already been done. However, unless something was just overlooked in the original SEQ files, I'm pretty sure we have all of the Titanium OpCodes we can get from SEQ. It looks like the same goes for Anniversary edition. On the plus side, it gives us a good place to start for the Live client.

Of course, if it was going to be easy, everything would be working by now
All of the links at the bottom link to the OpCode files in the ShowEQ CVS/SVN repositories. This is where a lot of the OpCodes came from in the .conf files. Looking at the source (different files of course) from the same time, we should be able to find out at least some of the structures, if we don't know them already. However, taking a quick peek myself, I wasn't able to find any clear cut "structures" file, so it's probably all spread out through the source.

My Contributions to the Wiki
Old 07-09-2008, 03:54 PM
trevius
Developer

Thanks for the input AndMetal. I saw that post, but I guess I forgot about it lol.

I was looking for packet structure as well, because I assume they have to have at least some of it defined for showeq to be able to read data packets and pull what they need from them. From what I could tell, they do seem to have some kind of packet structure code, but it is done in a completely different format that what the emu uses. Someone with more code knowledge would have to look into that to see if there is anything useful, because I can't tell. Though, they did seem to have some info on systems that the emu still needs to get working, like bazaar, ldon, titles, and others.

I did finally get showeq running on my Debian box, but I need to move both PCs to share a hub so that the packets can be sniffed and I didn't want to do that last night since it would affect my players obviously. I will try to put a hub in the next time I reboot the server. Then, I can get a look at what it shows for Live at least. And see if there is anything useful coming into it.

I would still like to find the source for one of the eq packet collectors that were developed to help find all of this stuff. Maybe the packet decoding, compression and other stuff from the showeq source could be used to update the packet collector.
Old 07-09-2008, 09:35 PM
KLS
Administrator

Talked with fnw a little bit about this in regards to live he listed 3 steps that he would take to find out opcodes and structures for any given client:

1: Steal from showeq
2: eqopfinder used to be good at finding recognizable packets once you had a good foundation and that the info gained from showeq was probably enough.
3: after that just digging through logs with collector and trying to identify any OP_Unknowns.

Of course how well these methods work now is up in the air as well ...it's been a while.
Old 07-10-2008, 01:00 AM
trevius
Developer

So, other than eqopfinder, I think we might be on the right track so far. If only I could make heads or tails from the SEQ source for packet structure lol.
Old 07-10-2008, 01:00 PM
steve
Discordant

/keys appears to be 0x68c4. I don't see it in the Titanium Opcode file.

Also, /emoteworld and /delcorpse appear to have the correct opcodes, but do not work.
Old 07-10-2008, 06:07 PM
TheLieka
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve View Post
/emoteworld and /delcorpse appear to have the correct opcodes, but do not work.
That's just because no one has tied the OpCode into the appropriate function in the source. Since we already have #corpse delete and #emote world <colorid#>, someone just needs to go in and tie the opcode to those functions and be good to go.

The main current issue with the /blahblah client commands (as far as GM level commands) is that they're all flagged at the same level within the source. That is, if you can /zone, then you can also /summon. You would also be able to /delcorpse and /worldemote, etc. At some point, those client commands needs to be added to the commands table (or possibly a separate client_commands table) where permission levels can be assigned more granularly.

Dax

Former ServerOp - Vallon Zek / Tallon Zek Emu Server - Legit / Guild PvP - (2007 - 2011 RIP)