Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 09-12-2010, 02:28 AM
demen302
Fire Beetle

Is the website for the Hidden Forest down for a while? Just getting back into playing and i would like to get the custom files, but for a while all it says is it is down.
Old 09-12-2010, 09:01 AM
ChaosSlayerZ
Demi-God

its being relocated, but you can still access files
http://www.thehiddenforest.org/
Old 09-13-2010, 02:43 AM
Allizia
Fire Beetle

Server down for a bit or being moved to new host? Hasn't been showing up on the eqemu login server
Old 09-13-2010, 12:36 PM
ChaosSlayerZ
Demi-God

the server is fully active- 95 online
http://www.thehiddenforest.org/clone/online.php
Old 09-13-2010, 01:53 PM
wolfwalkereci
Discordant

Chaos you goober you do realize your response was 10hours after the other guys post.
Server did indeed crash last night / early this morning and most of us crazies went to sleep.
Old 09-13-2010, 05:55 PM
Lillu
Hill Giant

Finally you got some sleep :p

Long story short, I would like to take the opportunity to appologize for the lack of communication and for our web services being temporary down for the last few days. More details about how unlucky we were at our portal. Btw the downtime had nothing to do with the game server.
Old 11-11-2010, 08:57 AM
harney5
Fire Beetle

Just wanted to stop by the emulator forums and give another plug for the server that I've enjoyed playing on over the past 12 months ( kind've crazy I've stuck with one emu server for this long ).

The guild and I have been working on the current end zone in the raid scene for the past two months working with Vaion ( the creator of the zone ) and have been progressing through it enjoying the difficulty of the events and the creativity and strategy required. I raided on live through GoD and I've played on emulator servers for over 5 years, this zone is the best raid experience I've had on emulator, and had me reliving the 'sitting on the edge of my seat' moments that I used to have on live when we thought we were going to beat an encounter for the first time ( rathe event anyone? lol ).

The current high end zone on THF is one that any EQ raiding veteran would enjoy working through with a small raid ( we had 4 real life people each 3-4 boxing, think we were sitting with 16 characters with bots ). We beat two events tonight, but the par for tier 2 of this zone is a 15-20 minute encounter with main mobs, adds, ae's, item clicks at certain spots in the encounter, tank swapping, using warriors on some mobs, knights on other etc. The encounters are extremely interactive, and just enjoyable. I don't think Vaion will ever get the recognition he deserves with the great quality of a raid zone that he produced, but hopefully this is a small step in that direction.

Ended up taking us 7 attempts over a few different nights to finally learn and beat the hatchet event.

-Harney
Old 12-24-2010, 08:58 AM
Lillu
Hill Giant

Default Double exp for the Holidays

THF released lots of quality custom content since our latest update here. Please check out our portal for details. (click my sig)

I would like to share with you how nice our hub zones look like. Credits goes to Vaion <3

Also, we have double exp during the Holidays and a Xmas event going on! Merry Xmas everyone!

<3 Emu !!!
Old 06-28-2012, 05:42 AM
wolfwalkereci
Discordant

Four or Five of the servers listed as Legends Servers/Preferred Servers have a system in place for donations. Numerous Standard Servers have donation systems in place.
Some are bigger about it then others.