Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 04-12-2011, 08:38 PM
shamanistik
Sarnak

Default Problem with HP/mana regen

After building my newbie zone. I made a level 1 toon to test it out.

Problem : Out of fight (and probably in) the HP regen is messed up (probably mana too)

I think the problem is with that new "out of fight" regen icon, in the HP/Mana/name UI.

Anyone know that problem and what do I have to edit to fix it?

Thanks in advance !
Old 04-12-2011, 10:08 PM
Caryatis
Dragon

You probably could have been more vague but it would have been hard.
Old 04-12-2011, 10:41 PM
bad_captain
Developer

In other words, what exactly do you think the problem is (how is it "messed up"?, what is it doing?, what should it be doing?)?. These answers would be helpful in trying to come up with a solution, if there is one.
Old 04-13-2011, 01:46 AM
shamanistik
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caryatis View Post
You probably could have been more vague but it would have been hard.
Quote:
Problem : Out of fight (and probably in) the HP regen is messed up (probably mana too)
Normally out of fight, recently (might be 4 or 5 years) You regen faster. save the time between fights.
You have an icon on your top left if you didn't move it, that gets red while fighting, and after 30 secs when out of fights, become white. Then if you sit, the icon becomes Yellow and you regen faster (mana and HP)

But here, that icon never turn red. and when I sit it becomes yellow. I talked about that because it is possible the problem is here.

-------------------

So. When my level 2 paladin sits after fighting, he is at let's say 12/45 HP. it takes like 5 mins to heal to full. The HP just goes up from 12 to 16, then back to 12, over and over, until eventually it stays at 16.

-------------------

So now. english is not my primary language. but still.. saying it's messed up is probably enough for me. messed up means it don't work as intended no??
Since we talk about regen, it could be too slow or too fast. and it's probably the same table in the DB that need editing.

----------------

So anyone playing EQ knowing what's the regen out of combat is have a clue?
Old 04-13-2011, 02:19 AM
Funkey Monkey
Sarnak

What client are you on? titanium, sod, UF? That will make a big difference also might want to check Character:RestRegenTimeToActivate in rules to see if its set correctly..also Character:RestRegenPercent..just a few ideas
Old 04-13-2011, 03:45 AM
shamanistik
Sarnak

Underfoot client, thanks I'll try to find that tables
Old 04-13-2011, 10:21 PM
shamanistik
Sarnak

Changed the tables. had to active the Character:RestRegenTimeToActivate for out of combat regen it works, thanks a lot.

But a problem still.. even with a character healed to 100% and not fighting anything. the health drop down.. to 87% for a level 1, 90% for anything higher. Then it moves up and down, always in the 90's.
Same for Endurance and mana..

Any clue please?
Old 04-13-2011, 10:31 PM
realityincarnate
Developer

Try the Character:SoDClientUseSoDHPManaEnd rule. SoD and Underfoot use different formulas than the previous clients, so the client and server aren't come to the same value for max hp, etc.
Old 04-13-2011, 10:32 PM
Funkey Monkey
Sarnak

In the rules look for something like enablesodhpmana something like that. I'm at work and can't check exact name
Old 04-13-2011, 10:37 PM
shamanistik
Sarnak

Thanks a lot ! I had noticed this in the rules table, but since I am UD and not SoF I wasn't sure.

It fixed the HP, the mana goes from 100 to 99 losing 1 mana out of the 35000 pool so it's ok.
Endurance is still at 87%, strange.. but it's ok for now, I work on 1-10 newbie zone so it can wait.

Thanks a lot ! first beer is on me : )

EDIT : must comes from the really new items I placed on my GM. the other characters with self made items works fine.