Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Development

Development::Development Forum for development topics and for those interested in EQEMu development. (Not a support forum)

Old 07-14-2009, 04:06 PM
Yeormom
Discordant

Default EQemu Login Server

So, whats the story behind the random login server Kimmy? I like the EQEmuAuthCrypto.dll sneak attack! A pleasant surprise.
Old 07-14-2009, 04:50 PM
KLS
Administrator

I was gonna do it a long time ago but it got quiet and I lost the motivation to do it. Just got around to it, I don't see much harm in it, there's already an unfettered login out anyway.
Old 07-14-2009, 05:04 PM
Yeormom
Discordant

It is much appreciated because I've been developing against that "unfettered" login server in assembly for the past couple months. You've been on quite the coding spree lately so it seams.
Old 07-14-2009, 05:21 PM
gaeorn
Developer

KLS, were you going to create a makefile for linux or are you leaving that for us linux folks to do?
Old 07-14-2009, 05:39 PM
KLS
Administrator

Pretty much leaving it as it, I haven't actually gone through and compiled anything but the auth part in linux. Which is actually where I'm most concerned about supporting all the distros and setups with a binary.
Old 07-14-2009, 05:42 PM
gaeorn
Developer

Ok, then I'll see if I can toss one together. Tho I'll have to find a 32bit system to compile on since all of my servers are 64bit and cross compiling is a pain at best (tho it shouldn't be...).
Old 07-27-2009, 02:34 PM
pfyon
Discordant

Anyone with a bit more experience using make and g++ able to create a makefile for this?
Old 07-27-2009, 09:27 PM
gaeorn
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfyon View Post
Anyone with a bit more experience using make and g++ able to create a makefile for this?
I just added a makefile to svn. Also patched files to allow compiling under linux and converted the utf16 SQL files to ascii text.
Old 07-28-2009, 03:39 PM
pfyon
Discordant

Excellent, thanks gaeorn.
Old 07-31-2009, 10:49 PM
norsan
Banned

ok well i go this up and running but it seems it times out and removes all world servers from the list after being idle for 15-30 minutes any idea why?
Old 08-01-2009, 04:12 AM
norsan
Banned

also it should be noted the only client ive gottn to connect to the ls is SoF titanium doesnt seem to work
Old 08-02-2009, 02:55 PM
Sylaei
Hill Giant

I am unable to login using the eqemuloginserver. I have followed these instructions: http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka.php?wakka=ValesEQ and http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/sho...0&postcount=41 from nosfentora. I can't find any error messages in any log files about the no user account or incorrect password. Obviously the error message itself is from Everquest and not the emulator.

Created a server with 774 and revision 859 on the db. Also I have tried logging in with both Titanium and SOF.

Thanks

"The significant problems we have cannot be solved at the same level of thinking with which we created them."
Albert Einstein
Old 08-03-2009, 11:02 PM
Sylaei
Hill Giant

Ok, I'm going to admit that I don't know much about encryption but the only way I was able to login was to set my password as '11111111'. I had to use 8, 7 wouldn't work for me. A password with 8 chars wouldn't work, and a password with 8 2's would not work.

I assume that it must be some kind of fluke that this worked for me, but I wanted to mention it in case there was some error with the encryption.

Just a guess on my part.

"The significant problems we have cannot be solved at the same level of thinking with which we created them."
Albert Einstein
Old 08-04-2009, 11:40 AM
tnance1337
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylaei View Post
Ok, I'm going to admit that I don't know much about encryption but the only way I was able to login was to set my password as '11111111'. I had to use 8, 7 wouldn't work for me. A password with 8 chars wouldn't work, and a password with 8 2's would not work.

I assume that it must be some kind of fluke that this worked for me, but I wanted to mention it in case there was some error with the encryption.

Just a guess on my part.
Wow, I must say I didn't toy with any password under 8 characters before, but first password I created for 6 characters (4 numbers and 2 letters) worked. Not sure why 8 characters (all letters) didn't work before, but I don't really care so long as it works now. Thanks for the idea.
Old 08-05-2009, 10:29 AM
nosfentora
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylaei View Post

Just a guess on my part.
Do you mean you put the pw in plain-text as '11111111'? If so, you need to run a query
Code:
update tblLoginServerAccounts set AccountPassword=sha('<your password') where AccountName='<your account name>'