Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Bots

Development::Bots Forum for bots.

Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2007, 12:47 AM
tornar
Fire Beetle

Default nice idea!!

Hi magoth78, i have to say that it looks a nice idea, it would be great to have bots available for hire.
Old 04-25-2007, 09:23 AM
Magoth78
Discordant

Hello there,

I also like the idea a lot and that's why I've officially started to work on this project some days ago.

At the moment, I'm working on the bots inventory.

What I've made so far is :

- You loot an item
- You give it to a bot of your choice. If its race/class can equip the item, it places the loot in its inventory (in the right slot) and then, it equips this item. If it has already an item in the same slot, the old item will be remplaced by the new one.
Once the item is in the bot's inventory, the bots stats will change immediatly depending of the item stats.

I will also make the bots showing them wearing the stuffs they have in their personnal inventory.

g'nite,
Mag
-- EQoffline/bots
Old 04-26-2007, 01:12 AM
Arex
Hill Giant

Smile

hey Magoth78, it is great to see anybody working on a idea like this. It would give a lot of life to offline servers.

Thank you for try it.
Old 04-26-2007, 05:39 AM
Elysius
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magoth78
Hello there,

I also like the idea a lot and that's why I've officially started to work on this project some days ago.

At the moment, I'm working on the bots inventory.

What I've made so far is :

- You loot an item
- You give it to a bot of your choice. If its race/class can equip the item, it places the loot in its inventory (in the right slot) and then, it equips this item. If it has already an item in the same slot, the old item will be remplaced by the new one.
Once the item is in the bot's inventory, the bots stats will change immediatly depending of the item stats.

I will also make the bots showing them wearing the stuffs they have in their personnal inventory.

g'nite,
Mag
So will you get back the old item or does it disappear? Also, what do you plan on doing with No Drop items, just the same thing?

This project looks awesome.
Old 04-26-2007, 08:01 AM
Magoth78
Discordant

Hello,

In the actual state, if you give an item to one of your bot, the old item is remplaced (and it's lost) and the new is equiped by the bot.

About the No-drop items, you can give a nodrop to one of your bot. I don't feel like coding the bots so they can loot for you

G'nite,
Mag
-- EQoffline/bots

Last edited by Magoth78; 04-26-2007 at 04:04 PM..
Old 04-26-2007, 05:57 PM
Arex
Hill Giant

Quote:
In the actual state, if you give an item to one of your bot, the old item is remplaced (and it's lost) and the new is equiped by the bot.
It is enought good, i think.
Old 04-27-2007, 10:30 PM
Magoth78
Discordant

I've finished to work on the bot's inventory. Everything seems to work as it should.

You can see the updates at : http://eqoffline.free.fr

G'day,
Mag
-- EQoffline/bots
Old 04-28-2007, 02:18 AM
Zard
Sarnak

Thumbs down

Very excited about this feature as its hard to duel box on a home PC when you are already using it to run your server & play from as well. Looking forward to seeing how to impliment into my current game. Someone give this guy his own forum category

Thanks for the efforts and continued updates Magoth78
Old 01-14-2008, 03:33 AM
Richardo
Banned

Hi, I would like to make modifications to this system and I would like to know if this is possible or not with your creation.

I will give an example server.

On this server, I want players to be able to create a guild. Now once they have created their guild, they then have the choice to add 3 bots to their guild choosing any class and race (after which they cannot ever change what they have chosen). These bots can be utilized by any of the guild members.
Also, the bots would begin at level 1 and it would be the guild members responsibility to level these bots. Here is a command list idea of what im talking about..

#guildbot list -Lists bots accordingly to class, race and level.
<GuildName> Bot List
23 Warrior, Barbarian ID:242
42 Cleric, Dwarf ID: 243
12 Rogue, Dwarf ID: 244

#guildbot summon id -Summons the bot ONLY if you're in the zone in which it was created.

#guildbot create class race -Creates one of the 3 allowed bots in the guild.
(Only for the leader.)

I don't know if I am dreaming but I think this would be very cool to allow members to add bots to their guild.
Old 04-04-2008, 08:17 PM
Jest
Fire Beetle

I was wondering, if using the EQofflince binaries broke #peqzone ?
I am getting a command unrecognized error now. Command is still listed in the DB.

Also, thank you Magoth78
Old 04-04-2008, 10:12 PM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

#peqzone is NOT in the stock EQEmu builds. I only keep it on Grand Creation because one day I plan to use it as a reward of some sort. You can find an older version of the code on the wiki, though I should update it to use the new zoning format Wildcard created.

Last edited by cavedude; 04-05-2008 at 06:14 AM..
Old 04-05-2008, 08:25 AM
KateSilverleaf
Fire Beetle

Good to see there is so much work going on, I do have a few questions though for Congdar.

1) Am I the only one who can't access the files, it's still prompts me for a user/pass when I try to download them.

2) Do you plan on merging the changes in to bring the version up to 1103 before you release your next bug fixes?
Closed Thread