Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Bots

Development::Bots Forum for bots.

Closed Thread

Old 05-26-2007, 07:13 PM
mattmeck

How hard would it be to have them **listen* in group?

Like you state "assist me on this rat" then they assist you on that, "off tank to a_Snake" then the pally or SK goes to that.

Make the player like a general, to distribute the bots.

Another this is, can you tag them as MA, SA etc? like send them a tell, "main healer" "main tank" "off tank" to have them learn there roles?

Having the enchanter auto mezz adds would be nice, but what about unmezzable mobs? need to off tank them, and allowing the players to decide what to do when would add a more **realistic** feel to the bots.
Old 05-27-2007, 05:35 AM
kouhei
Hill Giant

Talking hehe

heck with a program like these bots soon we real lfe humans won't be needed. The BOTS will take over and do everything.

Take a look you know you want to click on this site.
Old 05-27-2007, 07:49 AM
Elysius
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattmeck
How hard would it be to have them **listen* in group?

Like you state "assist me on this rat" then they assist you on that, "off tank to a_Snake" then the pally or SK goes to that.

Make the player like a general, to distribute the bots.

Another this is, can you tag them as MA, SA etc? like send them a tell, "main healer" "main tank" "off tank" to have them learn there roles?

Having the enchanter auto mezz adds would be nice, but what about unmezzable mobs? need to off tank them, and allowing the players to decide what to do when would add a more **realistic** feel to the bots.
I am really really hoping for something like this.
Old 05-27-2007, 08:01 AM
Magoth78
Discordant

Hello there,

Mattmeck, this is very interesting.

Making them listening the leader shouldn't be too hard to do.
Giving orders to the bots is what I'm doing automatically depending of situations. Theses methods are defined in their respectives AIs.

Like you say, another option would be to directly give orders to the bots wich would give a strategic dimension. Now, the only issue I see on this is that you would play more as a commander than a player. Even if the orders stay very simples like "assist me on %target", "off-tank1 on %target", "mez %target", etc.. you would spend more time to give order than fighting.
But that's an interesting option.

Concerning the possibility to tag them. That's what I'm actually thinking about. I think that's the only way to work with raid bots. Yes because there will be a gestion of more than one single group and you will have to assign tasks, main tank, off-tanks, etc..
As an example, if you want to have 4 groups, you would have to:
- create the groups
- make the bots joigning their group
- assign each leader (there will be 4 leaders: you and 3 bots)
- give "general" tasks to other groups leaders like, for example, "Assist g1/2/3/4", "Guard the place", "follow g1/2/3/4", etc... I can do that with the #commands so it's easier to bind the keyboard keys.

Concerning the enchanters being able to mez the mobs. As the unmezzable mobs can't be mezz'd, the enchanter must first check the "mezzability" of its target. If it's mezzable, then it will mez. Else, it will pass to the next mob. Once all the engaged mobs have been checked, the enchanter can start to make some damage on the main target.
Now, yes, I can (and it would be easier) to make it so the leader decides when a bot can mez the target. The #commands could be "cc1/2/3/4/.. mezz my target %target".

Kouhei, the bots will always need us to fix the bugs we have coded in them, so don't worry
-- EQoffline/bots
Old 05-30-2007, 05:10 AM
ArChron
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magoth78
Hello there,

For the dmg calculation, I would like to take into consideration:
- the lvl of the bot
- the class
- the atk/delay ratio of a weapon (1h, dual wield and 2h)
- the str/dex/agi depending of the class
- any other criteria ?

For an example and for a warrior with 100str, I've tried:

For a 1hand weap in the primary melee slot:
Code:
( (atk/delay)*(str/3) ) + lvl
For a 1hand weapon in the secondary melee slot:
Code:
( (atk/delay)*(str/3) ) + (lvl*0.33)
At lvl10, with a 10/30 weapon, the warrior would deal as its max melee output:
primary: 14dmg

At lvl20,
primary: 18dmg

at lvl50,
primary: 27dmg

wich isn't accurate at all..

This is just an example to show how bad are my maths and what the issue is : to find a correct formula for the melee bot.
Does the delay factor into frequency of attack in the Emu? If my weapon's delay is 10 and yours is 40, do I attack 4 times as often (all other things being equal)? If so, delay should be factored out. IIRC, the damage/delay is a rating method for comparing the potential of weapons.

Bot level as an additive factor for damage should probably become a multiplier, but maybe not a full multiplier (a lvl 10 bot need not do 10 times as much damage as a level 1 bot).

Damage = random(0..1) * Item damage * skill factor * strength factor * class factor * level factor.

skill factor could account for a portion of the noob vs l33t toon... I'd probably rate this one with a 1.0 multiplier somewhere in the "competent with the weapon" range of 50-60? Skill 255 could be 4.5 multiplier, Skill 1 could be a 0.1 multiplier.

strength factor ideally takes into account the weight of the weapon. a bot with low strength should be penalized with a heavy weapon. an uber-strength bot should get some damage bonus for all those muscles.

class factor is primarily melee or not, a flat percentage penalty for casters. casters can mitigate this by upping their skill, but they should never be as good as a melee class.

level factor shouldn't be huge... skill with the weapon type should be more important (i.e., bigger multiplier)... Take your level 40 toon in EQ and have it fight using a weapon for which it has no skill... and guess what, you suck!

It would be interesting to do a "live" calibration with established non-AA, untweaked toons... it should be easy enough (for those that have time on their hands) to whip up new toons in EQ, equip them the same and compare output... then you'll at least have a notion of what you're trying to approximate.

Well, that's my own 2 cents for what it is worth...

Last edited by ArChron; 05-30-2007 at 01:12 PM..
Old 05-30-2007, 08:25 AM
EmanonCow
Sarnak

Why attempt to not use the routines/math that EQEmu uses to determine player damage?
Old 05-30-2007, 10:30 PM
Magoth78
Discordant

Because it's too complicated. A player uses skill, item stats(+dmg), AAs, etc.. for his dmg calculation. I can't set it for a bot...
-- EQoffline/bots
Old 06-02-2007, 01:40 PM
Zard
Sarnak

Default a bug perhaps

More detailed discovery & troubleshooting at this recent thread...
http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/sho...476#post133476
In a nutshell, when I use these files to play the bot version, the NPC mobs will not cast buffs on themselves when a zone loads up as they should. At least this is happening for me. I can't believe I did not notice this sooner, perhaps it was because I switched to PEQ's database and expected some differences. If I use the regular world and zone start up files the NPC's act as normal. Let me know if you think it is a bug or my sneoobidness

At the moment, I will stick with bots lol....I would rather play with a group on the solo server with no internet access.
Old 06-06-2007, 05:40 AM
Zard
Sarnak

Default Can anyone else confirm

Can anyone else confirm if this is happening on thier servers?

Thanks,
Zard
Old 06-17-2007, 07:00 AM
shadowdeamon01
Fire Beetle

cant seem to download the files from mag's site, anyone else having problems?
Old 06-17-2007, 06:55 PM
Magoth78
Discordant

Hello,

back from vacations.

Zard> You're right, for some reasons the npc (but bots) don't cast their normal spells. That must be something that I've changed recently in the code, I will try to fix that.

shadowdeamon01> At the moment, you can download the windows binaries files. I've removed the codes from the website because it changes very often and I don't want to upload it each time I make a change.

Mag
-- EQoffline/bots
Old 06-28-2007, 01:11 PM
Zengez
Hill Giant

Some things I've noticed... inviting a player to a group where bots already exist crashes the game every time, but adding the player before summoning the bots works fine...

::EDIT:: Also seems trying to zone in to a zone with active bots by another player crashes the zone, at least from char select haven't tried just regular zoning yet

also bots won't help anyone but those that summoned them, so a secondary player won't receive heals or anything from a bot, I know you haven't really put in support for multiple players yet but figured I'd at least give you a heads up

on those lines bot's hp bar in the group window don't show up for anyone but the person with the bots.... so other people in the group see nothing.

And finally as an aside, I can't help but notice that at higher end clerics are healing for 400 while shamans are healing for 600... this is at 50+... I know clerics get smaller faster and more effecient heals at higher end, but it's kinda sad to see a warrior with 10k hp get healed for 400 at a time hehe maybe some way to impliment a check into that, like whatever you use (I assume something along the lines of when player hp is <70% cast: (latest heal spell) but perhaps a sub line like
if player health is <70% then:
If player is missing 100-600 hp cast 400 hp heal
If player is missing 700-1100 hp cast 1k heal
If player is missing 1100+ hp cast CHeal

I know it's not that easy since you have to take into account caster level and spell levels and whatnot, but even if it lagged behind the character's actual ability so that you only type up a new hierarchy every 5 or 10 levels I think people would be willing to deal with a slightly behind the curve cleric that heals accurately instead of one that spams the latest heal even when it's not at all useful... /shrug just my thoughts, If you want I can dig through lucy and come up with an actual hierarchy by level range. For most classes or applications this isn't terribly necessary just healing since it's so Time sensitive /shrug

Last edited by Zengez; 06-28-2007 at 09:18 PM..
Old 06-29-2007, 07:47 AM
John Adams
Demi-God

I really need to try getting this to work again... I feel I am missing all the fun!
Old 06-30-2007, 12:14 AM
Magoth78
Discordant

Hello,

Zengez, there isn't any support for multiplayer at the moment, that's why you re experiencing a lot of issues if you log more than one client.
But multiplier is something that I will like to work on in the future. I can imagine a server where everyone can have his own group. A raid would be doable with 4-5 players, that could be nice on pve and pvp servers.

Concerning heal. A bot, when it spawns, learn its spell list depending its level/class. When a heal is needed, it will scan its spell list and the first heal will be the one it will use everytime. I can't change that for the moment but that's something I will have to look into.
-- EQoffline/bots
Old 06-30-2007, 10:03 AM
Magoth78
Discordant

Update:

-- I've fixed the issue that occured since the last patch concerning NPC's spells. They re now working correctly. Download the latest builds on my website.
-- I've added a new command: "#bot group summon" that will summon all your grouped bots to you, then they will take place as they should (they will just split). This command will be usefull in closed place I think.
-- the full project's sources are availables again on the website.

'Nite,
Mag
-- EQoffline/bots
Closed Thread