Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Bots

Development::Bots Forum for bots.

Closed Thread

Old 10-06-2008, 09:38 AM
nicholasjohn
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubber View Post
You need to edit your makefiles to include the bot code.

1. Change the following in zone/makefile:

Code:
DFLAGS=-DEQDEBUG=5 -DCATCH_CRASH -DNO_PIDLOG -DSHAREMEM -DSPELL_EFFECT_SPAM -DFIELD_ITEMS -DCOMBINED -DAPP_OPCODE_SIZE=2 -Di386
to:

Code:
DFLAGS=-DEQDEBUG=5 -DCATCH_CRASH -DNO_PIDLOG -DSHAREMEM -DSPELL_EFFECT_SPAM -DFIELD_ITEMS -DCOMBINED -DAPP_OPCODE_SIZE=2 -Di386 -DEQBOTS
2. Then change the following in zone/makefile.common

Code:
../common/guild_base.o guild_mgr.o
to:

Code:
../common/guild_base.o guild_mgr.o task.o raids.o botRaids.o botAI.o petAI.o
3. run make
ok I did steps 1 and 2 not quite sure what you meant by step 3 ?
But i still do not have bots enabled for some reason.
Thanks in advanced for any help
Old 10-06-2008, 09:42 AM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

Congdar;

How do you feel about adding a few more spells as bot commands?

#bot groupwolf ( don't always want to be a wolf)
#bot levitate (I hate bobbin' around like a cork in a pond all the time)
#bot seeinv (I don't even know if this is needed at all, but it takes up a buff slot)
Old 10-06-2008, 09:44 AM
cubber
Discordant

Nicholasjohn:

step 3. is how you compile the source on linux. Not sure what you need to do for a windows compile.

Angelox:

I agree, I do notice that when I summon support type bots I get hit with alot of junk buffs first and never seem to have room for the good stuff.

I have levetating as a monk! That is why we have safe fall =P
Old 10-06-2008, 09:50 AM
Congdar
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelox View Post
Congdar;

How do you feel about adding a few more spells as bot commands?

#bot groupwolf ( don't always want to be a wolf)
#bot levitate (I hate bobbin' around like a cork in a pond all the time)
#bot seeinv (I don't even know if this is needed at all, but it takes up a buff slot)
I've added some, but I'm trying to add ones that can't be easily acquired other ways. Levitate and see invis can be found on items, or if you have a wizard bot you can get levitate. I'm confused with what you have in the () you want these commands to make is so you don't lev or wolf or seeinv?
Quote:
Originally Posted by cubber View Post
step 3. is how you compile the source on linux. Not sure what you need to do for a windows compile.
see post #750
Old 10-06-2008, 10:11 AM
nosfentora
Discordant

Thanks Congdar - and keep up the good work!
Old 10-06-2008, 10:56 AM
Andrew80k
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Congdar View Post
Hopefully all the spells will be fully supported one day. Are you sure about the assist thing? You attack and they just stand there? Maybe you have them in 'guard' mode. You must use the follow command to get them to assist you again after using guard or enraged commands.
Yeah, I don't usually use the guard command as I move far too fast for all that. It's interesting. They'll follow me around and sit there while I get the crap beat out of me by 6 or 7 mobs. You know Rangers, we're not happy unless there are plenty of mobs. I have to tell them to attack each mob in turn. As long as I tell them to, they'll happily go about their business. It's like having an employee with no initiative.

By the way, I did notice one other thing. My Paladin was critting in the 8k's. Now he's got pretty damn good gear and all but that still seems a little high for a Paladin. And that may not be a BOT thing either. Maybe general issue.
Old 10-06-2008, 11:23 AM
Congdar
Developer

not sure what your issue is, testing just now my bots assist me without having to do anything.
Old 10-06-2008, 11:29 AM
nicholasjohn
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew80k View Post
Yeah, I don't usually use the guard command as I move far too fast for all that. It's interesting. They'll follow me around and sit there while I get the crap beat out of me by 6 or 7 mobs. You know Rangers, we're not happy unless there are plenty of mobs. I have to tell them to attack each mob in turn. As long as I tell them to, they'll happily go about their business. It's like having an employee with no initiative.

By the way, I did notice one other thing. My Paladin was critting in the 8k's. Now he's got pretty damn good gear and all but that still seems a little high for a Paladin. And that may not be a BOT thing either. Maybe general issue.
I noticed the same thing just now, they will not assist until i use the #bot group order attack. They just stand around and never get in the fight.
Old 10-06-2008, 12:07 PM
Congdar
Developer

strange, like I said... I'm not seeing this problem. anything else you can tell me? Are your bots in a group? Is their gear equipped?
Old 10-06-2008, 12:22 PM
Andrew80k
Dragon

Quote:
strange, like I said... I'm not seeing this problem. anything else you can tell me? Are your bots in a group? Is their gear equipped?
Yep, equipped, in the group, working great except for the assist thing. I'm running on FC8 Linux. Compiled no problems. Can't think of anything that would cause them to not assist either, especially since you say they are working for you. Last version I ran they assisted me no problem though. So /em shrugs. At work now so really can't play with it. Maybe I'll try to throw a debug message or two in it to give some more feedback later on.
Old 10-06-2008, 12:27 PM
Congdar
Developer

what version are you using? check the date on your zip file and/or exe's. There may be a newer version. there was a version up for a short time that had a follow bug in it.
Old 10-06-2008, 12:35 PM
nicholasjohn
Fire Beetle

Quote:
bots have gear and grouped up, I made a more bots and tried no gear and still no assist. I just compiled from the SVN revision 54.

I'm doing the same things i did on the previous revision and it did work on that version.
Old 10-06-2008, 12:42 PM
Andrew80k
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholasjohn View Post
bots have gear and grouped up, I made a more bots and tried no gear and still no assist. I just compiled from the SVN revision 54.

I'm doing the same things i did on the previous revision and it did work on that version.
Yeah, same here. I'm on r52. Bots grouped and geared.
Old 10-06-2008, 12:49 PM
Congdar
Developer

I wonder if Angelox's name change broke it. but that's not till r54 /shrug
Old 10-06-2008, 12:51 PM
Andrew80k
Dragon

Quote:
I wonder if Angelox's name change broke it.
I'm not running that yet. I'm running the r52 which is prior to it.
Closed Thread