Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-29-2011, 06:19 PM
supahsen
Sarnak

Thumbs up Nagafens Lair Server

Gotta say, This server is a ton of fun.
I've been playing here for, oh, a month or so almost now.

First, the basics:
Titanium Client works fine here. Nothing you can't get to with it

This is a solo-type server. No, *everything* isn't soloable, but most of it is. You aren't going to log in on day 1 and be soloing in PoTime that night. Not to say that after your all geared up, and have unlocked PoP, that it takes anything more then 1 solid group really though to run through Time, Assuming they have the best gear and good charms.

Gear drops right where it would on live, however, mobs are at 1/3rd of live strength, named seem to pop a lot more often, and it seems they drop the good stuff often enough. You will gear up here pretty quick, especially after ya start hitting some of those old raid zones, like VP/ToV/Kael/VT

Charm: There is a Charm, which you can level up to 99. At level 1, (you buy it for free in lobby), it has +1 all stats/sv, +100hp, +50mana.. At level 99, it's got +99 to all stats/sv, 9900hp, 4450mana. The cost to upgrade the trinket is 25aa's per rank, Don't let that intimidate you though. EXP here goes smoothly, you will get 60+ fairly quick, but you need to be, to solo all those bosses you'll be killing, or trying to kill. I can get an AA every 2 kills or so in elemental planes. And there's commonly groups of people running around spread acrost the zone, slaughtering everything they see, There is a group EXP bonus, and you will find plenty of people to group with.

Zone-hub = Guild Lobby. You start off here, there are spell scribers, buffers, Teleporters(Cuts down a lot on some of the running around, but note, they wont just port you anywhere. More zones become unlocked as you progress), and some little trinkets to buy off the vendors when you start.

You progress, starting in oldworld, and you've gotta take out some oldworld dragons/bosses to unlock Kunark. Then, the same is done there, Then through Velious, Then through Luclin, untill you unlock PoP, which is where we are sitting at now. The task masters for the unlock quests are located in the main zone-hub for the server, Guild Lobby.

Almost anyone can really solo their way through Kunark, guess it would depend on your class.. You might need 1 partner to help, if not.
Some more solo friendly classes can even go beyond that. I play a pet class, and i can solo most mobs up through vex thal, but I've got pretty decent gear.

New content soon:: The Head GM here, Sabrina, is pretty great at what she does. The next expansion being dropped, is 100% custom, New Quests, Mobs, Drops, And it shouldn't be more then a couple weeks off or so, I hear The GM's here are on often, will help if you need it, and even have hosted some pretty cool events.

The server has just recently been upgraded with some new hardware too, so we are calling all you players out there, bored and without a solid home, to come join ours!

So c'mon guys and girls... It's a lot of fun to run through the old zones mobs, see what drops, remember old forgotten camps & spawns, and be able to do it at your own pace.

Everyone on this server is crazy friendly, And no, I'm not just saying that. If we see someone new, we are going to try helping them out, whether it be some extra gear, or help flagging. We want you guys to stay! We love this server and want to keep it's population up and around.

Log on in today, Check it out. You won't regret it!

-Sion
Hit me up in game if ya need people!

Last edited by supahsen; 11-29-2011 at 06:21 PM.. Reason: luclin