Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 01-01-2012, 08:41 PM
Andrew80k
Dragon

I was able to get it to compile by modifying some code, but since I did that I want to test it a bit more than normal. I run my test server on linux but I do have an older set up on my laptop that I use to build the binaries. I'll have to some updating to get it going again so it might be a few days before I get an idea if the changes I made are going to work or not. I did use perl 5.14 and mysql 5.1.
Old 01-13-2012, 04:27 AM
dew1960
Sarnak

Default Compiling Server with ActivePerl 5.14

Hiya!

If you can get the source to compile with c++ 2008 or vs2010 AND using ActivePerl 5.14.x, would you please post a link to download the compiled binaries?

If you would be so kind, maybe post a quick guide with the steps for compiling with ActivePerl 5.14.x (and using MySQL 5.1 or better) with either C++ program (2008 or 2010).

I know it would be much appreciated. I have been driving myself nuts trying to figure it out but then I am quite the noob at compiling. I am trying to learn how to do this myself so I can compile my own later on. I find it all so fascinating and frustrating at the same time.

Thank you Very much for all the support.
Old 01-13-2012, 06:50 AM
trevius
Developer

Here is the wiki page for compiling:

http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka.php?wakka=VS2008

That doesn't cover 2010 or the newer perl version, but it should be basically the same thing other than using the Server10.sln to do the compile for VS2010.
Old 01-13-2012, 08:49 AM
dew1960
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevius View Post
Here is the wiki page for compiling:

http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka.php?wakka=VS2008

That doesn't cover 2010 or the newer perl version, but it should be basically the same thing other than using the Server10.sln to do the compile for VS2010.
I was able to compile with the Sever9, ActivePerl-5.14.2.1402-MSWin32-x86-295342, and VS2010 and got no errors! I am using a Windows 7/64 PC but using the 32bit versions of ActivePerl and MySQL Server 5.1 essentials.

This was encouraging so, I sourced the db and got the maps and quests from svn, copied over the required files and started up the server.

I got a fatal error at the point in zone.exe where it loads the pearl commands. I will try compiling from the server10 project instead.

First, some sleep! TY