Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-23-2010, 06:04 PM
Arkendar
Fire Beetle

Default Server question

Well, I assume this is the correct area of the forum to post this. I apologize if it isn't.
As a backstory, I've played EQ since Kunark era, off and on, and more recently flipped between Shards of Dalaya, Irreverent, and Live (well, Test) EQ. Been playing WoW lately, but it has hit the "I have nothing to do but farm for a new char that I'll make in like 3 months" point, which is dull. Plus, I wouldn't mind losing the subscription fee.

Haven't played anything in over two weeks, getting bored on my day off from work, so I figured I'd see if a server exists with what I'm looking for.

I'll just list off things I like and see which server fits it the best, after my one question.
Which is, simply put: I enjoy the "art" of pulling on EQ. Played a monk for years, more recently a bard, which I found I liked more. I've heard Fade doesn't work on any Emu server, however. Is this true?

Okay, on to things I like:
Not limited to original (to Luclin or whatever) expansions. I like the more recent stuff, as well.

Raid mobs tuned down so you are able to kill them without a raid (be it solo, 3box or something like that)

2-3 boxing allowed, preferably.

If any of them are similiar to Irreverent, I like the fact that mobs respawn in an hour on Irrev. Makes it less frustrating to find world mobs I like killing.

Faster exp gain (I don't care if it isn't 5x or something. Double or Triple would be nice, however. I try to play less than I used to.. Leveling at normal pace would take ages, and I'd be tempted to play for long stretches)

To bring back up the expansion stuff, if any have up to DoD, or SoD, would be awesome. Especially if there is an SoD one including mercenaries.

If raid mobs aren't tuned down, I want to be able to progress far enough to at least be able to solo *some* of the older raids (well, by solo I mean 2-3box).

Custom content doesn't matter much to me. I can accept it, but I'm perfectly happy (and possibly happier) with what I know.

Basically: I want a server I can hop on for a few hours and screw around on in some of my favorite areas. I don't want to spend ages upon ages leveling, but I don't want to kill one mob and ding. I want to, after a little while on my chars, be able to run into older zones and kill the raids off.

If raids are tuned down, my favorite expansion would be GoD. If they are not, then GoD isn't quite as important. Mercenaries make me happy (Don't have to be my own healer, which I can't stand doing), but aren't a requisite.
My only real issue with Irreverent is that I just ran out of things to do, it seemed. I might go screw around on it again when GoD is further released, but for now, I need something new.

I think one of my most important things to note is that I don't want to be forced to group. I like boxing because it affords me the ability to play on my own time. If I want to go afk for an hour, I can do that. If I want to pull one mob every 5 minutes, sure, that's alright. Also that I don't have to play for 6-8 hours a day to keep up.

That's all I can think of to mention at this time. Obviously, I don't want *everything* matched up (would be awesome, but I doubt it exists), but a few of them would be nice. Any suggestions?
Thanks