Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-20-2007, 11:05 AM
techguy84
Discordant

Default State of the Project

I have been dodeling around the forums for the past few days and something has come to my attention.

Is this project starting to die?

I say this because it seems like there is just less and less going on. More people just moving on to greener pastures, or just getting bored with it. I used to frequent the project a long time ago, and things seemed more up then they are now. I dont know, make me feel blue as I have come back to it only to find its slowing down.

Things that lead me to this conclusion.

Updates - There was frequent updates all the way up to 3/15, then they stopped.

Post - I am not seeing a lot of new post in most catagories. Some things are over 2 months old.

People leaving - Some great people to this project have or are about to leave. Mostly due to the fact of it getting boring, old, stale, slow, ect...

Maybe I am just catching it at a bad time, I dunno. I know that I have swore to complete my guide as a contribution ot the project, but I'm worried by the time its done, will it just fall on deaf ears.

I dont know if this is the kind of attention that is wanted here, but what if we was to push the project. Tell people that have never heared of it to take a look, through signatures, blogs, things of that nature. I can think this may be bad for the emu, as more attention from users means more attention from SOE and company.

Anyhow, just rambling on, I know I am not going anywhere for now, but I dont have the same background as some other people as I am kinda new again, so things are fresh to me.

On a added note, I think that it is simply more or less the player distrobution amongst the servers, with most people starting a new server. This does kinda cause issues as you find people scattered instead of united, but this is the heart of the project, the abilty to go on your own if you wanted to.