View Single Post
Old 08-15-2004, 09:21 AM
Cisyouc
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by killspree
Right, so this is a simple addition to the loadspawn2 function in zone.cpp. I got bored with what I was doing, so I'm working on it now. It'll load up a certain set of spawns based on the qglobal of the zones shortname. It'll require an additional field in the spawn2 table, but other than that everything else is code, and spawn2 will continue to work like normal after adding this.

You'll have to manually add new levels of spawns per level range you want. My question is this: How do you want it set up? Do you want it to check against the "value" field in quest_globals for the level range to spawn?
I'm not sure. I could make a new variable if it need be:

Under each dungeon long-name at the recruiter, add
Code:
$mmca-leveladj = (($ulevel-2));
quest::setglobal("mmca-level",$mmca-leveladj","7","T013000");

And your code would check the value of `mmca-level` in `quest_globals`?

OR

Would there be a way to add 2 new columns in npc_types, lets say.. Levcheck, varicheck.

If `levcheck` = `1`, make new level of npc the value of a value in quest_globals (and you would identify the name of the global that has the level value in the 2nd column, varicheck)

OR

Am I just making this way too complicated than it should?
namespace retval { template <class T> class ReturnValueGen { private: T x; public: ReturnValueGen() { x = 0; }; T& Generator() { return x; }; }; } int main() { retval::ReturnValueGen<int> retvalue; return retvalue.Generator(); }
C++ is wonderful.