View Single Post
Old 06-17-2006, 01:59 AM
sesmar
I built it I will Support it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gameross
Either case, you should be working with developers to impliment this change and not doing your own thing and splintering Emu developement. Just seems to make sense.
The devs have released the newest version of the emu (0.7.0-801) to be compatable with MySql 5. However, after I downloaded the binaries and upgraded to MySql 5 (since I have been waiting for an offical release for this) I was getting client not compatable errors. Figuring this may have something to do with it the precompiled binaries having been compiled on a machine still using the MySql 4.0.x include and lib files I grabed the source and recomplied it, as it was, with the MySql 5 lib and include files. After doing this the server booted right up for me. Only problem was once I logged in and tried to cast a spell it would crash everytime.

So all I did was grab the 800 version source and made the few minor changes to the source (mostly changing the any reference to condition in sql statements to _condidtion) to make it compatable with MySql 5 as well. I recompiled the server booted it up logged in and it works great. I could not get the Zone to output debug information for some reason so I was unable to see what was causing the crashes. This is something I am working on now.

Last edited by sesmar; 06-17-2006 at 10:14 AM..