View Single Post
Old 06-16-2006, 10:43 PM
Coleshadowblades
Fire Beetle

Excuse me but I unlike MOST am sharing what I have learned with the devs if you paid attention to the changelog the upgrade to enable mysql 5 support IS done by one of the devs they however compile for MYSQL4 which means the default binaries DONT work with mysql 5. now let me put it to you in laymans terms mysql five executes queries far faster then 4 4 is about 2 years or so out of date. zones boot far faster and the emu loads astoundingly fast now. I am not splintering anything. Merely providing WORKING binaries for people who WANT to upgrade to mysql 5 because the devs wont/havent provide/ed them. So kindly refrain from throwing accusations at someone trying to actually be HELPFULL to the community unless you can substantially backup your accusations with something more then conjecture.

now I will be updating that download however it requires 3 changes to the database...

you need to :

Code:
As shown in latest build changelog
ALTER TABLE spawn2 CHANGE `condition` `_condition` MEDIUMINT(8) UNSIGNED NOT
NULL DEFAULT '0'; 

needed edits found durring testing
ALTER TABLE accounts CHANGE `packencrypt` `packencrypt` BLOB NULL;
ALTER TABLE character_ CHANGE `extprofile` `extprofile` BLOB NULL;
(Which you should do ANYWAY when the field isnt being given a value anyway just as a coding standard)

~~~PLEASE NOTE!!!~~~ SPECIAL THANKS TO SESMAR For helping me get the binaries compiled!

I will also be putting the updated source files (Since the devs have yet to take unused file references out of the solution file) so people new to the emu and dont know that the files arent even used but present in the project can compile easily

Last edited by Coleshadowblades; 06-17-2006 at 07:36 AM..