Thread: Finding Opcodes
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2008, 03:54 PM
trevius
Developer

Thanks for the input AndMetal. I saw that post, but I guess I forgot about it lol.

I was looking for packet structure as well, because I assume they have to have at least some of it defined for showeq to be able to read data packets and pull what they need from them. From what I could tell, they do seem to have some kind of packet structure code, but it is done in a completely different format that what the emu uses. Someone with more code knowledge would have to look into that to see if there is anything useful, because I can't tell. Though, they did seem to have some info on systems that the emu still needs to get working, like bazaar, ldon, titles, and others.

I did finally get showeq running on my Debian box, but I need to move both PCs to share a hub so that the packets can be sniffed and I didn't want to do that last night since it would affect my players obviously. I will try to put a hub in the next time I reboot the server. Then, I can get a look at what it shows for Live at least. And see if there is anything useful coming into it.

I would still like to find the source for one of the eq packet collectors that were developed to help find all of this stuff. Maybe the packet decoding, compression and other stuff from the showeq source could be used to update the packet collector.