Thread: Finding Opcodes
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2008, 05:59 AM
trevius
Developer

Ooh, nice! Sounds like a very nice start. What are you using to get the packets from live? Wireshark?

Then, you are running a script to decode the packets?

Whatever it is, it sounds like a very handy tool when it is complete

If I had your knowledge, I could do some real damage :P For now, I will just keep fumbling around and researching. I imagine that getting the friends list and maybe even titles working wouldn't be way too hard. I think I have all of the needed opcodes, so it would be a matter of pulling out the names that are sent for the friends list and doing a who query on them for the client. And for Titles, I imagine we would need a new table that includes the Title name and multiple fields for requirements to meet (like total AAs, etc). I know friends list and titles seem small, but every little thing adds up IMO.

I know that one of the main ones everyone wants to see working are LDoN Adventures, including the points and merchant systems. This would probably be considerably more complex to get working. I think bazaar would be a really cool one as well. And, I don't even think bazaar would be all that hard to get working. Mainly, everything that /becomenpc does is what turning /trader mode on needs to do. Then, just have a table for items for sale, and maybe gather a couple more missing opcodes for purchases and stuff.

Still, getting any of these system working is over my head. Eventually I hope to understand the code well enough to get at least some working. I have already learned quite a bit since I first started looking at the code.