View Single Post
Old 08-07-2008, 05:35 PM
KLS
Administrator

Quote:
No, the way I see it working is, whenever you kill a mob, or loot something, the server will need to check if you have any active tasks, and if killing that mob, or looting that item, was an objective of the task, then incrementing the kill/loot count for the task and sending the Task Complete packet when you have killed/looted the required number.
Basically, we can already handle this kind of stuff via player quests too, proximity mobs for explore etc.

Would add a internal task tracking system for time, completion/failure and maybe item amounts since that would be cumbersome then could probably do the rest via quests.

quest::updatetaskvalue(taskfield,value)
quest::enabletaskforplayer()
quest::disabletaskforplayer()
quest::opentaskwindow()
quest::istaskcompleted(taskid)

etc. probably more or different.

Biggest issue if you've gotten most the packets worked out will probably be trying to with some finesse track the quests offered. Since quests offered to a player will vary based on: who the player is(race,class), what they've done(tasks/quests complete), which npc is giving it.

That said if you need help and I get time I'd be most excited to help you hammer out a system to do it.