View Single Post
Old 04-22-2007, 08:38 AM
Magoth78
Discordant

Maybe a dream will become real.

I've started to work on the project, there are the principal features:

1/ You can group with your bots.

Once you've spawned your bots, you can group with 5 of them. Their name and HPs are appearing in your normal group bar. If they are damaged or healed, you will see their HPs moving.

*** actually 5 is the limitation because I want to make everything working well in group then I'll start to work on raids.

2/ Attack limitations (melee + spells)

You can't attack your bots. Bots can't attack themselves. Bots can't attack their Master (you by default or any other player who grouped their bots).

3/ Moove

Once you've grouped your bots, they will follow you just like all the others mobs do when they're aggroing you. That's a great thing because they will never be stuck and if they re rooted/snared or anything else and you are far from them, they will always find their way to you.

4/ Master death, Bots death

If you die (or zone/disco/LD) you loose your actual bots and your group is disbanded. But don't worry, you can just spawn them and invite them in your group again.
If a bot dies, he disappears then leaves the group. Also, you can spawn it again and group it.

Now, I'm going to focus on the stats of the bots and their inventory. As I said on a previous post, I would like to give to a choosen bot an item that I've looted. This way, this bot will become stronger.
For that, I've 2 majors ways:
a) A perl quest per bot : once I gave an item to a bot, it gains the benefits of this items. Its stats are updgraded (if the item is better that he had) or downgraded (if I want to unequip this bot).
b) A web feature : A lot of things can be done with php.

When done, I will start to work on their AI. I really want to have the rogue Bots to go behind the mob, Mezzers bots doing some CC, etc... but I think there re a lot of job to do in order to make it working perfectly..

Later,
Mag
-- EQoffline/bots