View Single Post
Old 09-30-2008, 03:02 PM
Derision
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosSlayer View Post
well how do you turn in 50 quest items to an npc AT ONCE? =)
Or can task system handles this 1 item at a time? and count the turn ins?
The task system counts the turn ins, so you can turn in 25 one day, and then 25 the next day to complete the activity, or whatever, until you have turned in a total of 50.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joligario View Post
Wrote my first task today... wow that can get involved!
Yeah, it really needs a GUI to assist in writing the tasks.

Quote:
4. In activities, even though activitytype is over-ridden if text3 is populated, setting it to 0 will produce erroneous results in the task window. Currently you have default set to 0.
The activitytype is not overridden if text3 is populated (i.e. the task system will still handle it if the activity is not under Perl quest control), it is just not displayed as 'Deliver To', 'Kill', etc. You're right though, the default activitytype of 0 is invalid. I've just comitted a change to the SVN to send activities that have an activitytype of 0 as a type 9 to the client, which should fix that problem. I'll look into the other issues you raised.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joligario View Post

1. Under the rewards, if there is a cash reward can you display the amount or at least have it say Cash?
2. The reward text does not show on the task screen unless it is an item.
There is a flag in the packet struct which makes the client display 'You gain experience!' if it is set. I am not aware of a flag that will make it display details of a cash reward, however:

In Rev24, I fixed it so the Reward text field will be displayed even if RewardID==0, so if you want a task to have a cash-only reward, set RewardID to 0 and put the details of the cash reward in the Reward field. If you want to give an item and cash and want the player to know they will get both, then the only way currently is to put the ItemID in the RewardID field, and then put eg. 'Item x and 20 plat' in the Reward text field.

Last edited by Derision; 10-01-2008 at 12:03 AM..