View Single Post
Old 10-04-2008, 05:12 AM
Derision
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by joligario View Post
Next suggestion:

Alter the task table to have minlevel and maxlevel fields
Create a bool function for CheckTaskLevel()
Create perl quest function quest::istaskappropriate(taskid)

With those, we could let the system do the level checks for us. Not really a big deal, but just might be handy.
I've just committed this. There are new minlevel and maxlevel columns in the task table. If either is zero, it is ignored, so you can have no level restriction, only a minimum level, or only a maximum level, or both.

The level restrictions are enforced in the TaskSelector (a Task won't be sent if it doesn't meet the restrictions).

To augment this, I have slightly altered the way Task Sets work. Previously you had to enable/disable tasks in a set on a per player basis.

Now, if you put a TaskID of zero in a Task Set (which is an invalid TaskID), all the tasks in that set will automatically be available for a player, subject to a level restrictions.

This means you can create a task set for an NPC with a bunch of tasks with different level ranges and just call quest::tasksetselector(set number), and let the task system decide which tasks to offer the client based on the level restrictions.

I have also added quest::istaskappropriate(taskid) if you want to have an NPC tailor what it says to a player based on that.

Last edited by Derision; 10-04-2008 at 04:07 PM..