View Single Post
Old 02-04-2015, 02:47 PM
ghanja
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolamer View Post
I tried running it on both the EQEMU login and a local login server. Both times I dont get any errors, and both times the server doesn't show up. Joligario mentioned that I need to continue with the DB update check. What exactly does that mean? I sourced in all of the needed stuff from the pack that I used. Is there a mysql command that can update what I have already sourced in?
First. Stop running the batch file, is what I would recommend. (the stock batch file doesn't check for errorlevels and even if it did, without having the source in front of me atm, I dont know what if any errorlevels the binaries will exit with). So a batch will just run one binary after another (because it is calling with 'start').

Run just world.exe (FOR THE PURPOSE OF UPDATING -- you'd want to run the batch after you're up to date!)

Quote:
3) Check for pending REQUIRED Database updates
Stages updates for automatic upgrade...
Now, press 3 to "check for pending REQUIRED Database updates"

Do you have a subdirectory called db_update off of your root EQEMU directory? If you dont, make it (even though world.exe should make it on its own I did notice sporadic odd behavior when it tries and fails for no apparent reason) and don't put anything in it (world.exe will).

Though I would ensure you have a backup of your database before proceeding with option 3.

When your DB is all up to date, world.exe will not give you those options, it will just "sit there" (more less), because, well, it is running.