View Single Post
Old 11-11-2010, 08:57 AM
harney5
Fire Beetle

Just wanted to stop by the emulator forums and give another plug for the server that I've enjoyed playing on over the past 12 months ( kind've crazy I've stuck with one emu server for this long ).

The guild and I have been working on the current end zone in the raid scene for the past two months working with Vaion ( the creator of the zone ) and have been progressing through it enjoying the difficulty of the events and the creativity and strategy required. I raided on live through GoD and I've played on emulator servers for over 5 years, this zone is the best raid experience I've had on emulator, and had me reliving the 'sitting on the edge of my seat' moments that I used to have on live when we thought we were going to beat an encounter for the first time ( rathe event anyone? lol ).

The current high end zone on THF is one that any EQ raiding veteran would enjoy working through with a small raid ( we had 4 real life people each 3-4 boxing, think we were sitting with 16 characters with bots ). We beat two events tonight, but the par for tier 2 of this zone is a 15-20 minute encounter with main mobs, adds, ae's, item clicks at certain spots in the encounter, tank swapping, using warriors on some mobs, knights on other etc. The encounters are extremely interactive, and just enjoyable. I don't think Vaion will ever get the recognition he deserves with the great quality of a raid zone that he produced, but hopefully this is a small step in that direction.

Ended up taking us 7 attempts over a few different nights to finally learn and beat the hatchet event.

-Harney