View Single Post
Old 07-18-2007, 07:43 AM
John Adams
Demi-God

Thanks for the feedback.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magoth78 View Post
1/ Once you have equiped your bot and you did a "#bot update" on it, it's stats must be upgraded. I will change a lot of things about the bot's stuffs very soon as I don't like how I coded it. Also, I want to make the damages based on the stuffs of the bots, etc..
Ahh, I did not do a #bot update since I gave him his wares. I'll try that and check #npcstats

Quote:
2/ Group buffs are only casted by the player. A bot won't cast a group buff, he will just give individual buffs.
I was the guy casting the group buffs, but I didn't see stats change - though I do not know how to see what buffs are active on a bot, much like a pet.

Quote:
If you play in raid and you got a zone crash, it's important to give me the last line of your zone's binaries. I've added a lot of debugs tags in the code, and the last zone's line output should give me somes infos about your crash.
I wasn't "raidiing" yet, just single group - but I will check this out this weekend and see what I come up with. It is very exciting indeed.

What you have working right now is amazing, and I can see where many enhancements are possible growing from this excellent idea. The only thing that does still concern me is MY bots being available to anyone - and therefore changable by anyone.

Say I am level 70 and build up my bots with nice level 70 gear. Then some level 20 comes along and spawns my bots. What will happen? The same bots will be level 20, but with level 70 gear? Or, what if that level 20 player changes the gear sets, and when I come back later all my level 70 twinking is gone? Not sure what your plans are - if any - for making the #bot list "private" since I think your first run is meant for single-player servers anyway. Just a thought.